App State Vs Georgia Southern

AF89

Hey I know theirs an NFL and decent Big 12 matchup at the same time but if you get the chance mosey on over to ESPN U tomorrow night at 7:30 to see the state of Georgia's newest addition to the FBS take on their biggest rivals in App State (you remember, those guys who beat Michigan a handful of seasons ago). It's GSU's first weekday night game in 25 years and the atmosphere for this Blue Out should be VERY electric.

25 Yrs ago? Was that the game during the hurricane?

Yep hurricane Hugo. Probably would've been canceled now days but back then they just kinda let it go lol. Back then the stadium didn't even have any lights and the school had to rent out some for the sum of $40,000 but it was a big deal just to be on TV so I'm sure they were glad to do it

hugoBowl_origscan.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Great read up on it

http://savannahnow.c...eorgia-southern

Yep hurricane Hugo. Probably would've been canceled now days but back then they just kinda let it go lol. Back then the stadium didn't even have any lights and the school had to rent out some for the sum of $40,000 but it was a big deal just to be on TV so I'm sure they were glad to do it

hugoBowl_origscan.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Great read up on it

http://savannahnow.c...eorgia-southern

thanks for the link.. i sent it to my coworker who's son plays at georgia southern.. she loved the article.. i remember like that was yesterday..