2015 Offseason Mock (1St Quarter)

datchrisb1

Our top needs are a pass rush with the flexibility needed in Nolan's system (we don't even have one on the team), strengthen the D-line in general, and an upgrade at RT. Everything else is depth improving on the next man up and special teams.

Free Agents:

Top Target: Nick Fairley DT

Supplementary: Rob Housler TE, King Dunlap OT

A decent draft is 2 starters and a whole bunch of supplementary guys. A great draft is when you get 3 starters, when you surpass that it gets monumental. The key is to find high impact starter type guys after round 3. So, basically in 3 years if aside from Southward and up, if Prince Shembo, Devonte Freeman, Ricardo Allen, etc... are solid starters then it was a great draft.

Draft:

1. Dante Fowler (Edge Rusher) Florida- He lines up everywhere on the field but is at his best when rushing the QB. As our 1st pick, he would be an immediate impact guy.

2. Zach Hodges (Edge Rusher) Harvard- Great quickness off the edge, long armed edge rusher who can also drop and cover and can also line up anywhere on the field. Very fast OLB/Edge rusher, who could really be an improvement over Biermann. I love his motor, it's none stop.

3. Corey Robinson (Right Tackle) South Carolina- Currently SC's left tackle, I think he could be a very good right tackle for us. He could be a bit of a project but at 6'8 348 lbs he has the body type and the feet, with King starting he will have the time to get up to speed.

4. Markus Golden (Edge Rusher) Missouri- As of right now he's ranked this low, don't see things staying that way come May, but this is a starter. He fits in Nolan's system, he has the athleticism to drop in coverage and the ability to rush the passer.

5. Darius Kilgo (Defensive Tackle) Maryland- Another potential starter late in the draft. Solid run stopping DT, stout against the run, pretty much a Corey Peters like DT, not saying he is, just saying he is stout against the run but with great hands he can rush the passer. Hopefully he won't have the injury concerns. Not a high motor, but would be a great rotational guy.

6. Jon Feliciano (Offensive Guard) Miami- A bit of a developmental guy, I like his ability to pull and get out in space when asked too. He will need to get stronger. Would add depth to our O-line.

7. Kivon Cartwright (Tight End) Colorado State- This is a very under the radar guy. Very developmental, but if he works hard we could have a Antonio Gates, Eric Ebron type weapon on our offense. He can fly, a straight up and down low 4.4 guy at tight end would be a great asset.

Edited by datchrisb1

Too many edge rushers bro. We already have Mass, Moponga, Kroy, Osi, Babs, Goodman, and prolly other people I am forgetting. I am all for improving for the edge rush but taking 3 is overkill.

No such thing when your not producing with what we have with those guys you just named. If anything competition would raise the performance level and tell the Seahawks, Giants,and pretty much every other team with a great defense that there is a such thing as too many guys who rush the passer. 3 isn't overkill if you don't have any, you named bodies, these guys aren't producing.

We are 3rd worse in passing yards. That's not on the DB's in the backfield, that's on the front allowing the QB all day to pass the ball.

Too many edge rushers bro. We already have Mass, Moponga, Kroy, Osi, Babs, Goodman, and prolly other people I am forgetting. I am all for improving for the edge rush but taking 3 is overkill.

And they have Babs and Goodman at 5 anyway. Babs is playing out of position anyway, he's is not a 5. The only one coming close to doing anything on that list of names is Mass in my opinion.

I haven't looked in depth yet enough to grade players, but I'll give my opinion on the positions.

1. Edge rusher- Trufant. Love it.

2. Edge rusher- Alford. Love it.

3. Right Tackle- I don't believe in taking the same position in the same round multiple years if the previous ones busted. Mike Johnson is a bust, and Lamar Holmes may be, so let's not do that again. I'd prefer to see a true LG to come take Blalock's spot as early as next year, possibly.

