Freeman Needs To Improve?

TrufantIsland

His yards per carrie so far, has not been great. He saw a lot of action in the 4th quarter. I think he has potential, but I recon he needs a couple of years before he's ready to be 2nd string.

Birds are big on playing RB's that can block, once he gets more that down he will get more playing time. Besides he is rookie just 3 games in I'd imagine he is still adjusting to'

NFL game speed. That said how the Falcons are using all 4 backs has been a big positive early on.

I think the youngster is trending okay for his first season. Jackson's performance has been what the doctor ordered and that's good for Freeman. He needs to get better at situational awareness, though. Running out of bounds in the fourth quarter of the game made him look like a rookie and I'm sure he was coached about it.

He doesn't need to improve, he needs more meaningful carries. Touches like he got in the Saints game. Touches that happen when the other team isn't stacking the box to stop clock control running at the end of a blowout with the backup Oline.

Freeman is dynamic as it gets. Don't look at the end of the Bucs gsme and think that's what he is. That'd be naive.

He needs to be used as a receiver and get real touches on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd downs throughout the game. Pushing Sjax is what's wrong, Smith and Freeman need 5-6 carries a game + a few passing targets. If that's done I can guarantee that we'll be happy with the results and Freeman will earn more touches.

Last but not least, Rawr!! :angry:

He definitely needs to improve, but so do all the young guys...its part of the natural progression of rookies. Its no big deal really...He isn't an every down back at this point in his career...he split time in college and will do the same in the pros....I can't say that he needs more carries than antone smith at this point in time...he just needs to keep his head in the playbook and the rest will come