Looking Back On Thursday Night

Miller2Rison

OK so we completly stomped a division rival inside the dome. i went back and looked at Tampa's schedule to start the season and they had a chance to win both of the games they lost before us, 20-14 loss against Carolina who currently leads the divison with a 2-0 record but a loss against Pittsburg could put us back on top of the division to start the season. The Saints sit at 0-2 and will most likely get their first win Sunday against the Vikings.

At 2-1, 2-0 against the confrence, and 2-0 against the division, we couldnt ask for a better start to the season, even with coming out flat against a very good Bengals team.

We beat our most hated division rival to start the season at home then we stomped another division rival on prime time t.v. so now we are also 2-0 against the confrence 2-0 against the division and 2-0 at home.

we do struggle on the road, we always have in the MS era but as long as we can win half of our road games we are looking good.

we need to win 6 of our home games, with a 6-2 home record and a 4-4 road record we will be looking good.

biggest concerns are obviously defense, now idk about yall but against tampa after the 21-0 lead i was waiting for our usual implosion but for the first time we kept our foot and the gas and didnt let up. keep in mind our #1 WR did not play against Tampa.

we still have to play Arizona, Pittsburg, Baltimore, Cleveland plus New Orleans again, the Panthers twice, and Tampa again who will be looking forward to a revenge game at home. Not to mention, the Lions in London.

Our offense has looked great in 2 out of 3 games but our defense only 1 out of 3 games, hopefully we gel on defense as the season goes along.

The defense really stepped up Thursday night. We constantly had guys in the backfield. The pressure was there all night long. Its easy to write off the team after two games, but everyone has to remember that we have four or five different defensive starters. And it may just be that they need some time to play together to get better. Tampa is still a professional NFL team. And we dismantled them.

But the fact is, we have one of the most explosive, if not thee most explosive offenses in the NFL. And if the line can get MR2 time, along with his improved footwork, this team is going to be one of the better teams in the NFL.

Very good chance of winning: At Vikings, At Giants, At Bucs, Browns at Home

Should be favored to win: Bears at Home, Steelers at Home, Lions in London

Toss up games: At Panthers, Cardinals at Home, At Packers, At Saints, Panthers at Home

Will probably lose: At Ravens

The schedule isn't really daunting, I could see the Cardinals and Ravens giving the Falcons a lot of trouble in the trenches but this team should be good enough to at least get a Wild-card spot (barring injury, knock on wood).

Edited by MilleniumFalcon

Toss up games: At Panthers, Cardinals at Home, At Packers, At Saints, Panthers at Home

The schedule isn't really daunting, I could see the Cardinals and Ravens giving the Falcons a lot of trouble in the trenches but this team should be good enough to at least get a Wild-card spot (barring injury, knock on wood).

If we can go 6-1 in the Dome, we probably make the playoff even going 4-5 away. 10-6 teams do get shut out, but not often and besides, I think we can go 11-5 and win the Division if we can go 1-1 against Carolina

Why will we probably lose to the Ravens? We have always matched up well against them and they are not nearly as good without Ray Rice. There are tougher games than that on our schedule. I'm more worried about @NO and @Car than the Ravens.

The defense really stepped up Thursday night. We constantly had guys in the backfield. The pressure was there all night long. Its easy to write off the team after two games, but everyone has to remember that we have four or five different defensive starters. And it may just be that they need some time to play together to get better. Tampa is still a professional NFL team. And we dismantled them.

But the fact is, we have one of the most explosive, if not thee most explosive offenses in the NFL. And if the line can get MR2 time, along with his improved footwork, this team is going to be one of the better teams in the NFL.

As this year progresses, our defense should get better as well. Next year with a few key additions and the return of Spoon, our defense will get much better. I hope we get a pure pass rusher first round of the draft, hopefully one with a skill set similar to DeMarcus Ware.

Why will we probably lose to the Ravens? We have always matched up well against them and they are not nearly as good without Ray Rice. There are tougher games than that on our schedule. I'm more worried about @NO and @Car than the Ravens.

Because I expect the offense to struggle against their Defense (much like against the Bengals). Their offense isn't as good but the Falcons on the road against a good defense doesn't give me much confidence in winning the game.

I worry about Arizona. That defense owns us.. Matt Ryan's is horrible vs them.

Yeah. Ryan's got a bad history with that bunch, but even beyond the Cards, I don't see a push-over anywhere left in the first half of the season, and I'm including Cleveland. Our defense could improve and our offense could play decent and we could still easily lose four or five of these upcoming games. Really looking forward to this game vs the Vikings. We get to see how we do on the road after a seemingly huge breakthrough game this week where we stepped it up big time on both sides of the ball.

Too early to say, but I think we go honestly go 9-7 and maybe 10-6. We got the toughest schedule in the division, and we got one home game in 7-9 weeks I believe. Nolan hopefully learns from this game, shores up the tackling, and hopefully stop opponents, especially on the road. Our offense should be able to pick apart New York and Minnesota, so we should be able to get something going on the road against those 2. After the bye, we have two tough games against division rivals outside the Dome, against Car and TB, and the schedule gets even tougher.