4. Pass rusher. See above, but switch the names with Sidbury and Maponga. I would draft a CB here. We need to develop a solid semi-long-term nickel. McClain's a FA and hopefully prices himself out of our price range with some great play this season.

5. DT. I can dig it.

6. OG. I would switch this to a RB/FB/ST. DiMarco looks good, but someone with more running ability like Snelling had could be another little weapon.

7. TE. Loved this. Loved it so much I started drooling at the thought and wanted to change the 1st round pick to whoever the #1 TE is in the draft. Then I remembered that Babs is our best edge rusher.

I haven't looked in depth yet enough to grade players, but I'll give my opinion on the positions.

1. Edge rusher- Trufant. Love it.

2. Edge rusher- Alford. Love it.

3. Right Tackle- I don't believe in taking the same position in the same round multiple years if the previous ones busted. Mike Johnson is a bust, and Lamar Holmes may be, so let's not do that again. I'd prefer to see a true LG to come take Blalock's spot as early as next year, possibly.

4. Pass rusher. See above, but switch the names with Sidbury and Maponga. I would draft a CB here. We need to develop a solid semi-long-term nickel. McClain's a FA and hopefully prices himself out of our price range with some great play this season.

5. DT. I can dig it.

6. OG. I would switch this to a RB/FB/ST. DiMarco looks good, but someone with more running ability like Snelling had could be another little weapon.

7. TE. Loved this. Loved it so much I started drooling at the thought and wanted to change the 1st round pick to whoever the #1 TE is in the draft. Then I remembered that Babs is our best edge rusher.

Holmes was rated as a 7th rounder for a reason. Every knock on him when he was in Southern Miss is very obvious in the NFL, he falls off blocks, doesn't have the feet and is too stiff to play the position. That's not Corey Robinson, he is a very good player, and Mike Johnson is a bust, but if he could stay healthy we would have a quality starter in my opinion. Would take a RB but we have 3 quality guys to go forward with right now Rodgers, Smith, and Freeman, 3 guys who all deserve touches each game. We only carry one FB and Dimarco is playing well in our system, honestly us picking up a FB anywhere would be a wasted pick in my opinion.

And kind of like the other guy, we have OLBs, we have DEs. But do we have a pass rusher a true one on the entire roster. Biermann can be decent at times, he can contribute but is he a pass rusher, no he isn't same for Goodman, Maponga, etc...

Osi is okay but on his way out, and on any other team Massaquio would not be the top rusher, on our team he is. Our pass rush is coming from the tackle position if we generate it or blitzing, the 3 edge rushers CAN rush the passer, but that's not the only thing they can do, it's still gives Nolan the flexibility to scheme and gives us the ability to actually win one on one when needed on the LOS when providing a rush. All 3 are more than capable of dropping, but they also can win one on one when asked to rush the passer.

BOTTOM LINE, WE NEED GUYS WHO CAN WIN ONE ON ONE WHEN RUSHING THE PASSER, MORE THAN ONE.

We need one, maybe 2 pass rushers. This is an overreaction. We also only need, at most, one more interior DL guy, and that's only if we cut Babs.

Your looking at it wrong, we need capable pass rushers RUSHERS, on our defense, not just one, maybe two. What good team you know has just one capable rusher and I will call you a liar. Even good teams, just good teams have more than one, we don't HAVE ANY CAPABLE GUYS, aside from what we have at DT. This isn't an overreaction, we don't have anybody who can win one on one in that type of a situation. If we are going to be a prolific offense we need to have a matching defense. The guys I picked do other things besides just rush the passer. They just have that capability also. We still maintain the flexibility, we just don't have to RELY on blitzing and scheme to generate pressure on the QB because they CAN beat the guy in front of them unlike anybody aside from the DTs on our team right now. You tell me where are we going to get pressure on the QB if we only pick up one guy maybe two, you can't just win at just one maybe two places along the LOS defensively, that doesn't cut it.

