mdrake34

Post The Best Thing You've Seen On The Internet Today, Part 2, Electric Boogaloo

16,387 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, notthatcool said:

I have never seen this highlight before.  I've never even heard of the guys in the clip.  But the dude batting is my new hero...

Nothing wrong with standing your ground.

17 hours ago, notthatcool said:

I have never seen this highlight before.  I've never even heard of the guys in the clip.  But the dude batting is my new hero...

I wonder what the outcome of the play was? Out at first (never touched the bag)? Player(s) thrown out? Pitcher definitely had it coming.. don't know how the 1st/2nd basemen could find fault, but understand the "defend your teammate" mentality. 

1 hour ago, Porkins said:

I wonder what the outcome of the play was? Out at first (never touched the bag)? Player(s) thrown out? Pitcher definitely had it coming.. don't know how the 1st/2nd basemen could find fault, but understand the "defend your teammate" mentality. 

He's out for running out of the baseline. C'mon man, you personally knew Abner Doubleday (not the true inventor of baseball) so you ought to know the rules, Gramps.

Oops, the old guy reference was directed at Squirrely Bob, my bad, Porkins.

On 8/27/2019 at 2:42 PM, Statick said:

They're lucky they didn't get shot. It took them forever just to grab the gun.

My anxiety level shoots up watching that video. Why are there so many ***holes now?

18 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

He's out for running out of the baseline. C'mon man, you personally knew Abner Doubleday (not the true inventor of baseball) so you ought to know the rules, Gramps.

Oops, the old guy reference was directed at Squirrely Bob, my bad, Porkins.

No offense taken bedbug.

8 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

The first one in my area had 15 cent hamburgers and 4 more cents for cheese. A cheeseburger, fries, and milkshake was 45 cents, I believe. 

4 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The first one in my area had 15 cent hamburgers and 4 more cents for cheese. A cheeseburger, fries, and milkshake was 45 cents, I believe. 

When I was in elementary school, the local McDonald's would give kids a cheeseburger for earning an A or a hamburger if they earned a B for the grading period. That absolutely was incentive for me to be a good student. The prices on the menu in the tweet are reflective of what I recall in that period (in central Ohio). I wonder if a small gesture would encourage young people in 2019?

BTW: It was worth it to McD's because they earned money from what they sold to the rest of my family.

WhenFalconsWin and Big_Dog like this

45 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

When I was in elementary school, the local McDonald's would give kids a cheeseburger for earning an A or a hamburger if they earned a B for the grading period. That absolutely was incentive for me to be a good student. The prices on the menu in the tweet are reflective of what I recall in that period (in central Ohio). I wonder if a small gesture would encourage young people in 2019?

BTW: It was worth it to McD's because they earned money from what they sold to the rest of my family.

Incentives for earning something is always good. It's giving rewards for things unearned is what we need to get away from. I like you small idea.