The Fs?

TrufantIsland

I think the staff wants a FS with experience in the game. We all know Southward is the most athletic out of all our safeties, needs to get more comfortable with the system b4 throwing him in there. Ishmael is coming on strong and is a very good option if Lowery can't stay healthy. Good thing is that both of our backups can play both safety positions. I believe Southward will get his chance in due time, just needs the time to learn the system b4 throwing him in the fire. To have this depth at safety is a very good thing. Just thank goodness we don't have to trot DeCoud out there to get roasted on a weekly basis. He was god awful against the Steelers.

Ishmael did great with his playtime opportunity. How great is it that a lot of backups got game time? That rarely happens in the NFL.

But, it was time against a team that you knew would throw alot being down so early, which changes the dynamic on D.

I'm more comfortable with Lowery at FS right now, but it's good that Ishmael can fill SS or FS, esp. With Lowery having some concussion history.

Ishmael has a lot of potential. He sat around last year learning. Southward is going through the same process right now. Give them both time. Lowery is doing a very solid job right now. Moore is one of the better SS's in the NFL. I like what he have right now. Not to mention Motta coming back next year. We have a lot of guys with bright futures back there. I like the 3 safety sets we have been running with. Makes us more physical.