Looking Ahead Next Year: I'd Go Ot Again Followed By An Ilb

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's See what we have in mass and Mop first( pending this staff actually gives em a chance,prob will get the Sidbury treatment tho) then we can see what our true needs are but as of this moment. I would double dip at Pass rushers either by signing one and drafting one in the top 2 rounds or drafting em back to back, then address RT,ILB,G

Exactly. :lol:

Costner would've been fired the very next day if he tried to pull that **** in today's NFL.

but what if Costner was a gm and pull of that deal, he would look like a genious no? 2 top picks and he gave up 2nd round picks, and a star Return man in return as well. Still would look better than what Washington gave up for RG3 ha
Guest facelessman07

Why are people even mentioning S as a position of need when Lowery is playing fine and we're yet to see what southward can do and Ishmael looks like he could possibly be a starter also?

True, ISH has looked good. I'd just like to see us build a D the way Rivera has in Carolina, invest HEAVILY in the front 7. They have average to subpar players in the secondary yet their D is as strong as ever

True, ISH has looked good. I'd just like to see us build a D the way Rivera has in Carolina, invest HEAVILY in the front 7. They have average to subpar players in the secondary yet their D is as strong as ever

I couldn't argue with that.

Like you said, invest heavily in the front 7, and combine that with our secondary and we might have something goin' folks.

Guest facelessman07

I couldn't argue with that.

Like you said, invest heavily in the front 7, and combine that with our secondary and we might have something goin' folks.

It just goes to show how important it is to have a line that can pressure without having to blitz constantly. They don't have to blitz, we do and we get burnt because even then we lack in pressure.

Rivera has been there since 2011 and has done amazing work. Granted, some of those pieces were there before he was hired but still, it is a testament to great coaching how you can lose players like Hardy, have a mediocre secondary (featuring our golden boy DeCoud) and STILL shut down Megatron and pass happy Detroit. Very jealous of their D

Hopefully we resign Peters, and snag a big name off the FA market like Houston or Orakpo. Also possibly reign Lowery if he plays well enough.

Then in the draft:

1st: DE/OLB, someone that can fit the Mike Nolan scheme and be interchangeable. Khalil Mack-like.

2nd: RT, Lamar Holmes runs so hot and cold, sometimes he shows promise and other times I don't even want him on the field. Pick up a solid RT that can grow into a long-time starter

3rd: RB, S-Jax isnt the player he once was, and Devonta Freeman isnt the thumper Jackson is. Bring in a 5'10-6'0, 220lb+ workhorse here.

4th: OLB, Spruill? Smallwood? Starr? How about we take someone with more production and hope he can be as good as Shembo has been so far.

5th: TE, at this point our chances of finding a Graham/Gronk are really low, but it would be interesting to add a TE with speed to give Ryan yet another weapon.

6th: WR, our corps seems stacked right now, but remember we still have Weems( phenomenal ST player) and Roby on the final 53. That could be upgraded.

7th: Anyone really, Matt Bryant is getting old and may decide to hang up the cleats. Could possibly have our pick of the lot on the kickers.

With Kroy and hopefully Bakers contracts off the books. Ditch Sjax and Osi for cap space,we can have a decent FA pass rusher. Then draft another in the 1st round if we don't make a move for Gurley

If we make a move for Gurley (assuming that'd have to be in the 1st round) then I will pull my hair out and wonder why in the world we did that lol.

Everything else you said though, I concur.

Why are people even mentioning S as a position of need when Lowery is playing fine and we're yet to see what southward can do and Ishmael looks like he could possibly be a starter also?

Lowery's decent enough but injured a lot and could be upgraded regardless. Obviously if South or Ish are up for it then great, cross it off. We don't know if they are yet or not though.

Lowery has looked ok, Ismael has flashed but can't take the job from Lowery. Southward is a complete unknown. A stud FS impacts games.

Those are the reasons I'm talkin bout FS ;)