God I Hoped We Learned From The Cincinnati Game

Xfactor

But I know Smith will never change.

I was talking to a friend last night about the game and he asked why didn't you run more ? My reply was Smith and adjustments. I could see watching the game we ran the ball fairly well against a very good defense and with our 4 RB's imo we could have established the run with fresh backs and worn down the D.

So I looked up the stats last night and shock turned into anger. With both starting tackles out especially Mathews here's our stat line.

ATL

Passing Att - 44

Yards per pass - 4.6 blink.png

Interceptions Thrown - 3

Rushing Att - 19

Yards per rush - 5.1 ohmy.png

Fumbles Lost - 0

Flip it and you have Cinn stat line 24 passes 45 runs

It's just mind boggling. We have a tough stretch coming up and I hope we run the ball more.

I've never understood take the Cincy game for example I'm screaming at the tv run the ball.

My question is If we can see it why can't the coaches /smh

Edited by Xfactor

I think anybody can when you got Ryan, Roddy, HD, and Hester to throw to

But with Mathews out against this defense if you had any success running the ball to not only protect Ryan but wearing the D down this was the game. After having success they still didn't change up and commit to the run even after averaging 5.1 yards a carry. We could be sitting at 3-0 if wasn't for Smith and Koetter being so **** stupid. Our D played good enough but I hang this one on Smith again.

Edited by Xfactor

cincy had play makers out just like the Vikes do,and yet we played to the strengths of the cincy defense.Why didn't we try Hester on the reverse?why wasn't Pascoe right next to Holmes to shore up the protection?Why didn't we sent SOMEONE long like JJ,Hester,Weems,Roby or Douglas just to wear out there secondary?The game is played and lost but I firmly believe the blame is on the play calling and conservative approach!

A lot of those stats are misleading, and I disagree with your conclusions.

- 28 of the rushing yards were on 3 attempts by Ryan, not the RBs

- 15 of Ryan's pass attempts came in 2 minute drills at the end of the half and end of game

- They didn't abandon the run in the second half until the last drive. It wasn't that effective in the 2nd half and running more wouldn't have won the game IMO. Prior to the last drive, it was 11 rush, 17 pass in the 2nd half.

- We had 36 rush attempts last week vs. the Bucs. You tend to rush more when you play with the lead the entire game.

Regardless of what the stats say, from watching the game, I put that loss on the O-line and the defense.

Sorry but this post pisses me off. Smitty ball? Won't make adjustments? Won't change? Being so **** stupid?

Smitty has changed, every year. Maybe not to the degree you wish or see fit, but no denying he has changed. I have no issue criticizing the game plan for Bengals game. But saying Smitty won't change, among other nonsensical things is utter ridiculous.

- 15 of Ryan's pass attempts came in 2 minute drills at the end of the half and end of game

- They didn't abandon the run in the second half until the last drive. It wasn't that effective in the 2nd half and running more wouldn't have won the game IMO. Prior to the last drive, it was 11 rush, 17 pass in the 2nd half.

- We had 36 rush attempts last week vs. the Bucs. You tend to rush more when you play with the lead the entire game.

Regardless of what the stats say, from watching the game, I put that loss on the O-line and the defense.

Well there goes the thread killer. Hahaha. Way to rain on his parade.

But I know Smith will never change.

I was talking to a friend last night about the game and he asked why didn't you run more ? My reply was Smith and adjustments. I could see watching the game we ran the ball fairly well against a very good defense and with our 4 RB's imo we could have established the run with fresh backs and worn down the D.

So I looked up the stats last night and shock turned into anger. With both starting tackles out especially Mathews here's our stat line.

ATL

Passing Att - 44

Yards per pass - 4.6 blink.png

Interceptions Thrown - 3

Rushing Att - 19

Yards per rush - 5.1 ohmy.png

Fumbles Lost - 0

Flip it and you have Cinn stat line 24 passes 45 runs

It's just mind boggling. We have a tough stretch coming up and I hope we run the ball more.

