Any Falcons Fans Attending The Game In London On 26 October?

Dudley_Dinero

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was planning to, but the PSL fiasco killed any enthusiasm I had for spending money on the team.

Probably not a bad thing. As much as I enjoy the Falcons, I love travelling even more and have spent far more on travel than the Falcons. I've been to London several times, it's a great place to visit on its own, but I wouldn't ever suggest to anyone who's interested in planning a visit to London to plan it around the Falcons.

Probably not a bad thing. As much as I enjoy the Falcons, I love travelling even more and have spent far more on travel than the Falcons. I've been to London several times, it's a great place to visit on its own, but I wouldn't ever suggest to anyone who's interested in planning a visit to London to plan it around the Falcons.

So...wait. If you can knock out two birds with one stone, why wouldn't you?

So...wait. If you can knock out two birds with one stone, why wouldn't you?

For starters London is VERY EXPENSIVE, and there's lots to see and do. I'm not exaggerating to say that on its own a trip to London where you stay long enough and actually experience it and visit some of its many attractions can easily exceed the cost of even some of the most expensive season tickets the Falcons offer. If getting off the plane at Heathrow and taking a train to Wembley to see the Falcons, with maybe a quick photo in front of Parliament is what visiting London means to someone then of course you can do that, but that is really short changing yourself on visiting London. In the same way that buying expensive season tickets and not showing up for a few games, or arriving just before the 2nd qtr and leaving late in the 3rd quarter is short changing yourself on the Falcons. Not something I would recommend.

For starters London is VERY EXPENSIVE, and there's lots to see and do. I'm not exaggerating to say that on its own a trip to London where you stay long enough and actually experience it and visit some of its many attractions can easily exceed the cost of even some of the most expensive season tickets the Falcons offer. If getting off the plane at Heathrow and taking a train to Wembley to see the Falcons, with maybe a quick photo in front of Parliament is what visiting London means to someone then of course you can do that, but that is really short changing yourself on visiting London. In the same way that buying expensive season tickets and not showing up for a few games, or arriving just before the 2nd qtr and leaving late in the 3rd quarter is short changing yourself on the Falcons. Not something I would recommend.

I agree. I've never been to London or the UK for that matter, but from recent research I've done, it looks like a very interesting place to go, with lots to see and do. And yes, the prices are up there. You think we pay a lot for gas, then go to England and see what they pay. I'm hoping my friends connections can make for some good deals, but tit is not looking good for me to go unless I can do some major rescheduling on my end.

I also agree about the season tickets. I am no longer a STH, but that is only because I would not be able to attend every game. Even still, I never miss KO when I do attend, and I am only guilty of leaving early when a game is completely out of reach for the Falcons to win, which isn't often.

I agree. I've never been to London or the UK for that matter, but from recent research I've done, it looks like a very interesting place to go, with lots to see and do. And yes, the prices are up there. You think we pay a lot for gas, then go to England and see what they pay. I'm hoping my friends connections can make for some good deals, but tit is not looking good for me to go unless I can do some major rescheduling on my end.

We go by litres which distorts it even further.

Hope you can make it. The more the merrier as they say.

Yes, it is, because all the cash-grabbing is sickening. In the interest of full disclosure:

- I went to the game in Toronto last year, and

- I've already been to London.

Sports leagues are for profit entities. Quite frankly, the Falcons are one of the least expensive tickets you can get. The fans have been spoiled for years. They had to play catch-up sometime.

Sports leagues are for profit entities. Quite frankly, the Falcons are one of the least expensive tickets you can get. The fans have been spoiled for years. They had to play catch-up sometime.

Raising ticket prices is one thing, but hundreds to thousands more dollars with no right of first refusal to any other events is just price gouging. Being 3 years away is irrelevant for those of us who finally upgraded to good seats and were hoping to keep them for a long, long time. They're turning alot of Falcons fans into casual watch-at-home fans with this move, and I say that as a former STH and native of Atlanta who wouldn't miss an international game, or even get to a home or away game late, until I read that open records request. They only care about the corporate fan, and that will be even clearer when the stadium opens. But having 45-yard line seats for $1700 instead of $4000 or $11700 was fun while it lasted.

I also agree about the season tickets. I am no longer a STH, but that is only because I would not be able to attend every game. Even still, I never miss KO when I do attend, and I am only guilty of leaving early when a game is completely out of reach for the Falcons to win, which isn't often.

Great point and warning to anyone thinking of going and driving. You don't really need a car within London, plus they've instituted a congestion charge in central London where you have to pay just to cross into that area. Not sure if rentals are prohibited or how that works, but it didn't exist on my first visit some 15 years ago when I rented a vehicle. "Petrol" prices WOW!!!, at a time when US prices were near $2/gal the prices over there were around $5/gal after volume and exchange conversions.

I will be there. I'm really looking forward to a long weekend in one of London's best hotels and with tickets on the lower sideline near the 50 yard line.

It's going to a blast, with the huge tailgating event at Trafalgar Square on the Saturday afternoon and the game on the Sunday.

The vast majority of the crowd will be fans of other teams as they always are for these games, but I'm really hoping to see lots of falcons fans.

People can do both. They can flying over for 1-2 weeks, have plenty of time to see the city ang get to see a great game of football in the process.

I will be there. I'm really looking forward to a long weekend in one of London's best hotels and with tickets on the lower sideline near the 50 yard line.

It's going to a blast, with the huge tailgating event at Trafalgar Square on the Saturday afternoon and the game on the Sunday.

The vast majority of the crowd will be fans of other teams as they always are for these games, but I'm really hoping to see lots of falcons fans.

Hopefully you can take some photos and share a few here.

People can do both. They can flying over for 1-2 weeks, have plenty of time to see the city ang get to see a great game of football in the process.

2 weeks in London, plus a football game. OUCH that's going to really put a major dent in the wallet. Flights+ 2 weeks lodging+Local transit+ Attractions+ Food+Game. That's equivalent to multiple season tickets, even at the premium seat level.