Falcons Records

Falconsfan567

I was just sitting here thinking "man Julio Jones has already had a lot of games in his career with over 100 yards receiving" and decided to look up what the Falcons franchise record. Counting the playoffs Roddy White has had 100 yards receiving in a game 38 times. That is by far the most by any Falcons player ever.

100-YARDS RECEIVING GAMES

1. Roddy White - 38

2. Alfred Jenkins - 17

3. Julio Jones - 15

-. Andre Rison - 15

5. Terance Mathis - 14

I decided to look up passing records since Matt Ryan already holds a bunch of those records. The single game records include the playoffs. The career records only includes regular season.

300-Yards Games = Matt Ryan (26)

3-TD Pass Games = Matt Ryan (23)

4-TD Pass Games = Matt Ryan (3)

100-QB Rating Games = Matt Ryan (39)

Career Completion Percentage = Matt Ryan (63.8%)

Completions = Matt Ryan (2169)

Attempts = Matt Ryan (3399)

Touchdowns = Matt Ryan (160)

Interceptions = Steve Bartkowski (141)

QB Rating = Matt Ryan (91.1)

Passing Yards Per Game = Matt Ryan (251.9)

Passing Yards Per Attempt = Chris Chandler (7.9)

Passing Yards Per Completion = Chris Chandler (13.5)

4th Quarter Comebacks = Steve Bartkowski (19)

Game-Winning Drives = Matt Ryan (25)

According to Pro-Football-Reference to quality for a career franchise leader a player must have 1,500 passing attempts for that team. Chandler just does make the cut at 1,672 and that is why he holds the Falcons record for yards per pass attempt by a Falcons QB at 7.9. Matt Ryan is second at 7.2.

Two words: Micheal Turner. We had a very successful running game with a RB who was a monster in the redzone.

Still holds the franchise record for most TDs, with 61. Roddy's closing in though, with 56, and even Julio's making progress with 23 in just over 3 years, with most of last year being spent on IR.

And to think 2 teams passed on Matt. Fools.

IMO by the time Ryan retires he will go down as the best Falcon in history.

and you KNOW with the disaster Miami has had at QB, along with the fact they no longer have Jake Long, they have to be kicking themselves..........

I wonder if they have their own version of FFS1970 who comes up with the 'I think I'll have me some of that jelly' stuff to post on their boards, HAHA

and you KNOW with the disaster Miami has had at QB, along with the fact they no longer have Jake Long, they have to be kicking themselves..........

I wonder if they have their own version of FFS1970 who comes up with the 'I think I'll have me some of that jelly' stuff to post on their boards, HAHA

Living in Miami I can factually confirm they are all angry for not taking Ryan when they had the chance. They're super jealous of us having him. Why I used to LMBO when the troll folks would try and pretend that nobody in the league liked or wanted Ryan. Miami is a melting pot of fan bases and everyone I have ever talked to knows Ryan is the real deal. A few trolls on the Internet trying to convince us he wasn't always just really made me laugh tears.

Ryan is also top 70 all time in passing yards already, has a shot of ending up top 50 all time by the end of the year.

He's top 70 [well 71 until his next TD pass] in passing TDs as well, a good season puts him at top 50 all time by the end of it as well.

As far as active players goes, he's top 12 or 13 in the two categories, in 2-3 years, he'll be top 5 active, because some legends [ Brady, Manning] and some hangers on [ Kitna & Hasselback are still listed as active] will retire.

3 more years of his current production will take him to top 10 all time in both yards and passing TDs. That would make him 32, with 3-5 high production years left.

We're watching a HOF career unfold. I've been enjoying almost every minute of it.

Ryan's best playoff performance by far was his last one- no reason to assume he won't get better in the playoffs either. This could be the start of a special run here.

Ryan is also top 70 all time in passing yards already, has a shot of ending up top 50 all time by the end of the year.

He's top 70 [well 71 until his next TD pass] in passing TDs as well, a good season puts him at top 50 all time by the end of it as well.

As far as active players goes, he's top 12 or 13 in the two categories, in 2-3 years, he'll be top 5 active, because some legends [ Brady, Manning] and some hangers on [ Kitna & Hasselback are still listed as active] will retire.

3 more years of his current production will take him to top 10 all time in both yards and passing TDs. That would make him 32, with 3-5 high production years left.

We're watching a HOF career unfold. I've been enjoying almost every minute of it.

Ryan's best playoff performance by far was his last one- no reason to assume he won't get better in the playoffs either. This could be the start of a special run here.

Yep.

Matt could have been the Marino killer in Miami

Marino would have been a tough nut. Did you see this someone posted. They showed it on Thursday night football. Over his first 6 years, only 2 quarterbacks in the history of the NFL have more passing yards than Ryan. Guess who one of them was?

image20.png

Guest Negatorris

Marino would have been a tough nut. Did you see this someone posted. They showed it on Thursday night football. Over his first 6 years, only 2 quarterbacks in the history of the NFL have more passing yards than Ryan. Guess who one of them was?

image20.png

Andrew Luck is gonna pass Ryan up I'm sure, unless he's injured.

Andrew Luck is gonna pass Ryan up I'm sure, unless he's injured.

Very possible - but that's 3 more years after this one. He's in his second year. A lot could happen.

Frankly, I thought Matthew Stafford would have - but he was injured for some time as well. He'd need to throw an additional 5200 yards this year to pass Ryan. Which of course, is possible - but not very likely.