I don't understand the logic as all. What do you expect if we only have one capable pass rusher, they double up on him and we are right back to where we are now nobody else can beat the guy in front of them. I get tired of seeing our "best pass rusher" in Biermann getting taking out of the play by running backs and tightends. We making guys like Geno Adkins, Andy Dalton, etc... look like future HOFs.

Be more specific, why one maybe two?

We need one impact guy. Our problem is that we have a bunch of #2 and depth guys. It's not like everyone we have is awful, they just aren't #1s. Most teams don't have two impact pass rushers. We do have other needs.

Yea, we gonna have to agree to disagree on that one, we don't have ones or twos in my opinion, twos win situationally. We don't even do that, dude we can't rush the passer even when WE KNOW THEY ARE PASSING THE BALL. That's not a bunch of twos man, thats worse. You can't get it done with one impact guy and what we currently have, you can focus on that high impact guy, if the others can't beat there guy one on one its a rap. J.J. Watt is a high impact guy, but he has about 3 other guys at least that are CAPABLE of beating the guy in front of them one on one. We don't have that.

Just one "high impact guy" wont cut it man.

Yea, we gonna have to agree to disagree on that one, we don't have ones or twos in my opinion, twos win situationally. We don't even do that, dude we can't rush the passer even when WE KNOW THEY ARE PASSING THE BALL. That's not a bunch of twos man, thats worse. You can't get it done with one impact guy and what we currently have, you can focus on that high impact guy, if the others can't beat there guy one on one its a rap. J.J. Watt is a high impact guy, but he has about 3 other guys at least that are CAPABLE of beating the guy in front of them one on one. We don't have that.

Just one "high impact guy" wont cut it man.

I can agree to one top tier FA and a 2nd tier FA, or a top tier FA and a 1st round pick. More than that is overkill. We don't need to replace everyone, nor do we have the resources to do so. We have other needs. Becoming a team with an impact DL, and flaws all around, is not a solution.

I don't understand the logic as all. What do you expect if we only have one capable pass rusher, they double up on him and we are right back to where we are now nobody else can beat the guy in front of them. I get tired of seeing our "best pass rusher" in Biermann getting taking out of the play by running backs and tightends. We making guys like Geno Adkins, Andy Dalton, etc... look like future HOFs.

Be more specific, why one maybe two?

Guessing you mean Geno Smith? ;)

I would disagree that we only need one edge rusher, by the way, although I would probably only DRAFT one high and try and get one of the premier free agents.

I can agree to one top tier FA and a 2nd tier FA, or a top tier FA and a 1st round pick. More than that is overkill. We don't need to replace everyone, nor do we have the resources to do so. We have other needs. Becoming a team with an impact DL, and flaws all around, is not a solution.

Okay, I picked up a "pass rusher" at 1, 2 and 4, how would you use those picks?

I like the first two picks, but not much else. Dunlap is a LT, he is not going to come here to play RT. Wouldn't sign Fairley when we have to sign Peters and just signed our 3 other guys plus high draft pick, that's overkill. I'd rather get a FA edge rusher instead and only the first two in the draft. And any offseason plan that does not address LB and FS is no bueno by default.

I like the first two picks, but not much else. Dunlap is a LT, he is not going to come here to play RT. Wouldn't sign Fairley when we have to sign Peters and just signed our 3 other guys plus high draft pick, that's overkill. I'd rather get a FA edge rusher instead and only the first two in the draft. And any offseason plan that does not address LB and FS is no bueno by default.

No, he started his career at RT when he was at philly, what do you mean he WON'T play LT. I think he has only been playing LT since he has been with the Chargers, which hasn't even been that long maybe what 2 years. What are you talking about? I don't understand the obsession with the word "overkill", do you guys want to win or what? FS was addressed in the 3rd round this year and I picked up 3 LBs, what are you talking about, we play a 3-4, they not playing DE, lol... You said you liked the first 2 picks, and then turn around and say I didn't even address a position that you said you liked, what?