I've never understood take the Cincy game for example I'm screaming at the tv run the ball.

My question is If we can see it why can't the coaches /smh

Well golly gee! Lets pray that Artie hires you and your buddy as the new HC and OC this offseason. Yall are ******* geniuses. Yea... Not ******* really.

Thank you. I was going to post something similar but decided it wasn't worth the trouble hahah. Good for you for not being lazy.

That's what I was thinking. I wonder how many times Ryan has checked from a run to a pass? or vice-versa? It seems like he checks into the second play pretty often - Kill! Kill!

If I remember correctly, he goes to the line with a run play and a pass play and makes the call. Seems I saw that somewhere but I can't remember...

Sometimes the other team is just better.

People have always had a hard conceding that here. It ALWAYS has to be something we did wrong. Very rarely do people around here admit the other team just played better, and we simply couldn't execute on offense or make a stop on defense. It HAS to be bad coaching..etc..

You can't win every game. Agreed? It's not as if the losses are piling up.

Now... If you're bound to lose a few, it stands to reason that you'll have an off game here and there. Right?

A bad month is cause for alarm, but you have to accept a bad day and move forward instead of looking for an azz to kick.

Learned what, the Matthews needs to play? That they shouldn't repeatedly slip when trying to make a play? That Jones needs to make the big catch and not let a TD get stripped away from him? That Toilolo needs to stop channeling his inner Jenkins and tip drilling the ball to the other team? That Ryan needs to not throw INTs? That Alford needs to intercept that ball?

Falcons D kept the Bengals out of the end zone on 8 of 11 possessions. Would have been 9 if Alford knocks that pass down. Falcons had two deep shots into the end zone- one was stripped out, the other intercepted- change those 3 plays, game is much different.

Falcons had their chances, just couldn't get it done.

Minn is NOT Cinn- QB isn't nearly as good, D isn't as good, they're racked with injuries, their best player is suspended for beating his child. Falcons, if nothing else, should easily just outscore the vikings.

Learned what, the Matthews needs to play? That they shouldn't repeatedly slip when trying to make a play? That Jones needs to make the big catch and not let a TD get stripped away from him? That Toilolo needs to stop channeling his inner Jenkins and tip drilling the ball to the other team? That Ryan needs to not throw INTs? That Alford needs to intercept that ball?

Falcons D kept the Bengals out of the end zone on 8 of 11 possessions. Would have been 9 if Alford knocks that pass down. Falcons had two deep shots into the end zone- one was stripped out, the other intercepted- change those 3 plays, game is much different.

Falcons had their chances, just couldn't get it done.

Minn is NOT Cinn- QB isn't nearly as good, D isn't as good, they're racked with injuries, their best player is suspended for beating his child. Falcons, if nothing else, should easily just outscore the vikings.

Totally agree we left plays all over the field. I didn't understand after having success running the ball with 4 talented backs why we didn't hammer that D taking some pressure off of Ryan with no Mathews and see what happens. Cincy is a very good team and we could have still lost but that game was a lot more competitive than the score indicated.

Sorry I wasn't clear but in no way was I comparing Minn to Cinn. Just that with this stretch of road games and being 1-9 on the road I hope we take advantage of what teams give us and play smart.

Edited by Xfactor

People have always had a hard conceding that here. It ALWAYS has to be something we did wrong. Very rarely do people around here admit the other team just played better, and we simply couldn't execute on offense or make a stop on defense. It HAS to be bad coaching..etc..

Even worse is the fact that people can't understand that a given player or team has variance in his or their performance. They don't ALWAYS play at the same level. Sometimes, you have a bad performance.

We had a really ****** game that day. So it goes.

Even worse is the fact that people can't understand that a given player or team has variance in his or their performance. They don't ALWAYS play at the same level. Sometimes, you have a bad performance.

We had a really ****** game that day. So it goes.

Case in point folks already upset with Freeman for only getting carries at the end of a curb stomping when were running out clock, which of course had the Bucs teeing off on the run with him behind a backup Oline.

All the sudden he's struggling. :rolleyes: