Second Coming Of Geno Smith

acesrus

While I am very optimistic about the game on Sunday, we had BETTER NOT make Teddy B look like Geno Smith of last year...that was brutal seeing that guy look like Joe Montana. I think that game last year on Monday night was when I realized we were in serious trouble. So, the Defense better win the trenches and the LB and DB get ready for errant passes and make plays. TB will NOT be the second coming of GS!

As I pointed out in another thread...that was a different defense.

Astante Samuel, Stephen Nicholas, Omar Gaither, Thomas Decoud and Peria Jerry were all starters that game and none of them are on the other team any more.

The other guys that played that night were rookies who were just a few games into their NFL careers or guys whow actually made plays...or both. Those guys had lots of tackles and 4 sacks,

The irritating thing about the Jets game is that we made mistakes in the first half to put them ahead before actually playing strong to come back in the second half. It was one of the few times when defensive adjustments seemed to help us out. But, instead of doing what worked, we got soft on the final drive and allowed them to move down field. That was less on Geno than it was on us, in my opinion.

As I pointed out in another thread...that was a different defense.

Astante Samuel, Stephen Nicholas, Omar Gaither, Thomas Decoud and Peria Jerry were all starters that game and none of them are on the other team any more.

The other guys that played that night were rookies who were just a few games into their NFL careers or guys whow actually made plays...or both. Those guys had lots of tackles and 4 sacks,

Ryan Fitzpatrick, preseason. Need I say anymore?

Only thing that concerns me is the scramble off of pressure. We had better be able to contain him when we get pressure or it's going to be a frustrating evening...

From the clips I've seen, Bridgewater already seems quite comfortable using his feet and seeking out receivers after the pocket has broken down. He has a good arm if he finds somebody open as well. This game should be a walk-over, but I feel pretty sure their young QB will give their fans some very entertaining moments Sunday.

Well if you want to be scared or worried about Teddy Bridgewater then be worried about Teddy Bridgewater. He is way way way better than Geno Smith ever dreams of being. Just saying. happy.png

Big fan of TB(Louisville) but no AP, and our receiver core looks relatively healthy...Falcons 23-13. He's not ready this year and this moment.

Nolan better >>>>>> Norv...all eyes on our "D" this game.

Big fan of TB(Louisville) but no AP, and our receiver core looks relatively healthy...Falcons 23-13. He's not ready this year and this moment.

Nolan better >>>>>> Norv...all eyes on our "D" this game.

Oh I agree, I was just being a little sarcastic about Bridgewater is gonna go all Geno Smith on us. TB is waaaay better than Geno.

I think we'll be prepared and they're hurting badly. I have been saying 30-17 Falcons

Oh I agree, I was just being a little sarcastic about Bridgewater is gonna go all Geno Smith on us. TB is waaaay better than Geno.

I think we'll be prepared and they're hurting badly. I have been saying 30-17 Falcons

No need to explain...I wasn't bickering with you. I was just stating my bias and explaining why TATF is over-reacting to TB.

If AP was active, I would be concerned.

In other news, Ryan needs to show he can be a beast away...like he has at home IMHO.

No need to explain...I wasn't bickering with you. I was just stating my bias and explaining why TATF is over-reacting to TB.

If AP was active, I would be concerned.

In other news, Ryan needs to show he can be a beast away...like he has at home IMHO.

I personally blame Cinci equally on the coaches prep, Matts mistakes, and the Oline getting him pounded.

It's like they made up this whole new game plan because Jake didn't play. Koetter did what he does and abandoned the run game way to soon. He didn't use all the backs well, kept forcing SJax, and just had the team letting the Bengals dictate them. Just like in previous years. It was stupid. Should have ran the ball a lot more,called quick slants and screens, and been more aggressive.

Matt got whooped by a great D and started seeing Ghosts. They just pinned their ears back because they knew we'd given up running with any real purpose.

Hopefully with Jake back now they don't hold back again. They have to trust the backups and most importantly trust Ryan regardless ifJake playing or not.

We absolutely HAVE to stop this playing scared crap. It's completely asinine.