It simple, control the line and good QB play, we have little problems on offense, definitely a problem at RT. We score no problem we move the ball no problem, we can't stop other teams from scoring, specifically in the passing game.

Is this better for you

1. Dante Fowler OLB

2. Zach Hodges OLB

3. Corey Robinson RT

4. Markus Golden OLB

5. Darius Kilgo NT

6. Jon Feliciano LG

7. Kivon Cartwright TE/H-Back

No, he started his career at RT when he was at philly, what do you mean he WON'T play LT. I think he has only been playing LT since he has been with the Chargers, which hasn't even been that long maybe what 2 years. What are you talking about? I don't understand the obsession with the word "overkill", do you guys want to win or what? FS was addressed in the 3rd round this year and I picked up 3 LBs, what are you talking about, we play a 3-4, they not playing DE, lol... You said you liked the first 2 picks, and then turn around and say I didn't even address a position that you said you liked, what?

It simple, control the line and good QB play, we have little problems on offense, definitely a problem at RT. We score no problem we move the ball no problem, we can't stop other teams from scoring, specifically in the passing game.

My point is LT get paid more and since he has played there the last two seasons he has been above average. He'd have to take less money to come here as a RT than he would from someone bringing him in to start at LT. So, I doubt he'd choose to come here since it is a matter of millions of dollars and not a simple position title. I said that it is overkill because three rookies at one position is not going to help you win now. That is not a position where you'd expect the 4th round pick to produce as a rookie. I personally don't expect much from Golden as a pro, but that's not even my point right now. Get a FA who can produce now and let the rookies work in opposite him. No matter how good a rookie looks they are unknown commodities and most do not produce early on. And many forced into action early are below average. Southward has done nothing to make anyone think he should be starting next year. Ideally he's our 3rd safety next year.

For one you need to watch the games, we run far more 4 down linemen sets than 3. That's just a fact. Either way I was referring to straight up linebackers not edge rushers. Common sense should have told you that since I pointed out that I liked the edge rushers. Worrilow and Bartu are not starting caliber players. I think Shembo will be decent, but he does not appear to be an impact player. Spoon cannot be trusted to play. Our LBs are trash and the middle is the weakness of our D. Notice how we always get abused in the middle of the field, especially by RBs and TEs. None of our LBs can stack and shed and of the 100+ tackles Worrilow will make this season only about 3 will be behind the LOS. We need to worry about LB and S more than DL. We do not have a true cover one deep safety and none of the guys we have now are good enough cover guys in the slot, which is something we like to do a lot with our S.

I agree we need to win the LOS and protect Matt Ryan. That's why I'd get a FA RT, don't think yours will work but he is good, draft a G and a down hill runner in the mid rounds then sell out on D. Like I said I like your first 2 picks. I'd add a corner early, still helping the pass rush and it's gonna be a deep position this year. We need FAs on defense though, because our guys are soft. Luckily we have a lot of FAs and cap space so we can spend big. My FA wish list is: OLB Justin Houston, S Devin McCourty, LB KJ Wright, LB Brandon Spikes, RT Bulaga/Free/Polumbus

My point is LT get paid more and since he has played there the last two seasons he has been above average. He'd have to take less money to come here as a RT than he would from someone bringing him in to start at LT. So, I doubt he'd choose to come here since it is a matter of millions of dollars and not a simple position title. I said that it is overkill because three rookies at one position is not going to help you win now. That is not a position where you'd expect the 4th round pick to produce as a rookie. I personally don't expect much from Golden as a pro, but that's not even my point right now. Get a FA who can produce now and let the rookies work in opposite him. No matter how good a rookie looks they are unknown commodities and most do not produce early on. And many forced into action early are below average. Southward has done nothing to make anyone think he should be starting next year. Ideally he's our 3rd safety next year.

