What A Strange Start For Qbs This Season

jdawg4876

I watch a lot of football, not just the falcons even though I have been a diehard fan since I was 7 starting in 92. anyways as you know every yr I look at qbs as what they have done in that yr so far and a lot of hof qbs would not make my top 5 in the league thru 3 games. the sample size is small but its a strange and interesting trend if you ask me. thru three games my top 5 qbs would be in no order.

matt ryan

peyton manning

Russell Wilson

Nick Foles

Phillip Rivers

qbs on the outside looking in are Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Tom brady, if you would have asked me earlier this yr that those three qbs would have been on the outside looking in, I would have said yall would be crazy. The one thats most shocking to me to be in the top 5 is Rivers not bc he is a bad qb but just look at the level of competition he has faced so far, they almost beat the cards, and they did beat the seahawks.

anyways does anybody else find this strange and kind of exciting in a good way.

ps another guy quickly moving up the list is kirk cousins, dude can ball he would be in my top 10 to 12 he has put up great numbers in only 2 games

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rodgers surprises me; he's playing like he's still hurt. Otherwise not too surprising.

Brady still has no weapons outside Gronk, so not surprising he's not doing as well. I'm not sure Brees has been doing horribly but i predicted he was going to take a step back.

Biggest surprise is Foles really, i wasn't sure i quite believed in his hype train yet but he's looked very good so far this year.

Rodgers surprises me; he's playing like he's still hurt. Otherwise not too surprising.

Brady still has no weapons outside Gronk, so not surprising he's not doing as well. I'm not sure Brees has been doing horribly but i predicted he was going to take a step back.

Biggest surprise is Foles really, i wasn't sure i quite believed in his hype train yet but he's looked very good so far this year.

brady has been doing magic with horrible wrs for most of his career, his o line is not quite as good as it use to be, and he has made more mental errors than I thought he wold

If Wilson was a Falcon he would BLOW,so lucky he has that running game and defense....OVER RATED...

you obviously dont watch him play. dude is clutch has 6 tds to only 1 int and this is the first yr he had any good weapons before this yr harvin was injured and his best threat was prob zack miller lol. he put a dagger in the broncos in overtime pretty much by himself

If Wilson was a Falcon he would BLOW,so lucky he has that running game and defense....OVER RATED...

I used to think the samething until I watched that game last Sunday against the Broncos. The guy doesn't make the big mistake. He doesn't take the big sack. He is a pretty solid QB. It is going to be interesting whenever he gets a new contract.

I used to think the samething until I watched that game last Sunday against the Broncos. The guy doesn't make the big mistake. He doesn't take the big sack. He is a pretty solid QB. It is going to be interesting whenever he gets a new contract.

dude is the perfect match between between being a pocket passer and a "running qb" dude always wants to make the throw first but can make the play with his legs. dude is the real deal. he prob wont break tons of records but Im willing to make a bet he gets another superbowl ring before its all said and done, and thats what truly matters

here how wilson ranks against the rest of the league thru 3 games

• 2014 League Ranks:
    5th in NFL in TD (6)
    4th in NFL in CMP% (69.0)
    1st in NFL in RAT (108.9

whats overrated about that lol

I think the point is he's allowed to game manage unlike a lot of QB's because of his great D and running game. If he was on a team like the Falcons where he needs to throw us to the win despite our Defense and run game he would put up worse numbers.

Edited by Lornoth

I think the point is he's allowed to game manage unlike a lot of QB's because of his great D and running game. If he was on a team like the Falcons where he needs to throw us to the win despite our Defense and run game he would put up worse numbers.

who knows even though matt ryan is more elusive this yr, wilson is still more athletic and could have helped our bad oline last yr, plus he has never had players like julio, roddy, or TG. he had a team full Of HDs last yr. and thats not a diss towards hd its just that hd is really a number 3 and thats what he had in his first two yrs is a bunch of 2 and 3 wrs, now he has a healthy harvin, and his numbers are going up

who knows even though matt ryan is more elusive this yr, wilson is still more athletic and could have helped our bad oline last yr, plus he has never had players like julio, roddy, or TG. he had a team full Of HDs last yr. and thats not a diss towards hd its just that hd is really a number 3 and thats what he had in his first two yrs is a bunch of 2 and 3 wrs, now he has a healthy harvin, and his numbers are going up

Not necessarily agreeing with it, just saying that's the logic.

I will say though that elusiveness doesn't usually help sack numbers and such. Wilson was the 2'nd most pressured/sacked QB last year after Ryan i think. Rodgers is always high on that list too.

Not necessarily agreeing with it, just saying that's the logic.

I will say though that elusiveness doesn't usually help sack numbers and such. Wilson was the 2'nd most pressured/sacked QB last year after Ryan i think. Rodgers is always high on that list too.

I know but he still could have get out of trouble more, and have design plays to slow down pass rush. like I said if all you care about his passing yds than no wilson is not great, but I actually watch him, when he needs a td or a fd he gets it and that means more to me than throwing 400 yds a game

you obviously dont watch him play. dude is clutch has 6 tds to only 1 int and this is the first yr he had any good weapons before this yr harvin was injured and his best threat was prob zack miller lol. he put a dagger in the broncos in overtime pretty much by himself

The game should not have gone to overtime.

Would Atl or Denver or the Saints have knelt down with 40 secs left and only needing a FG to win?

The answer is no and that tells us how "clutch" Mr Wilson is seen by his coach because the Seahawks sat on the time and went to extra innings.

Wilson might be a really fine QB someday. He's not there, now, and his wins are on the D and the run game.

The game should not have gone to overtime.

Would Atl or Denver or the Saints have knelt down with 40 secs left and only needing a FG to win?

The answer is no and that tells us how "clutch" Mr Wilson is seen by his coach because the Seahawks sat on the time and went to extra innings.

Wilson might be a really fine QB someday. He's not there, now, and his wins are on the D and the run game.

wilson pretty much single handley won that game in overtime and if he is such a game manager he wouldnt have already have 6 tds. as far as kneel down that speaks to what Carroll thinks about his defense more than what he thinks about wilson. he is a smart qb who makes great decisions he also is really good at spreading the ball around to all his targets. dude won a superbowl in his 2nd season, so of course he hasnt peeked but he continues to grow and get better every yr.

so who is your top 5 qbs just this season and why would wilson not be one of them

how drew brees ranks with better weapons than wilson I will take cooks, meachem, colston and jimmy over harvin, miller, and baldwin. I will also take the saints o line over the seahawks o line when it comes to pass blocking

8th in NFL in TD (5)

2nd in NFL in CMP% (70.9)

5th in NFL in YDS (863)

8th in NFL in RAT (99.1)

Edited by jdawg4876

look at the win to lose ratio then look at the numbers and tell me why brees is over wilson, also look at the level of competition, the browns got a good defense but there is no way they should have lost that, plus he under performed against the vikings

Brees has to carry his team on his shoulders, Wilson doesn't need to. I said same thing two years ago between Luck and RG3. RG3 was putting up better numbers than Luck, but Luck was carrying the colts with come from behind wins etc. Stats are misleading with out context.