No Excuses Come Sunday @ Vikings...

Supes™

We could hardly ask for a better or more timely road game match-up than Sunday @ Minne. As we all know, the Vikes are without AP and fielding Teddy Bear, a wet-behind-the-ears QB starting his first game in the NFL. The Falcons are as healthy and complete as they need to be and judging from the Bucs game, firing on all 8 cylinders. On paper, it's almost not fair. On the field, it could always be another story and I take nothing for granted.

This is a road game we should win, hands down. It should be fun to watch for all Falcons fans and tell us more about this edition of our team of choice. Did the Falcons learn anything from their poor showing in Cincy? You're supposed to learn more from losses than from wins, so we certainly hope so.

Fire up the grill and ice down the beer. Falcons roll, 34-13. No excuses.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope we don't fall into some kind of lull and come out sleepwalking, particularly if we go on offense first. We need to pretend the Vikings are wearing pewter, not purple, and come out attacking on both sides of the ball. We need to get to Bridgewater early and often, otherwise, he's got enough talent to do some damage if we give him confidence as the game goes on.

I just hope we don't fall into some kind of lull and come out sleepwalking, particularly if we go on offense first. We need to pretend the Vikings are wearing pewter, not purple, and come out attacking on both sides of the ball. We need to get to Bridgewater early and often, otherwise, he's got enough talent to do some damage if we give him confidence as the game goes on.

Yep. This is a road game that should tell us a lot more about the Falcons. As it stands now, we're in good shape for a good season, albeit early still. Lose this game and all bets are off.

"The key to getting to the playoffs in this league is to win your home games and steal a few road games." - Dan Reeves

That man is a prophet!

Good thread Supes. If the Falcons are going to do anything significant this year they have to what good 'ol Coach Reeves said and win a few road games.

The Falcons are better and healthier than the Vikings. This is a game they should win.

The Vikings aren't even close to being the Bengals.

I'm with Banker on this one. IF the guys don't come out sleep walking and flat this is definitely a should win game. But hey, this is why the games are played on the field and not on paper. It's been said multiple times the last several days how this team seems to find a way to make rookie QB's look like all stars, and frankly, that's what worries me.

They have a great coach, they have some talent on the DLine......we will need our OLine to continue to gel and work well together

I just hope they don't wise up and start getting Cordarrelle more touches.

They're gonna have to get Patterson more touches. They'll have no choice with AP and Rudolph out. I think they're going to try to establish the running game to help relax Bridgewater, and if successful with that, try to get him and Patterson to hook up.

This game is setting up a scary amount like the Jets game last year. Rookie QB, hasn't done anything yet, shows up and looks like an all-pro against our defense. Prove me wrong, Nolan. Please.

Except that last year, the injuries had already started and the Falcons were playing 2 rookies at corner. This year is much different.

And for the record, here's some other rookie/youngQBs that Nolan's D has beaten, with margin of victory:

Newton +14, Painter+24 Ponder+10, Gabbert+21, Cassell+16

Also beat, by less than 10 points, TJackson, Locker, Newton again,Lindley, Manuel, Cousins.

Falcons have a pretty good track record against young and/or inexperienced QBs under Nolan, Lost to Yates, although that had to do with the HOU D much more than Yates.

So, 2 losses and 11 victories, 4 victories by more than 14 points.