For one you need to watch the games, we run far more 4 down linemen sets than 3. That's just a fact. Either way I was referring to straight up linebackers not edge rushers. Common sense should have told you that since I pointed out that I liked the edge rushers. Worrilow and Bartu are not starting caliber players. I think Shembo will be decent, but he does not appear to be an impact player. Spoon cannot be trusted to play. Our LBs are trash and the middle is the weakness of our D. Notice how we always get abused in the middle of the field, especially by RBs and TEs. None of our LBs can stack and shed and of the 100+ tackles Worrilow will make this season only about 3 will be behind the LOS. We need to worry about LB and S more than DL. We do not have a true cover one deep safety and none of the guys we have now are good enough cover guys in the slot, which is something we like to do a lot with our S.

I agree we need to win the LOS and protect Matt Ryan. That's why I'd get a FA RT, don't think yours will work but he is good, draft a G and a down hill runner in the mid rounds then sell out on D. Like I said I like your first 2 picks. I'd add a corner early, still helping the pass rush and it's gonna be a deep position this year. We need FAs on defense though, because our guys are soft. Luckily we have a lot of FAs and cap space so we can spend big. My FA wish list is: OLB Justin Houston, S Devin McCourty, LB KJ Wright, LB Brandon Spikes, RT Bulaga/Free/Polumbus

Okay, that's okay he spent 4 years at RT, and 2 at LT. You said HE IS NOT A RT, I was merely correcting you.

Dude, week 4 was just played, he is a freaking rookie of course he hasn't done anything yet THAT YOU HAVE SEEN, I mean really (Southward). Worrillow and Bartu are starters when they are protected properly, both struggle when asked to take on O-lineman, as evident last game. Our D-line is the trash part, we can't win one on one up front anywhere, we stay blocked entirely too long, can't rush the passer, have the beef without a proper rotation so they can't last the whole series, Soliali and Tyson Jackson have never been every down players yet we play them like that, is Worrilow a pro bowler no, is he a starter yes. He flies around the field, has the instincts to play the position, he reads his keys properly, if he is protected properly he can play the position. We get abused in the middle because Worrilow isn't a take on guy. Watch the whole play not just the ending. He leagues the league in tackles, a lot of times he is being asked to take on a guard/tackle because the O-line doesn't have to stay on there blocks long, only linebackers like Ray Lewis excel at that. And even Ray had a problem when he was asked too take on a guard consistently! 98% of the linebackers in the NFL aren't take on guys every d@#n play man, really. Watch the whole play. He takes on a guard because A. they really don't have to double up on anybody, B. when they do they don't have to stay on there blocks long, so he takes on the guard and still ends up making the tackle, just instead of 2 yards its 10 yards down the field, because the D-line didn't hold up there assignment properly. Again, watch the whole play develop, not just the end result. I do watch plays.

We have the number 1 offense in the league, its fine, get a RT move on the improving the D, our defense struggles, but trust me its not because of a us needing a freaking safety, you can't ask a corner to cover as long as we ask ours too. A rookie QB lit up our defense last night because of a lack of pressure on him, lack of a rotation for the bigs, there legs were gone early in that game...

"We need to worry about LB and S more than DL"- okay man, lol... after reading that, I will just disagree and move on obviously we're not seeing the same thing. Be honest with you, I didn't read anything else after that point...

Edited by datchrisb1

Okay, that's okay he spent 4 years at RT, and 2 at LT. You said HE IS NOT A RT, I was merely correcting you.

