Tennessee At Georgia Week

Carter

Hoping the Dawgs secondary doesn't make Worley look like a Manning. With UT having a new line, I'd say a key for us is to get our pass rush going strong... they've been able to keep pass rushers in check the past few years. That should be an excellent indicator for us.

Offensively for UGA, I don't know if there's much to say. With our speed at WR still missing, we'll have to lean on the running game that much more. Get Sony and McKenzie involved on some screens out wide and do what we can down the field some with Conley/Bennett.

Dawgs need a strong showing in conference play after the letdown of losing to South Carolina again. Vols need to establish themselves as a team on the rise. Each of the last 2 years this has been a high scoring contentious affair, last year going to overtime in Knoxville where the Dawgs squeaked one out. Predictions for a blowout are unrealistic imo... this should be a tough game.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope we are able to give you all a good game this weekend. Obviously the key match up will be our defense against the UGA running game. So far we have done a good job stopping the run but as everyone knows UGA is a completely different animal. If we want to stay competitive we will have to have success through the air. Not having Von Pearson and possibly Josh Smith for this game will hurt. We do get Ethan Wolf back who has been good at the TE position.

Hoping the Dawgs secondary doesn't make Worley look like a Manning. With UT having a new line, I'd say a key for us is to get our pass rush going strong... they've been able to keep pass rushers in check the past few years. That should be an excellent indicator for us.

Offensively for UGA, I don't know if there's much to say. With our speed at WR still missing, we'll have to lean on the running game that much more. Get Sony and McKenzie involved on some screens out wide and do what we can down the field some with Conley/Bennett.

Dawgs need a strong showing in conference play after the letdown of losing to South Carolina again. Vols need to establish themselves as a team on the rise. Each of the last 2 years this has been a high scoring contentious affair, last year going to overtime in Knoxville where the Dawgs squeaked one out. Predictions for a blowout are unrealistic imo... this should be a tough game.

I'm not so sure a lack of speed exists or if it is the problem with the passing game. There are still guys with enough speed I think. Without MM last year there were plenty of down field passes and all those weren't to Wesley. Different quarterbacks with different strengths.

Definitely agree with the keys for the defense. They score at least 24.

34-24 Georgia wins.

Edited by GAbred

I'm not so sure a lack of speed exists or if it is the problem with the passing game. There are still guys with enough speed I think. Without MM last year there were plenty of down field passes and all those weren't to Wesley. Different quarterbacks with different strengths.

Definitely agree with the keys for the defense. They score at least 24.

34-24 Georgia wins.

I guess playmakers would be a better phrase to use. We have Conley and Bennett who are reliable receivers, but they won't blow the top off too many defenses. Mason doesn't really have zip on the deep ball anyway to really get that vertical passing game on a full head of steam.

I'm hoping our db's don't get abused all day. If there's one thing I know UT has it's good receivers.

This may be another of those instances where the announcers like to say, if you let them hang around when otherwise you could have put them away, it will end up being too close for comfort.

42-24 is definitely possible. That’s not my prediction, but somebody else’s up there.

But all you need do is look at last week’s Missouri/Indiana final score then

know a game like this especially must not be taken for granted.

I am just going to predict a real good game that would fit in my Best Game of the Year So Far list if I had done that post after this weekend.

I fully expect a close game, but those Vegas folks must know something that I don't. Sure hope that they are right!!

same here.. i expect a 11 point win for Georgia, but that opening spread at 19 points was way too much. my prediction is 44 to 33. i also predict the same folks in the game thread will want bobo, pruitt, and cmr fired after a few plays.. it's like clockwork.

same here.. i expect a 11 point win for Georgia, but that opening spread at 19 points was way too much. my prediction is 44 to 33. i also predict the same folks in the game thread will want bobo, pruitt, and cmr fired after a few plays.. it's like clockwork.

Yeah I will prolly just avoid the game thread for the most part. It's mostly the same 2 or 3 people calling the team trash and saying we've lost already in the 2nd quarter lol

It's the SEC... you never know what can happen. It's not like they recruit scrubs and have bad coaches.

Folks act like every time we change coaches we're winning a national title. Some of us tried to tell folks Pruitt isn't gonna fix everything in one offseason but people wanna get mad that a secondary which blew *** last year and lost 3 starters isn't much better.

Let me go ahead and shatter some of yalls thoughts about this game lol, like every game. UT will score, our secondary will look bad at times, we will punt, Gurley won't take every single carry and may have less than 10 in the 1st half, Mason won't have 300+ yards passing, Bobo will call weird plays in the redzone and it will probably be a close game for a good portion of it.

Can we accept that we aren't playing championship caliber football already, especially on defense? Instead of expecting us to when we don't have the personnel and blowing a frickin vein every Saturday. They might be good enough as the season rolls on but they aren't right now. We aren't gonna blow everyone out, we aren't good enough to.

coach pruitt said it would take 3 years to build a championship calibur defense.. our secondary is horrible and despite ut missing josh smith and pearson they got a lot of talent at wr.. robert smith thinking the vol's roll uga because they will stop gurley and force hutson to beat them and he can't. on coast to coast both announcers said they felt ut had a good chance to beat uga because of our secondary and the vols will stop our running game.. rc slocum said the same thing about the vols giving uga all we can handle. i could go on and on with a number of coaches and analysts who feel this is going to be a close game that could go either way. i think we win 44 to 33.. the vol's are going to score over 30 points in the game.. i just hope we can score over 40 to win it.. if we can't the vols will beat us. not having shattle for the year is such a punch in the gut.. they really thought he would step in and be our starting boundary corner.. devin bowman is starting, we stink in the secondary.

Tennessee was in the game against uga last year. And could've won if not for that untimely fumble in OT

yep.. the vol's have lost 4 in a row to UGA and the last 3 were very very close.. i think this game mirrors what happened in 2 years ago.. a whole lot of scoring and we have to out score the vols.. if we don't we can lose this game.. when you has as bad of a secondary as we do you know you are giving up over 20 to 30 points a game.

ColumbusRednBlkDawg Featured

2 hours ago

So we got Tebow, alien head Finebaum, Penn Wagers and his crew of misfits, Luginbill, and the hillbilly fans all in Athens this weekend. I will pray for the Classic City.

(okay i take it back we are going to lose on saturday to the volunteers.. the above just was the sign i was looking for.. i have the vols winning 44 to 33)

God bowman! Anybody but him! Their ol can't stop our dl- and to be seen if they think they can stop our run game- sc and clem didn't. Is their d that great?

bowman starting said it all to me.. if pruitt doesn't give rico and terry a shot in a real game i will probably turn off the game. i saw rico in the preseason and he can get after it. he needs to be on the field imo. the issue for me is everything screams upset.. noon game. our secondary is atrocious and they can throw the ball. north is going to own our dbs. their strength is our weakness. also they can slow down gurley enough to make hutson beat them and i am not sure missing our 3 best wrs that our secondary guys are able to get the job done. right now i am picking an upset for the vols.