Where Does Trufant Rank Among League Corners?

TrufantIsland

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what he does well, is his tackling and coverage, but he need to play the ball more. He probably one the best man cov in the league, because of his soft hips and speed.

I'm not certain about Aflord just yet he is to inconsistent from time to time..

We'd see more of them playing the ball if we had a consistent pass rush. We rarely force bad or quick throws so it's hard for those guys to get a chance to do something other than knock the ball away.

Tru though>>>>>easily one of the 3 best draft picks in the TD era.

Corners are sort of like black holes -you can't measure them directly, you have to see the affects they have around them. A lot of interceptions looks good, but means they are thrown at a lot too.

If a secondary plays a lot of zone, it takes good coordination as a team, like an offensive line doing more than individual parts. Man corners take less teamwork obviously.

Trufant and Alford are definitely not weaknesses. I'd even add we have a decent nickel with McClain and a good SS in Moore. There is opportunity for improvement at FS, but it is not a big weakness like last year. I think if we add more elite pass pressure you would see our corners and all our Secondary really make QBs pay for hurried throws - more like Seattle. They have a great secondary, but those guys get the benefit of a lot of hurried throws to look even better.

Have to disagree. Hayden and Peterson are better right now. I actually like Peterson better than Sherman.

Haden is not having a very Haden like year though. I think he's giving up something like 75% completions against.. He's usually in the high 30s low 40s. Already given up at least two TDs thus far, alb with to Jimmy Graham on jump balls. I think he's given up 3 total

I grade corners by hue much teams avoid throwing his way. They've rarely tried Tru so far this year so I'd put him too 5 along with Peterson, Sherman, Newman, and Revis. He's only truly given up one play against cincy. He was credited for one against NO but when I looked at the play it should've been on the nickle/safety. Besides that in 3 games he's mostly been avoided. Tru has been targeted more but even him not a lot. They attack our linebackers and safeties so as for Tru? Top 5. Alford? Top 15. As a tandem? Top 10.

Trufant is behind: Revis, Sherman, Peterson, Talib and probably Haden (despite his poor start to this year).

Trufant is at least Top 10 at this point and he's probably closer to 5 than 10.

Alford has a ways to go but he's improving a lot.

I thought we're ranking on play FROM this season? Not career. Thats why I put him top 5 this season. He's been avoided and still hasn't given up a score. Wilson abused Talib last week. Haden's been getting picked on too. So far Tru hasn't been abused or even picked on. That's why I'm putting him top 5 so far this season.

I thought we're ranking on play FROM this season? Not career. Thats why I put him top 5 this season. He's been avoided and still hasn't given up a score. Wilson abused Talib last week. Haden's been getting picked on too. So far Tru hasn't been abused or even picked on. That's why I'm putting him top 5 so far this season.

OP said where does Tru rank among the corners in the league. I took that to mean overall. If you want to put him 5, I won't argue. I think he's closer to 6 or 7 so its pretty much just splitting hairs here.