Dude, week 4 was just played, he is a freaking rookie of course he hasn't done anything yet THAT YOU HAVE SEEN, I mean really (Southward). Worrillow and Bartu are starters when they are protected properly, both struggle when asked to take on O-lineman, as evident last game. Our D-line is the trash part, we can't win one on one up front anywhere, we stay blocked entirely too long, can't rush the passer, have the beef without a proper rotation so they can't last the whole series, Soliali and Tyson Jackson have never been every down players yet we play them like that, is Worrilow a pro bowler no, is he a starter yes. He flies around the field, has the instincts to play the position, he reads his keys properly, if he is protected properly he can play the position. We get abused in the middle because Worrilow isn't a take on guy. Watch the whole play not just the ending. He leagues the league in tackles, a lot of times he is being asked to take on a guard/tackle because the O-line doesn't have to stay on there blocks long, only linebackers like Ray Lewis excel at that. And even Ray had a problem when he was asked too take on a guard consistently! 98% of the linebackers in the NFL aren't take on guys every d@#n play man, really. Watch the whole play. He takes on a guard because A. they really don't have to double up on anybody, B. when they do they don't have to stay on there blocks long, so he takes on the guard and still ends up making the tackle, just instead of 2 yards its 10 yards down the field, because the D-line didn't hold up there assignment properly. Again, watch the whole play develop, not just the end result. I do watch plays.

We have the number 1 offense in the league, its fine, get a RT move on the improving the D, our defense struggles, but trust me its not because of a us needing a freaking safety, you can't ask a corner to cover as long as we ask ours too. A rookie QB lit up our defense last night because of a lack of pressure on him, lack of a rotation for the bigs, there legs were gone early in that game...

"We need to worry about LB and S more than DL"- okay man, lol... after reading that, I will just disagree and move on obviously we're not seeing the same thing. Be honest with you, I didn't read anything else after that point...

False, Soliai and Jackson are doing their jobs. Your analysis is misinformed and contradictory. Our DL aren't supposed to be winning one-on-one and making plays in the backfield. They are supposed to take up blocks and allow the LB the space to move and make plays. They are doing their job, the LBs aren't. Our DL is being woefully misused. The rotation is dumb, ppl are playing out of position, and we keep slanting our DL, allowing for large cutback lanes since the LBs aren't there to fill their lanes. Worrilow and Bartu are not starters. They do not shed blocks, make no plays behind the LOS and are poor finishers/tacklers. Both are awful in coverage and that has nothing to do with the DL. You're talking about taking on OL, Worrilow can't even handle a FB. Go back and look at McKinnon's 50 yd run and tell me who you see get blown up in the hole and put on his *** while the FB goes on to seal off a backside defender while standing over 55's sorry @ss. How many of his many tackles have you seen behind the LOS? He gets a bunch of worthless Brooking tackles that occur 5+ yds downfield. Soliai and Jackson aren't having a problem holding blocks. If anything we need them to get off blocks quicker to try and make plays because the LBs aren't able to flow to the ballcarrier.

We have many holes on our D. Neither of our S can cover and we often use our S as slot defenders. Do we need an improved pass rush, more than anything. Our S are still a liability. My comments on Southward aren't a knock on him as a pro, but why would I trust him to start at that position when he has not shown anything that would make me trust him. I watched him in college (OSU fan) and was unimpressed. While athletic, he's not a good player probably because he's only been playing for like 5 yrs. I trust him to do what I feel he was brought here for, to defend the slot. Which is why I like him as the 3rd S.

Our fans complain every yr about how we get exploited by opposing TEs and RBs. Do you know who is tasked with covering those positions? S and LB. Only way DL is more important is if you want 4-3 DE as rushers. If you're talking 3-4, our linemen are fine and we need OLB rushers. Since your solution involved adding rush LBs, why would I look to add DL? If you put competent LBs behind that line and give us a quality safety you address what have been our weaknesses the past few years.

You are right about RT, I hope we get Free or Bulaga. We need edge rushers, LBs and a FS. Interior DL is fine.

Edit: What you quoted was one of the last things that I wrote so let's not pretend like you ignored the majority of my post. I'm not the type to get embarrassed on the internet so when you reply focus more on the discussion at hand and less on trying to appear cute.

