Lol At Falcons Fans Claiming Championship At 2-1

Kevo

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the point he was attempting to make is that if you play the probabilities, the outcome should have been favorable. Like this: on a 4th and 10, a wide open receiver drops what would have been a game winning TD in the endzone, that hit him in both hands. You would then probably say, we should have won that game. That's an obvious one but there is a sliding scale of probabilities. If I were to ask you which is a more likely plan to succeed: a completion to a wide receiver or a strip fumble by a DB, you'd reasonably say, the completion. Doesn't mean the strip fumble won't happen.

But the point is, we lost, we had our opportunities but did not capitalize on them. Credit to Atlanta for taking advantage of heir opportunities. They were the better team that day. But I understand the points he's making.

Aqg. Your theory, I guess, is the most ridiculous thing I've read on here.

Just wondering if you looked back at every Falcon drive to predict what would have happened if everything went as planned

I can tell you. Just look at the

SCORE BOARD *************

SCORE ******* BOARD!!#!

Aqg. Your theory, I guess, is the most ridiculous thing I've read on here.

Just wondering if you looked back at every Falcon drive to predict what would have happened if everything went as planned

I can tell you. Just look at the

SCORE BOARD *************

SCORE ******* BOARD!!#!

Oh! Ok. So these plays didn't happen? I suggest you watch the game again. I know no team has a perfect game. Teams have mishaps but these were far more than average. In a game like that those missed opportunities can come back to haunt you and they did us.

Again, I didn't predict anything. Just stated what happened. Unless you disagree that Brees under threw a wide open Morgan. I would like your view on that play.

I think the point he was attempting to make is that if you play the probabilities, the outcome should have been favorable. Like this: on a 4th and 10, a wide open receiver drops what would have been a game winning TD in the endzone, that hit him in both hands. You would then probably say, we should have won that game. That's an obvious one but there is a sliding scale of probabilities. If I were to ask you which is a more likely plan to succeed: a completion to a wide receiver or a strip fumble by a DB, you'd reasonably say, the completion. Doesn't mean the strip fumble won't happen.

But the point is, we lost, we had our opportunities but did not capitalize on them. Credit to Atlanta for taking advantage of heir opportunities. They were the better team that day. But I understand the points he's making.

Your 4th down example is what talking about. Any fan would say they would have won had that situation happened to them.

We had the opportunity and missed it. I made that post in response to some asking me what I meant by loss points and I backed it up. They say I game can come down to a few plays. It's not an excuse. It's what happened.

Edited by Aquietguy

Oh! Ok. So these plays didn't happen? I suggest you watch the game again. I know no team has a perfect game. Teams have mishaps but these were far more than average. In a game like that those missed opportunities can come back to haunt you and they did us.

Again, I didn't predict anything. Just stated what happened. Unless you disagree that Brees under threw a wide open Morgan. I would like your view on that play.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the point your making. I thought you were saying you should have won the game had it not been for the mistakes. If that's the case you have to give the other team the same credit. Atlanta made enough mistakes to lose the game but won. A mistake free game and we'd be scoring 60 points a game

Don't know what game you were watching but sure.

Our first drive. We were 2nd and 14 at about your 22. Graham was open and I don't know what in the world Brees was throwing at. There was no one behind him. We get 3 losing 4.

Second drive, Brees under throws Morgan so badly that the defender is able to knock the ball away while Morgan had to stop and wait for the ball a yard in the endzone. We get 3 losing another 4.

The Brees int drive. He was picked off because he didn't lead Cooks like he should have. It would have been threading the needle but you expect a 100 million QB to make that throw. He's done it many times before. That's another 7 points lost.

Jones fumbles after being tackled at our 4. Assuming you score a TD that's a difference of 8 points. Factor that in with your last drive to tie the game. You'd need a TD, 2 point conversion, onside kick, and a fieldgoal to tie the game. Highly unlikely.

SaintsRecord.jpg

I put this somewhere else but this was where i meant to originally post it. If yo actually know who Chris Everett is, this post doesn't apply to you!

cant wait to hear you crybaby baghead fans,clawless ***** cats,and yuck fans start crying and say the falcons played a soft schedule when we end up 12-4 nfc south champs .and the thing about it is we all play basically the same schedule just like 2012 when we were 13-3 and you clowns said we had a soft schedule.yall were right.we played yalls crappy teams twice!!!!!! .LOSERS!!!!! Devin Hester the best free agent pick up of the year.he will have a monster game against the bears.mark it down...BRA!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad everyone else sees the fallacy in the what if game. You either do or do not. The team still has to go out an execute. Plenty of drives are stopped when the receiver drops the ball or a less than perfect pass is thrown. It's is what happens. Saying "well, we normally make those is correct., there is a high percentage chance you normally do. But sometimes you don't, and that's part of it also.

Normally Michael Jordan made his free throws...normally. He was like a lifetime 77% free throw shooter or something like that. That doesn't mean he goes out and makes EVERY, LAST ONE.

What makes a star player is the ability to have a high percentage of success. What makes a superstar player is the ability to have a high percentage of success, during critical/high stress moments. Drew Brees is a superstar player who has performed with a high degree of success under high stress moments. Matt Ryan is a Star player who has performed to a high degree of success, some under great stress, but still needs to do it at the moments of the greatest amount of stress. And that right there is the definition of elite. Consistency of success during normal moments and moments of high stress.

All that being said, no QB, no receiver no one is perfect and failures happen. I knew if we could get Brees into 3rd down situations, then the odds rolled back to us for a moment when execution of play failed. We should always be trying to get him in that moment, because the stress is just not on Brees, but everyone on the offense. We just needed to stop them a few times during the game at those moments. If he is having great success on 1st and 2nd down, then we are screwed and it's a true shoot out.

So to sum up, no, there are no guarantees your team makes those plays, just percentages of success. The percentages are high, but there is still a mischance, especially if the defense is playing a higher level. So know, you didn't leave points on the field like you said, instead, you probably stayed consistent without too much variance in your offenses normal success percentages.

• 1 month later...

cant wait to hear you crybaby baghead fans,clawless ***** cats,and yuck fans start crying and say the falcons played a soft schedule when we end up 12-4 nfc south champs .and the thing about it is we all play basically the same schedule just like 2012 when we were 13-3 and you clowns said we had a soft schedule.yall were right.we played yalls crappy teams twice!!!!!! .LOSERS!!!!! Devin Hester the best free agent pick up of the year.he will have a monster game against the bears.mark it down...BRA!!!!!!!!!!

Intriguing.