Is This Season And Last Season Proof That The Falcons Offense Revolves Around Jj?

Big Bubba

JJ is THE franchise player on that offense... the guy that is good for a few wins if he plays and a few losses if he doesn't play.

He is out most of last season - Falcons win 4 games, they struggle.. Ryan flaps around like a fish out of water, most of the season.

The Falcons get their franchise player back this season and they have already won 2 of their first 3 games.

So... Has this season (so far) and last season proven that JJ is the player the Falcons can't live without? Their one and only franchise player.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. This season and last season proves that an OLINE is something no team can live without.

/thread before it gets ugly in here...

Online isn't much of an excuse... considering Rodgers' won the SB with a horrible Oline...... Panthers were the division champions last season with a horrible Oline. Just two examples. As long as their franchise players were healthy, poor oline doesn't matter.

Like with JJ last season. the Falcons win more than 4 games with a healthy JJ most of last season. He is their franchise player.

This season, the Falcons have their franchise player back.....and they are winning again.

The Falcons would have likely steamrolled the Bucs with or without Julio. Besides, game ball belongs to Hester in this effort.

The standout performance of the opener belongs to Matt Ryan. 448 yards, 3 TDs, 72 CMP%, 5 receivers with 50+ yards, completed passes to 8 different receivers, averaged 10.4 yards and no interceptions. Julio fumbled the ball and almost cost us the game, then let the ball go again later in the game but was ruled down by contact.

Only thing Julio contributed in week 2 was a dropped pass in the end zone and a garbage time TD.

As rivals have so kindly pointed out, the Falcons were 1-5 before Julio got injured last year and that was while he was on pace for record breaking numbers. Detroit went 0-16 with the best WR in the league. So I disagree with Julio being the most important player on our offense. That's totally minimizing Roddy, Hester, and our significantly improved offensive line.

Of course Julio is a huge part of our offense and I agree with you to a point, but your slant on the subject doesn't really hold up to scrutiny. "Their one and only franchise player". Lol. You Panther fans have been butt hurt lately.

You really know nothing about football, do you. You probably think DeCoud is a good player.

Its absolutely Ryan and the offensive line. Julio's awesome, no question, but if Ryan doesn't have time to get Julio the ball, it don't matter, does it?

Julio was leading the NFL when he got injured last year. And guess how many games we had won in our first 5 games?

that's right, 1 game. Julio is a difference maker, but our offense goes and stops with Matt Ryan, who goes and stops with the offensive line.

Asamoah and Jake Matthews are the number one reason we are 2-1 so far.

Online isn't much of an excuse... considering Rodgers' won the SB with a horrible Oline...... Panthers were the division champions last season with a horrible Oline. Just two examples. As long as their franchise players were healthy, poor oline doesn't matter.

Like with JJ last season. the Falcons win more than 4 games with a healthy JJ most of last season. He is their franchise player.

This season, the Falcons have their franchise player back.....and they are winning again.

Falcons were 1-3 when the 'franchise' player started last season.

Nice attempt at bringing Ryan down though.

Ryan>>>Cam

No homer and 100% serious, but it's more Matt Ryan and solid protection over Julio by a mile. Go look at Matts stats about how many receivers he's targeted and how many different ones have TDs. Julio is a monster don't get me wrong, but it's all about keeping Matt upright and giving him time. He'll target anyone, just like #9 does. So yeah, it's Matt and the Oline waaaay over JJ.

You know how people argue:

"A great QB can make bad WRs look good. A great WR can make a bad QB look good"

Well lucky for Atlanta, both are great. Ryan can succeed without Julio. Julio can succeed without Ryan. The OL and defense were the dagger to Atlanta last year. This year, its still an issue, but both Ryan and JJ have stepped up their game.

Cam still had less receiving options than Ryan. That's how pathetic it was last year.

MR: 26 TDs, 17 INTs, 4 FumL, 6.9Y/A, 4570 total yards, 67.4 completion%

CN: 30 TDs, 13 INTs, 1 FumL, 7.1Y/A, 3964 total yards, 61.7 completion%

For 2013:

MR > CN as a passer

CN > MR as a manager

You know what? I love corn dogs. Even the frozen microwavable kind. Catsup, mustard, mmmmm. Cant get enough.

