Td's Fa Signings This Yr

jdawg4876

I was really thinking that TD hit a homerun when it came to FAs this yr as a whole, this thread is about who he brought in and the impact I think they made so far. this is not a thread about his draft picks, nor is it about the fact he didnt bring in a pass rusher, although he should have lol. I just want to talk about the talent he brought in and how they have played so far. Of course I cant include everbody.

Jon Asamoah- A+ what a great sigining folks forget quickly how bad our rg spot has been the last 3 to 4 yrs. dude has played outstanding there so far this yr.

Devin Hester- A+ wow we got this guy for 3 million a yr, and already he has gotten us great field position every time he touches the ball, plus has shown he is a good 3rd 4th option at wr. dude was a grand slam signing

Dwight Lowery- A now im not saying lowery is an A talent but FS was a spot that needed a serious upgrade over decoud and dude has done a great job there and is a solid tackler

Eric Weems- B at first glance this doesnt seem to be an important signing but look close at our special teams and you will see why dude is such a solid pick up for just peanuts.

Paul Soliai- B+ dude is a great pick up and has already shown up plenty another great signing

Joe Hawley- A folks forget we had to resign him this yr an the ravens were sniffing around to get him. dude is a solid center has a mean streak and is the leader of the o line

Tyson Jackson- B- this could go up or down he has not played bad and the sample size is small, but its really the mega contract that he got that brings the grade down to me some.

Babs- A was another FA this yr that TD brought back aand for some reason folks underestimate him on here , he is one of the best pass rushers we got rather he is a DE or not

TJ Yates- C- TD has made some good FA moves and while I think yates is a def upgrade over davis, this was really a wasted move and even though I didnt like dent we could have used depth at Lb.

Lb FA group- D This was prob the worst moves TD made all yr. I supported giving pat a shot bc when healthy he was a good LB but the rest of them boys were way past their prime and not very good to begin with.

But like I said overall TD has been a punching bag around here and he has made some horrible picks and signings but just looking at the FA class this yr I have to give him a grade of A

Edited by jdawg4876

Rank them...

Asamoah - Our biggest weakness on the OL last season has become a strength. Improves our run blocking and pass protection.

Hester - Explosive. Nuff said.

Soliai - Our run defense has VASTLY improved this season. He's the anchor we needed. Won't get much love due to stats, but he's eating up 2 blocks AND pushing them back every down.

Hawley - I don't want to imagine what we'd look like with Konz starting.

Peters - You left him off. He's on a 1 year deal. He played hungry the last game. Glad he's back.

Babs - As you said, underrated.

Lowery - Pleasant surprise at FS. He's not great, has some mistakes, but he is a good tackler and good value for the contract.

Weems - Great ST player. Might seem low but the guys above upgraded starters on O and D.

Carimi - Solidified our depth and helps in rotation. Another great value signing.

Jackson - He's good holding the point against the run and has contributed to our run defense, but I'm a bit down on his overall productivity and I'd like to see him penetrate the backfield more. I didn't expect a passrusher, but for the money we paid, I'd like to see him make some tackles behind the LOS.

Yates - Eh. He's a hot or cold type backup QB. Very inconsistent. Not a fan. Would rather a development guy and not carry 3 QB's.

LB - Stupar was a good ST signing but we didn't sign anybody to compete with our young group. That being said, I do like the young guys we have with Wor, Bartu, and Shembo.

Rank them...

Asamoah - Our biggest weakness on the OL last season has become a strength. Improves our run blocking and pass protection.

Hester - Explosive. Nuff said.

Soliai - Our run defense has VASTLY improved this season. He's the anchor we needed. Won't get much love due to stats, but he's eating up 2 blocks AND pushing them back every down.

Hawley - I don't want to imagine what we'd look like with Konz starting.

Peters - You left him off. He's on a 1 year deal. He played hungry the last game. Glad he's back.

Babs - As you said, underrated.

