mdrake34

Post The Best Thing You've Seen On The Internet Today, Part 2, Electric Boogaloo

16,006 posts in this topic

10675806_10152819687942641_7937643925784

On a serious note, teaching kids more than one way to solve problems is an awesome technique. In the end it doesn't matter unless there is some free form section to the EoG.

U ever seen common core math? It's stupid and makes no sense whatsoever.

Don't you think it's stupid because you dont understand it? Its a different way to solve a problem. Different kids respond differently to ways of thinking. We were taught one way for so many years that we think it's the only way.

I'll give you an example that happened to m when I was younger. My professor in middle school got mad at me because I refused to use his equation for converting C to F. He wanted me to use C*9/5 + 32... I used C*1.8+32

I assume they are teaching them more than one way to solve a problem. The world doesn't solve math problems the same way. Check out some YouTube vids on how non Europeans solve math.

Don't you think it's stupid because you dont understand it? Its a different way to solve a problem. Different kids respond differently to ways of thinking. We were taught one way for so many years that we think it's the only way.

I'll give you an example that happened to m when I was younger. My professor in middle school got mad at me because I refused to use his equation for converting C to F. He wanted me to use C*9/5 + 32... I used C*1.8+32

I assume they are teaching them more than one way to solve a problem. The world doesn't solve math problems the same way. Check out some YouTube vids on how non Europeans solve math.

I use a third method.........I google celsius to fahrenheit.

Jimsmusic™ and kicker like this