I remember discovering the joy of a corndog. I was like WOW, this is AWESOME!! Why aren't there more of these. But then I found out that I was just out of the loop. ERRRRRRRRRRYBODY had heard of corndogs. I like to dip mine in ketchup. Delish.

The Packers 2010 SB o-line was not as bad as the o-line he has this season so far.

Rodgers' legs aren't really saving him from getting hit this season because his line is so bad.

It's making him and the Packers look like crap.

Cam still had less receiving options than Ryan. That's how pathetic it was last year.

MR: 26 TDs, 17 INTs, 4 FumL, 6.9Y/A, 4570 total yards, 67.4 completion%

CN: 30 TDs, 13 INTs, 1 FumL, 7.1Y/A, 3964 total yards, 61.7 completion%

For 2013:

MR > CN as a passer

CN > MR as a manager

Oh yeah. Last season Ryan was throwing a pick 6 every other game it felt like, and just turning the ball over in general, when the pressure was on them. I think a couple times the Falcons were beating the Panthers, Falcons had a decent lead and there came a Matty Ryan pick 6, to put the Panthers back in the game. The turnovers from Ryan were as predictable as the turnovers from Eli last season.

Once the golden age of Turner was over, and he just wasn't as explosive a runner ... the Falcons front office declared that Turner was no longer the franchise player for the Falcons... they worried for a while, they desperately tried to decide who their next franchise player would be - That is when they spent the farm on their new franchise player.. Mr. Julio Jones.

From Turner to JJ.. is not that bad of a move.

No homer and 100% serious, but it's more Matt Ryan and solid protection over Julio by a mile. Go look at Matts stats about how many receivers he's targeted and how many different ones have TDs. Julio is a monster don't get me wrong, but it's all about keeping Matt upright and giving him time. He'll target anyone, just like #9 does. So yeah, it's Matt and the Oline waaaay over JJ.

You know how people argue:

"A great QB can make bad WRs look good. A great WR can make a bad QB look good"

Well lucky for Atlanta, both are great. Ryan can succeed without Julio. Julio can succeed without Ryan. The OL and defense were the dagger to Atlanta last year. This year, its still an issue, but both Ryan and JJ have stepped up their game.

These need more attention. Real talk here. ^_^

Oh yeah. Last season Ryan was throwing a pick 6 every other game it felt like, and just turning the ball over in general, when the pressure was on them. I think a couple times the Falcons were beating the Panthers, Falcons had a decent lead and there came a Matty Ryan pick 6, to put the Panthers back in the game. The turnovers from Ryan were as predictable as the turnovers from Eli last season.

Once the golden age of Turner was over, and he just wasn't as explosive a runner ... the Falcons front office declared that Turner was no longer the franchise player for the Falcons... they worried for a while, they desperately tried to decide who their next franchise player would be - That is when they spent the farm on their new franchise player.. Mr. Julio Jones.

From Turner to JJ.. is not that bad of a move.

Did you see how Cam was getting destroyed by the Steelers defense last Sunday?

That happened to Ryan a lot last season. Drafting Jake Matthews, signing Jon Asamoah in FA, and even signing Gabe Carimi(who has been playing surprisingly well) in FA has drastically improved the Falcons o-line.

All the Falcons have to do now is cut Lamar Holmes, because he sucks. The Panther can have him if they want.

Did you see how Cam was getting destroyed by the Steelers defense last Sunday?

That happened to Ryan a lot last season. Drafting Jake Matthews, signing Jon Asamoah in FA, and even signing Gabe Carimi(who has been playing surprisingly well) in FA has drastically improved the Falcons o-line.

All the Falcons have to do now is cut Lamar Holmes, because he sucks. The Panther can have him if they want.

:) As I stated earlier in this thread.. franchise players are only great at countering things like bad Olines (Rodgers SB year, Cam last year), when they are somewhat healthy.

Healthy Cam destroys that three man pass rush and feasts. Very gimped Cam...becomes a less turnover prone version of Ryan

But........... let us not distract from the original topic. This isn't about Cam vs Ryan. This is not about Olines..

This is about Julio Jones being the franchise player for the Falcons. The heir to the throne of Michael Turner. As a WR, he can't take matters into his own hands and just take the ball and smash his way to salvation like Turner did. He needs a qb of at least average quality to get the ball to him. Last season, he did not have that. This season, it appears that Ryan has improved a little on not turning the ball over that much.