Lowery - Pleasant surprise at FS. He's not great, has some mistakes, but he is a good tackler and good value for the contract.

Weems - Great ST player. Might seem low but the guys above upgraded starters on O and D.

Carimi - Solidified our depth and helps in rotation. Another great value signing.

Jackson - He's good holding the point against the run and has contributed to our run defense, but I'm a bit down on his overall productivity and I'd like to see him penetrate the backfield more. I didn't expect a passrusher, but for the money we paid, I'd like to see him make some tackles behind the LOS.

Yates - Eh. He's a hot or cold type backup QB. Very inconsistent. Not a fan. Would rather a development guy and not carry 3 QB's.

LB - Stupar was a good ST signing but we didn't sign anybody to compete with our young group. That being said, I do like the young guys we have with Wor, Bartu, and Shembo.

I like paul, and I really like the shembo pick he has huge upside, bartu is avg at best. the problem is there is no talent behind them at all, I have no faith in stupar, or tyler starr as far as playing lb everydown, and every guy TD brought in this yr was past his prime or had major injury concerns.

I would give Weems an A as well. His immediate impact on STs was downright incredible. Our crappy STs coverage turned into one of the best in the league almost over night after the Weems signing. He deserves a lot of credit for what he did.

Interesting fact, back when Weems was originally a Falcon Armstrong was always in talks about best STs coach in the league. He leaves and out STs sort of slipped away for a little bit, up until Smith and Davis started balling. Well Davis gets injured and all the sudden our STs sucks, we bring Weems back and guess what happens? Armstrong is once again in talks about one of the best STs coaches once again.

Coincidence? I think not.

TJax and Carimi have played like doodoo. WTF are yall watching. And the guy that said our run defense is vastly improved is smokin sherm.

We are 14th in yards per rush this season at 4.1. We were 31st last season at 4.8. Moving up from 31st to 14th is "vastly improved". But don't let facts get in the way of your agenda.

I was really thinking that TD hit a homerun when it came to FAs this yr as a whole, this thread is about who he brought in and the impact I think they made so far. this is not a thread about his draft picks, nor is it about the fact he didnt bring in a pass rusher, although he should have lol. I just want to talk about the talent he brought in and how they have played so far. Of course I cant include everbody.

Jon Asamoah- A+ what a great sigining folks forget quickly how bad our rg spot has been the last 3 to 4 yrs. dude has played outstanding there so far this yr.

Devin Hester- A+ wow we got this guy for 3 million a yr, and already he has gotten us great field position every time he touches the ball, plus has shown he is a good 3rd 4th option at wr. dude was a grand slam signing

Dwight Lowery- A now im not saying lowery is an A talent but FS was a spot that needed a serious upgrade over decoud and dude has done a great job there and is a solid tackler

Eric Weems- B at first glance this doesnt seem to be an important signing but look close at our special teams and you will see why dude is such a solid pick up for just peanuts.

Paul Soliai- B+ dude is a great pick up and has already shown up plenty another great signing

Joe Hawley- A folks forget we had to resign him this yr an the ravens were sniffing around to get him. dude is a solid center has a mean streak and is the leader of the o line

Tyson Jackson- B- this could go up or down he has not played bad and the sample size is small, but its really the mega contract that he got that brings the grade down to me some.

Babs- A was another FA this yr that TD brought back aand for some reason folks underestimate him on here , he is one of the best pass rushers we got rather he is a DE or not

TJ Yates- C- TD has made some good FA moves and while I think yates is a def upgrade over davis, this was really a wasted move and even though I didnt like dent we could have used depth at Lb.

Lb FA group- D This was prob the worst moves TD made all yr. I supported giving pat a shot bc when healthy he was a good LB but the rest of them boys were way past their prime and not very good to begin with.

But like I said overall TD has been a punching bag around here and he has made some horrible picks and signings but just looking at the FA class this yr I have to give him a grade of A

If this is being Dimitroffed, the haters need to gtfo

hatersgonnahate-keanu.gif