Edited by MoundBred

False, Soliai and Jackson are doing their jobs. Your analysis is misinformed and contradictory. Our DL aren't supposed to be winning one-on-one and making plays in the backfield. They are supposed to take up blocks and allow the LB the space to move and make plays. They are doing their job, the LBs aren't. Our DL is being woefully misused. The rotation is dumb, ppl are playing out of position, and we keep slanting our DL, allowing for large cutback lanes since the LBs aren't there to fill their lanes. Worrilow and Bartu are not starters. They do not shed blocks, make no plays behind the LOS and are poor finishers/tacklers. Both are awful in coverage and that has nothing to do with the DL. You're talking about taking on OL, Worrilow can't even handle a FB. Go back and look at McKinnon's 50 yd run and tell me who you see get blown up in the hole and put on his *** while the FB goes on to seal off a backside defender while standing over 55's sorry @ss. How many of his many tackles have you seen behind the LOS? He gets a bunch of worthless Brooking tackles that occur 5+ yds downfield. Soliai and Jackson aren't having a problem holding blocks. If anything we need them to get off blocks quicker to try and make plays because the LBs aren't able to flow to the ballcarrier.

We have many holes on our D. Neither of our S can cover and we often use our S as slot defenders. Do we need an improved pass rush, more than anything. Our S are still a liability. My comments on Southward aren't a knock on him as a pro, but why would I trust him to start at that position when he has not shown anything that would make me trust him. I watched him in college (OSU fan) and was unimpressed. While athletic, he's not a good player probably because he's only been playing for like 5 yrs. I trust him to do what I feel he was brought here for, to defend the slot. Which is why I like him as the 3rd S.

Our fans complain every yr about how we get exploited by opposing TEs and RBs. Do you know who is tasked with covering those positions? S and LB. Only way DL is more important is if you want 4-3 DE as rushers. If you're talking 3-4, our linemen are fine and we need OLB rushers. Since your solution involved adding rush LBs, why would I look to add DL? If you put competent LBs behind that line and give us a quality safety you address what have been our weaknesses the past few years.

You are right about RT, I hope we get Free or Bulaga. We need edge rushers, LBs and a FS. Interior DL is fine.

Edit: What you quoted was one of the last things that I wrote so let's not pretend like you ignored the majority of my post. I'm not the type to get embarrassed on the internet so when you reply focus more on the discussion at hand and less on trying to appear cute.

No cuteness here, don't even really use the word. Just after reading that realized how far off your thinking is from mine. A good rotation up front on every NFL team is important, so to not think so for ours I disagree, put it that way. You see Worrilow getting blown up by a FB, that's not just a full back first of all, its Jerome Fulton, dude has "blown up" every linebacker in the league, especially a couple of years ago when AP was having his almost record breaking year. No your personnel, that "full back" blew up Patrick Willis all day when he played them, Lavonte David, A.J. Hawk ... thats Jerome freaking Fulton man. That's not just "the full back", lol...

You see that I see Jackson and Soliali standing in the end zone because they couldn't hold up on goal line with the running back with the ball still in his hand for the score, not because they don't have the ability but because I think there legs were tired. You see that one play of that one Pro Bowl fullback, I see all four games so far where I see the OG getting to the second level way too early for my liking. We need a better rotation in the middle too me, your theory is for a 3-4 or really a traditional 3-4 where the entire ONLY job is too hold there man up from getting to the second level, what our team needs is guys who get off there blocks faster, which honestly we can achieve both with 1 maybe 2 more guys in the middle to rotate in and out, these guys are 300+, required to run sideline to sideline hold up another 300+ guy who most of the time weighs more than them, on occasion as in every other down occasion hold up 2 300+ pound men on double teams. Every team has a rotation in the middle, why do you really think we don't need one, this ain't Madden and they are not robots. It depends on the play as far as your definition of winning one on one. And you said we run a 4-3 right, so in a 4-3 you get up the field just like if you were a LB if you are a DT in most occasions. You don't just hold your guy up ESPECIALLY in a 4-3. Put it this way, on passing downs you don't suppose to hold up your man so the linebacker can flow to the ball, lol.. on a sweep the edge guy is THE ONLY guy who really is suppose to HOLD UP his guy, EVERYONE ELSE is suppose to beat there guy. IT DEPENDS ON THE SITUATION. Most of the time, period and point blank, across the board everybody is suppose to win at there assignment, beat the guy across from him. Don't know what football your referring to if you think AT ANY TIME you DO NOT suppose to beat the guy across from you, win your match up.

