Cool Stat On Noodle Arm Matt Ryan

jdawg4876

Ryan was 6-of-8 for 139 yards and a touchdown on passes thrown at least 15 yards downfield in Week 3. Ryan has excelled on deep passes in the Falcons' two home games this season while struggling with such throws in the team's Week 2 loss at Cincinnati. His 19 deep completions this season are nine more than the next closest quarterback (Alex Smith, 10).

ryan has no more strength than Chad Pennington

Edited by jdawg4876

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ol' noodle arm is something ain't he? It's almost as if all of the hype surrounding his perceived lack of arm strength was just total and complete #######. But I digress, I actually think Matt Ryan has some of the best deep throw consistency in the league. As long as his line gives him enough time to let his receivers get down the field he will get it to them.

Also, the touch he's putting on his passes right now is top notch. Literally.

Ryan was 6-of-8 for 139 yards and a touchdown on passes thrown at least 15 yards downfield in Week 3. Ryan has excelled on deep passes in the Falcons' two home games this season while struggling with such throws in the team's Week 2 loss at Cincinnati. His 19 deep completions this season are nine more than the next closest quarterback (Alex Smith, 10).

LOL!

Ol' noodle arm is something ain't he? It's almost as if all of the hype surrounding his perceived lack of arm strength was just total and complete #######. But I digress, I actually think Matt Ryan has some of the best deep throw consistency in the league. As long as his line gives him enough time to let his receivers get down the field he will get it to them.

Also, the touch he's putting on his passes right now is top notch. Literally.

agreed and to go one step further matt has become far more of a gun slinger this yr, he doesnt take stupid risk but he wants to push the ball down the field like his childhood idol brett farve did, but like I said he is smart about it.

Swift just threw up a little bit in his mouth...

I almost miss having the cadre of hater trolls around now. Would be fun to poke them with sharp s(tastis)ticks.

The problem was...they poked back. What made the true trolls so annoying, was their complete unwillingness to concede...anything. Not a one of them would have accepted this as proof.

Ryan is a worker. People said he didn't have the arm strength, so he worked his *** off to get stronger. People said he's just a pocket passer and can't escape pressure, so he worked his *** off at evading pursuers. The guy has the attitude to be a hall of famer.

A couple of Superbowl wins would certainly help that argument.

agreed and to go one step further matt has become far more of a gun slinger this yr, he doesnt take stupid risk but he wants to push the ball down the field like his childhood idol brett farve did, but like I said he is smart about it.

He's not a gunslinger, he's a surgeon- watch his highlights and how he puts the ball exactly where he wants to.

IF Holmes matures into a solid RT to bookend with Matthews, we could watch an incredible season from the offense and Ryan.

Won't be surprised at all if he puts up 40 on Minn.

seems to me like matt ryan's arm has gotten better every season....he was a kid when he first came to atlanta...tall and skinny...he just had to put on a little muscle....he won't ever be like Kaep all buffed up, but he doesn't need to be....all he has done is produce for us every single season, as has gotten better, every single season