When You Repeatedly Get Beat By Bad Teams And Even Struggle When You Win, Does That Make You A Bad Team?

SyCo

I'll use any team for example

Let's say hmm ok the Saints.

Beat by the browns, sure

Beat by the Falcons. Overrated obviously, they got demolished against the lowly bengals

Struggled at home against the Vikes.

After three weeks, this team is 1 n 2. Does this poor start define the Saints as a bad team?

Beat by the browns, sure

Beat by the Falcons. Overrated obviously, they got demolished against the lowly bengals

After three weeks, this team is 1 n 2. Does this poor start define the Saints as a bad team?

Hmmm, this post seems very familiar

Nah the Saints are still a good team. They just had a rough start.

The Falcons have proved to be better than last year but how much better is the real question and

The Panthers started out stong but last night showed me that Cam needs to run with how bad our Oline is and to help the running game.

And the Bucs are well....the Bucs. I'm never buyin into their preseason hype ever again. Syco was right on the money with them.

I don't know what wire to wire means but it doesn't sound like struggle

Bell to bell? Start to finish? They never trailed in the game.

Week five ladies.

We will know around week five.

What we do know now.

1. Bengals look really, really good.

2. Seattle is good but maybe not as strong as last year.

3. Bucs suck.

4. and a whole lot of middle of the road teams at 1-2 and 2-1 to know anything.

This. All of it.

Beat by the browns, sure

Cute Post Award of the Day.

A true fishing expedition done in words.

Bravo Sir!

Just remember that lowly Saints team took the mighty Falcons all the way to the last play of the game in your house.

Cute Post Award of the Day.

A true fishing expedition done in words.

Bravo Sir!

Just remember that lowly Saints team took the mighty Falcons all the way to the last play of the game in your house.

I'll expand on this.

The Falcons struggled against a "bad" Saints team. (The premise of your thread.)

They got whooped by a good Bengals team.

They whipped a horrible Bucs team who have an F effort.

What does this say about the Falcons?

A win in the NFL is a win in the NFL but clearly the Saints, Falcons, Panthers, and Bucs have concerns. I could sit here and objectively evaluate all four teams but the homers won't like anything but ZOMG WE ARE SO FREAKING AWESOME!!

Any Falcon fan who is comfortable with our defense is insane.

Any Panther fan who is comfortable with that offensive line and secondary is insane.

Any Saint fan who are comfortable with their defense and offensive line is insane.

Any Bucs fan who isn't researching next years first round draft picks already is insane.

Being Objective.

Any Falcon fan who is comfortable with our defense is insane.

Any Panther fan who is comfortable with that offensive line and secondary is insane.

Any Saint fan who are comfortable with their defense and offensive line is insane.

Any Bucs fan who isn't researching next years first round draft picks already is insane.

Being Objective.

Ill add offensive line to the Falcons worries as well. I want to see them go up against a stout defense while healthy.

Edited by saints4life25

Ill add offensive line to the Falcons worries as well. I want to see them go up against a stout defense while healthy.

That is fair, I disagree but fair. In reality your right while not saying this to dismiss the saints defensive lineman I would like to see them face a strong front 7 while healthy to be sure.

But after last year and seeing Carolina's this week I am OK with them atm.

I'll expand on this.

The Falcons struggled against a "bad" Saints team. (The premise of your thread.)

They got whooped by a good Bengals team.

They whipped a horrible Bucs team who have an F effort.

What does this say about the Falcons?

Says they're pretty aweful. Any team losing to these clowns needs a complete over haul

That is fair, I disagree but fair. In reality your right while not saying this to dismiss the saints defensive lineman I would like to see them face a strong front 7 while healthy to be sure.

But after last year and seeing Carolina's this week I am OK with them atm.

Well the Saints line has struggled greatly this year. That's why I'm saying it. If they had created tons of pressure on the Browns and Vikings I wouldn't say anything about that oline.

Cam and Galette have actually done well creating pressure from the edge, but the interior of our line hasn't created any push up the middle. None. And I don't care how much edge pressure you get, if the QB can step up every time, it doesn't matter.

Well the Saints line has struggled greatly this year. That's why I'm saying it. If they had created tons of pressure on the Browns and Vikings I wouldn't say anything about that oline.

Cam and Galette have actually done well creating pressure from the edge, but the interior of our line hasn't created any push up the middle. None. And I don't care how much edge pressure you get, if the QB can step up every time, it doesn't matter.

No I whole heartily agree, but I do believe the Saints defensive line is better than your current record would indicate.

We will know more about your line at Dallas, there OL is not very strong the Saints should dominate with that front seven.

No I whole heartily agree, but I do believe the Saints defensive line is better than your current record would indicate.

We will know more about your line at Dallas, there OL is not very strong the Saints should dominate with that front seven.

The most frustrating thing is, outside of you guys tearing apart our man coverage, it's all just been miscommunications on defense. It seems like every time a pass is complete for more than 15 yards, somebody is just running free with no one close to them. It's maddening.

They clean that up and start getting some interior pressure, the defense will improve greatly.

Edited by saints4life25

The most frustrating thing is, outside of you guys tearing apart our man coverage, it's all just been miscommunications on defense. It seems like every time a pass is complete for more than 15 yards, somebody is just running free with no one close to them. It's maddening.

They clean that up and start getting some interior pressure, the defense will improve greatly.

That is how we have felt for a few years now playing you guys, i swear there was some games where it felt like no one was suppose to cover Jimmy Graham or Lance Moore.

So I can understand sadly and completely.