On Worrilow and Bartu, are they probowlers no of course not so yes it could be an improvement there, but if properly protected I think Worrilow specifically would be okay. I would agree with him being awful at covering backs out of the backfield. Our safeties don't cover the slots we are in nickel probably 90 percent of the time, that isn't a requirement in Nolan's system. And Lowery is a pretty decent "cover" safety, a whole lot better than you appear to give him credit for, he just needs to stay healthy. Moore can cover also. Safeties in our system have done nothing as far as I can see but be actual safeties, cover the deep part of the field this year. We brought in 2 nickel corners along with the one we already had and have been using them. As far as I can tell we have been covering the TE this year compared to last, TE's aren't getting yac, seems like your mind is stuck on last year. Honestly, the only big play I can remember by a TE was a missed assignment in the Minnesota game.

1 or 2 interior guys in the D-line, probably just 1, a ton of guys able to rush the passer, we don't have any, now that doesn't mean that will be there only assignment, and a RT.

Don't need another running back, we are using 4 right now, successfully. We don't need to panic about getting some kind of backup TE, aside from a RT we practically don't need to touch the offense. We don't need to touch the secondary on defense, get the front 7 straight and we will be good to go.

Had to add, its funny how we have problems rushing the passer and inconsistent in stopping the run. We stop the run sometimes when we need to, a bright spot, but consistently can't rush the passer. The entire football nation knows this, we have no playmakers, seriously lacking in talent on defense everywhere and you build from the inside out. And your on here complaining about our safety play and a middle linebacker who leagues the league in tackles.

We are not fitting the run effectively period, we are not rushing the passer at all, seriously man, replacing Worrilow and getting your dream safety isn't going to do to much to change that man.

http://www.nfl.com/v...etwork-playbook

Brian Billick and Sterling Sharpe broke it down perfectly. You need to watch this. This is what I'm talking about. If its one guy and your sticking and staying your losing, interior lineman generally are suppose to get off blocks, if you are sticking and staying you better be taking up two guys. Sharpe even points out where the problem is in our running game where it begins, Solial and Jackson do not get off blocks, I think it has more to do with the amount of snaps than any lack of ability. Thats just my opinion. We don't have the talent on defense period, (Billick), and seriously dude it's not the freaking secondary. Come on man, get real! We are inconsistent in stopping the run, CAN'T rush the passer, what the **** does that have to do with a safety and how that has NOTHING to do with the interior lineman I don't understand!

Seriously MoundBred, if Solial and Jackson two NT type DTs who out weigh Worrilow by 100lbs at least can't shed blockers and make a play, why do you expect Worrilow to miraculously shed a OG running at him and tackle the running back.

The problem in stopping the run is leaks in the run fit. YOU DON'T LEAK FROM THE LINE BACKER LEVEL, SECOND LEVEL, you leak at the line of scrimmage in your run fit. It has something to do with the linebacker play, more to do with the line of scrimmage and the players who play on it.

The problem in out passing game is no pressure or heat on the QB. I don't care if we had 5 Deon Sanders out there, it ridiculous to ask our secondary to cover as long as we ask them to sometimes. Us allowing a rookie QB to throw for over 300 yards again has more to do with the play of the guys who are close to the line of scrimmage than some kind of miracle safety that you want. Yeah, the safety play has something to do with it, but the "safety problem" isn't the big problem here.

Edited by datchrisb1