mdrake34

Post The Best Thing You've Seen On The Internet Today, Part 2, Electric Boogaloo

16,019 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2018 at 6:06 PM, Lukas jackson said:

Off to a good start.

Steady as she goes.

Look familiar?

You know this probably happened about 15 minutes before quitting time on a friday before a 3 day weekend.

11 minutes ago, shc said:

You know this probably happened about 15 minutes before quitting time on a friday before a 3 day weekend.

Truth. And the dude that caused the calamity was probably pissed off that he couldn't go home because of the investigation. My former job was as the guy who had to sit there and drag out the lies about how the steering wheel stuck, the tire slid, something ran out from under a rack and spooked him, or (my favorite) the center of gravity on the load he was carrying was too high in the box and it tipped over through absolutely no fault of the driver.

And then, depending on union rules, paperwork had to be completed and a taxi called to take him to the urgent care where he could be drug tested. And all the while, I would have to be there when he eventually returned, getting my three-day weekend off to a four-hour late start. And, again depending on union rules, there'd be a big fight on Monday because he wouldn't get paid for the holiday if he didn't work the day before and the day after, so in spite of him destroying a million dollars worth of product, they'd plead to let him go with a slap on the wrist. At least while he was in the room. Before he showed up, the union rep would be trashing him and telling me all the other bad stuff he did on the floor and how "everybody knew something like this was going to happen with him".

Good times.

21 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

He survived if he stayed in his forklift cage. One of the reasons seatbelt usage is required is they stifle the urge to bail when a forklift falls over, which is then likely to crush the driver to death. But they are very sturdy and it would take a whole lot to crush someone who stayed in his seat. With that said, there's a chance that small heavy objects could fall between the gaps of the cage. My best guess is that he was injured but not killed.

21 hours ago, Lukas jackson said:

I watched it again. Looked like a lot of material came in from the side. But like you said probably injured.

I just noticed that he was on a reach truck and not a sit-down forklift. Reach trucks have open sides and although I doubt seriously that he was killed, I would bet good money that he was seriously injured. What a knob.

Lukas jackson likes this

1 hour ago, shc said:

It aways does. Murphy's law or something.

On 12/8/2018 at 11:19 PM, JayOzOne said:

Yeah that’s real cute....the kid pretending to run in slow motion. But poor number 4 knows that he’s going to be taking the next pitch right in the ear hole. 

JayOzOne likes this

56 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Yeah that’s real cute....the kid pretending to run in slow motion. But poor number 4 knows that those that he’s going to be taking the next pitch right in the ear hole. 

I feel bad for the kid on third waiting to come home who has to wait for the drama king to finish "running" the bases.

1 hour ago, HolyMoses said:

Anyone else notice Josef Martinez off to the right during the celebrations on stage? He wasn’t in the scrum with everyone else during the trophy hoisting and celebrations on stage. Looked like he was holding something. 

HolyMoses likes this

3 hours ago, shc said:

What's the story behind this?

I dunno but that kid cracks me up. I'll bet his mom was simultaneously cracking up and hiding her face in embarrassment.