Will The Falcons Make Bridgewater Look Like A. Rodgers?

yae! dan Quinn

Nah. More like Peyton Manning. Seriously though, this team against rookies or young QBs in general. Dennis Dixon was the main one that this board thought would crumble under pressure. He didn't throw any TDs but he played a **** of a game

No he didn't. He hit one big pass play, relied on his D and his run game. He was 18/26, 236 yards, no TDs, 1 pick, his team scored 9 points in regulation.

Yates was 12/25 188 yards and a TD. Cousins hit a big play on a busted coverage, other than that, he was 4/8, 34 yards 2 picks.

This idea that the Falcons routinely get shredded by rookie/young QBs is just not true. Since Nolan got here, even including last year, Falcons are something like 11-2 against young QBs, with many of the wins coming by 14 or more points.

Yeah, Smith led the game winning drive against the Falcons, he's one of the 2, he was playing against 2 rookie corners and a D already decimated by injury.

Falcons could certainly lose on Sunday, although I don't expect that to happen. But it will be because the Viking D shut down the Falcon's O and the Falcons make a ton of mistakes, not because Bridgewater was all world.

No he didn't. He hit one big pass play, relied on his D and his run game. He was 18/26, 236 yards, no TDs, 1 pick, his team scored 9 points in regulation.

Yates was 12/25 188 yards and a TD. Cousins hit a big play on a busted coverage, other than that, he was 4/8, 34 yards 2 picks.

This idea that the Falcons routinely get shredded by rookie/young QBs is just not true. Since Nolan got here, even including last year, Falcons are something like 11-2 against young QBs, with many of the wins coming by 14 or more points.

Yeah, Smith led the game winning drive against the Falcons, he's one of the 2, he was playing against 2 rookie corners and a D already decimated by injury.

Falcons could certainly lose on Sunday, although I don't expect that to happen. But it will be because the Viking D shut down the Falcon's O and the Falcons make a ton of mistakes, not because Bridgewater was all world.

how many points did our team score in regulation of that game? 18/26 for 236 is a good day for a QB who doesn't get any playing time imo.

You're supporting your argument with facts, falconidae. That's against the CoC. Please stick to superstition and historical misrepresentation or I'll have to report you. happy.png

how many points did our team score in regulation of that game? 18/26 for 236 is a good day for a QB who doesn't get any playing time.

Well, since it was tied at the end of regulation, 9. Which is my point- Dixon relied on run game and D to win the game.

He was 17/25 for 184 aside from one 52 yard pass, which yes, is good for him, but there's this idea that the Falcons are helpless when playing back ups and rookies, it's just not so. Nolan's D has just destroyed several QBs like that.

Here's some other rookie/youngQBs that Nolan's D has beaten, with margin of victory:

Newton +14, Painter+24 Ponder+10, Gabbert+21, Cassell+16

Also beat, by less than 10 points, TJackson, Locker, Newton again,Lindley, Manuel, Cousins.

Yes, Dixon had a good game, it was hardly a great game, and certainly isn't part of a pattern of the Falcons losing to back ups/rookies.

Well, since it was tied at the end of regulation, 9. Which is my point- Dixon relied on run game and D to win the game.

He was 17/25 for 184 aside from one 52 yard pass, which yes, is good for him, but there's this idea that the Falcons are helpless when playing back ups and rookies, it's just not so. Nolan's D has just destroyed several QBs like that.

Here's some other rookie/youngQBs that Nolan's D has beaten, with margin of victory:

Also beat, by less than 10 points, TJackson, Locker, Newton again,Lindley, Manuel, Cousins.

Yes, Dixon had a good game, it was hardly a great game, and certainly isn't part of a pattern of the Falcons losing to back ups/rookies.

Well, if there is one things Falcons fans are great at, it is "revisionist history".

If the defense didn't allow inexperienced quarterbacks to have their way with them, people wouldn't say these things.

But I only said this board thought Dixon would crumble. The fact that I said he had a **** of a game didn't have to necessarily mean he charged them to victory. You just took it that way

I'm not getting my hopes up of a "Falcons blow out the Vikings" like a lot of people did with the Bengals. I think that this is going to be a tough game, then again my mindset is that every game is going to be tough because it's the NFL.

As for Teddy, last year our defense made rookie Geno Smith look like Dan Marino so there's always a chance that we could make Teddy look like Johnny Unitas. Not being negative, just being real here.

I hope we crush the Vikings and I especially want Hageman to have a monstrous game in his homecoming.

If the defense didn't allow inexperienced quarterbacks to have their way with them, people wouldn't say these things.

But I only said this board thought Dixon would crumble. The fact that I said he had a **** of a game didn't have to necessarily mean he charged them to victory. You just took it that way

But that's the point, they don't allow inexperienced QBs to have their way with them. They frequently beat them like a drum. Lets add the QBs from 2008 to 2010, still Smiths team, before Nolan got here:

Thigpen+24, Russell24-0, Bulger

Pennington+12,Hill+30,Campbell+13,Sanchez,Brohm+28

Anderson +34,Smith, Wallace+10, Bradford +17, Clausen+20,Whitehurst +16,Clausen +21

2011 on:

That's 26 victories and 3 defeats, 9 victories by 20+ points, 8 more by 10+

Sorry, but the idea that bad/young QBs just eat up the Falcons is simply not true. People only remember the exceptions, not the rule.

But that's the point, they don't allow inexperienced QBs to have their way with them. They frequently beat them like a drum. Lets add the QBs from 2008 to 2010, still Smiths team, before Nolan got here:

Thigpen+24, Russell24-0, Bulger

Pennington+12,Hill+30,Campbell+13,Sanchez,Brohm+28

Anderson +34,Smith, Wallace+10, Bradford +17, Clausen+20,Whitehurst +16,Clausen +21

2011 on:

That's 26 victories and 3 defeats, 9 victories by 20+ points, 8 more by 10+

Sorry, but the idea that bad/young QBs just eat up the Falcons is simply not true. People only remember the exceptions, not the rule.

Again, I'm not talking about wins and losses. I'm talking about the stats that are put up in those games. Nothing more nothing less. I took the thread title as asking if Bridgewater will look like an all pro Sunday, not if he will lead the Vikings to victory.

I would expect a tight game ,unless we can hit them with some big plays early.The last thing I want to see is Bridgewater looking like Geno Smith against us last year,hopefully we are better on defense....that was a low point...........28-17 Falcons feels right

key will be getting constant pressure on teddy. If we can do that and jump ahead early, we should be okay

Again, I'm not talking about wins and losses. I'm talking about the stats that are put up in those games. Nothing more nothing less. I took the thread title as asking if Bridgewater will look like an all pro Sunday, not if he will lead the Vikings to victory.

Look at the wins- by 24, by 24, by 30, by 28, by 34, by 20, by 21, by 24, by 21 by 16, by 14,by 16, by 17, by 13- it's impossible that the opposing QB put up good numbers in those games.

That's almost half the games they played against that type of QB being blowouts for the Falcons. That actually happens much more often than a loss.

What I'm saying is that the perception that the Falcons struggle against poor QBs is a result of focusing on the few times it's happened as opposed to the many times it hasn't. Part of that is last year is fresh in the minds of Falcon fans.