Topics To Discuss

Sorry Monoxide, nothing that I'm about to say is directed at you personally, but this illustrates perfectly all of the criticisms directed at the mods during this.

Many of us said that it was a stupid rule and we were dismissed as "entitled arrogant jerks". I'm glad to see the new moderator here agree with all of us who criticized this change.

I'll also take the chance to actually be a jerk and say this...

Hey Tuggle and BankerBird, I TOLD YOU SO.

You're really pushing it man. I am just going to leave it at that. Monoxide and I talked about this and it was a group decision. I will not tolerate any form of mod bashing whatsoever. Take that how you will and I recommend you leave the issue alone and allow things to run their course.

I would think that would fall under the old COC, wouldn't it? In other words, it wasn't supposed to ever be tolerated was it?

Well it was left unchecked for a long time. No longer will it be allowed. Basically take the can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all approach. Please stop bringing up the last too. Mistakes were made, we're atoning for them and starting new. Thanks.

LMAO, after 24 hours one of the new unbreakable rules is now allowed to be broken?

Excuse me, two of the three newly unpardonable sins are now pardonable per mono, now religious AND political threads are within the rules if we're nice.

What on EARTH was the point of the charades here yesterday if this is the result one day later?

I agree, and I feel like that goes without saying. I started a thread solely dedicated to me being a Mormon, and we lasted 25 pages without an ounce of disrespect. Contrary to a select few, the vast majority of here know how to have some great threads without inciting bigotry.

Well I am glad to have you here to nip the select few as soon as they appear.

Excuse me, two of the three newly unpardonable sins are now pardonable per mono, now religious AND political threads are within the rules if we're nice.

What on EARTH was the point of the charades here yesterday if this is the result one day later?

We talked it out and gave Mono the power to make the decision on whether he wanted to bring them back.

Yesterday we shook things up and got peoples attention. Mono feels comfortable with being able to keep things in check and civil. So we see no problems with it. This is his baby now.

You're really pushing it man. I am just going to leave it at that. Monoxide and I talked about this and it was a group decision. I will not tolerate any form of mod bashing whatsoever. Take that how you will and I recommend you leave the issue alone and allow things to run their course.

Sorry, I just had to say it. But you're right and I'll drop it.

I'll just say that it's the right decision to make.

Threats from a mod, even though nothing he said was particularly inflammatory, nor did it violate the COC as far as I can tell. Good to know that reasoned criticism will be considered "mod bashing" and that you'll be happy to wield the ban hammer. Seems like you enjoy the ban hammer rep.

Just for future reference, is the above considered the kind of mod bashing that you will not tolerate? Wanna make sure I tread lightly around what appears to be fragile territory.

Canadian politics can only be discussed by Canadian posters. American politics can only be discussed by American posters. That means the Canadian guy with a Nancy Pelosi avatar can only talk about what's going on in Quebec.I'm only halfway kidding.

I was genuinely and highly amused by our resident canadian's outrage over being told he couldn't debate american politics yesterday.

For what it's worth, and not to say in any way that I agree with how this was all handled, I am glad that y'all worked it out this way, and I very much appreciate Tuggle and Banker being willing to listen to us and taking steps to solve the problem without the heavy handed approach. I also appreciate Monoxide stepping up to the plate to moderate the forum, because I know full well I wouldn't want that job, and I assume most of you wouldn't either.

What I hope is that we can do what Tuggle and Monoxide have suggested and move forward and leave this behind us. The forum will be better for it.

Canadian politics can only be discussed by Canadian posters. American politics can only be discussed by American posters. That means the Canadian guy with a Nancy Pelosi avatar can only talk about what's going on in Quebec.I'm only halfway kidding.

Excuse Me but there is no need for insults .

I'm the guy on the right and my best friend is the guy on the left .

No Nancy's on that mountain !angry.pngangry.png

you Mormon's sure talk s@#t

I was made a moderator specifically to look out for ABF, and I decided on my own that a rule against religious threads wasn't necessary as long as there's adequate moderation. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.That's not a shot in anyway towards Banker or Tuggle. They've done a fantastic job, and were simply doing what they thought needed to be done in order to contain this place. Being that I've posted in ABF more than some of the other moderators, I can more accurately project this place IMO. We don't need more rules, quite the contrary.If anybody has any suggestions, by all means post them. I'm not trying to take over anything, I simply want to get this place back to the way it was. A bunch of guys respectfully posting about whatever the heck they want to, as long as it's not a racist tirade or a bigoted rant about a religious group. As I said, I think we all know how to adequatelly converse without getting tranquelized.

Not a personal suggestion on my part but one suggested over the years A separate political forum. I realize that would would amount to additional work in moderating two places versus one, so I can see that as a reason for not making one.

Speaking as someone who can remember this forum before it went downhill some years ago I recall that it was better because it was mostly free of childish political, racial and religious bickering. The low points were the presidential election years, which combined all of the aforementioned into one, on top of that a few users saw that as an open invitation to spam this forum with a multitude of needless and often duplicated topics, e.g. "today's polls", "candidate A said...", "candidate B said.." and so on.

Obviously that all took place with no real moderation occurring in this forum, and that alone may be enough to make a difference, but beware the next presidential elections are just two years away.

Threats from a mod, even though nothing he said was particularly inflammatory, nor did it violate the COC as far as I can tell. Good to know that reasoned criticism will be considered "mod bashing" and that you'll be happy to wield the ban hammer. Seems like you enjoy the ban hammer rep.

Just for future reference, is the above considered the kind of mod bashing that you will not tolerate? Wanna make sure I tread lightly around what appears to be fragile territory.

I don't want or like banning anyone. Id rather just organize forums and merge threads.

I will not tolerate the constant pressing of the matter and attacking of the moderators though. Sorry if that offends you. It was not meant in any other way than 'let it go'.

We're trying to fix a problem. We've made steps in doing so. We don't need people trying to fuel a dying fire.

He apologized, I apologized, it's done. Everything now in my eyes is just antagonizing the situation.

Y'all enjoy your day, appreciate your support.

Go Falcons!