Bridgewater Is Water Under The Bridge

Theyhateme : )

While Bridewater impressed me (slightly), with the way he tossed the ball around and his running abilities, it will take a lot more than that to beat us on Sunday. Unless he has some Russell Wilson or Kapernieck in his bag of tricks, I'm thinking we should be fine and take the Win. I fully expect Nolan to scheme and get the rookie confused. Any thoughts?

While Bridewater impressed me (slightly), with the way he tossed the ball around and his running abilities, it will take a lot more than that to beat us on Sunday. Unless he has some Russell Wilson or Kapernieck in his bag of tricks, I'm thinking we should be fine and take the Win. I fully expect Nolan to scheme and get the rookie confused. Any thoughts?

I thought the same thing last season when we faced Geno Smith, but I guess we will see.

The Falcons defense has a history of playing terribly against rookie QBs under this regime.

The whole "this team(basically any team that needed a QB) should trade for Kirk Cousins" stuff started with him lighting up the Falcons defense after RG3 was knocked out of the game with a concussion during his rookie year.

I hope the Falcons defense comes out and dominate the Vikings but in no way that I'm confident in that happening.

some people think that bridge played "horribly", i just didn't see it...he isn't peyton manning but he played well for it to be his debut.

some people think that bridge played "horribly", i just didn't see it...he isn't peyton manning but he played well for it to be his debut.

Yeah, I think that Bridgewater played well for his 1st time in an NFL game.

He just had a lot of nervousness because he probably did not expect play so early because of Cassel getting hurt all of a sudden and he was a bit overwhelmed at times by the speed of the game.

He will get more settled down throughout a few weeks as he plays.

He just had a lot of nervousness because he probably did not expect play so early because of Cassel getting hurt all of a sudden and he was a bit overwhelmed at times by the speed of the game.

Yeah...those were the exact reasons why I felt like we'd catch him real good before he gets going. He looks ready...but a lil too shaky right now.

He just had a lot of nervousness because he probably did not expect play so early because of Cassel getting hurt all of a sudden and he was a bit overwhelmed at times by the speed of the game.

indeed! I saw it the same way....one of the modfathers around here doesn't see it that way

I should have figured someone would take it the wrong way. But their styles are similar. Teddy is a little bit lighter, but their scrambling abilities are pretty much the same, along with not so accurate passes. TB doesn't go through his progressions, and he doesn't have the luxury of Adrian Peterson, which will probably hurt his development. I think Teddy has a higher upside, but at this point, he has a lot of work to do.

Edited by dirtybird2k5