I Am Worried Tony Is Going To Come Crawling Back At Some Point.

FalconBlood

1. If we sign Tony G. for money we could be using to pay a helpful defensive end or rush linebacker, through trade or whatever, I will be upset.
  2. I really feel Tony G's high number of targets hold this offenses explosive ability back.
  3. If Tony did come back, I would hope Ryan still spreads the ball around and simply gets rid of Toilolo's targets and not much more.
  4. I can't imagine Tony G. didn't think about being on this team last night. I would give this not happening a 0.001% chance.
  5. I am pretty sure we have cap space (correct?) and I want us to use it and to grab a pass rusher, in whatever way necessary. NOT pay Tony G down the line.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope so. Did you watch that interview? Ryan still seems smitten.

And why not, HoF TE that was old reliable for Ryan for years here. On top of that it seems like he's a thoroughly likable fellow considering all the friends he made around the branch. Doesn't mean he wants to come back or we want him back though.

Hope so. Did you watch that interview? Ryan still seems smitten.

Well they are good friends. So I wouldn't look to much into that.

I could live with it on a few stipulations.

1. He plays for next to nothing

2. He plays on our terms, not his

3. He is only used on occasion in 3rd down situations and doesn't ever make a peep about it. (This is an extension of #2)

Those will never happen so there is that.

And why not, HoF TE that was old reliable for Ryan for years here. On top of that it seems like he's a thoroughly likable fellow considering all the friends he made around the branch. Doesn't mean he wants to come back or we want him back though.

Even hard knocks gave me the impression that Tony was welcome back if he so chose.

Well they are good friends. So I wouldn't look to much into that.

I could live with it on a few stipulations.

1. He plays for next to nothing

2. He plays on our terms, not his

3. He is only used on occasion in 3rd down situations and doesn't ever make a peep about it. (This is an extension of #2)

Those will never happen so there is that.

I completely agree that I could be looking at that interview from the worst angle.. But you could certainly watch it from another point of view and not be nervous about a Tony G signing for sure. Those stipulations agreed wouldn't happen.

Tony isn't coming back. I seriously doubt his routine is nearly what it was when he was playing, and he was slowing way down even when he did have that epic routine he passed on to Toilolo. Even if he was still 100% fit he was released by the organization, and I'm pretty sure TD and Smitty weren't very happy with the way he was putting us off at the end not retiring, which would've cost up cap space if we hadn't released him. Toilolo isn't Tony G but he's been filling in nicely to compliment this ridiculous number of good receivers we have. I doubt they stunt his progression by taking away his snaps for Mr. Slow just cause he has soft hands. Were much more electric without him, he isn't coming back.

Careful with that word "know." None of us here "know" much of anything. All that I have is speculation based on what I've heard read, and think. Based on all that, that's how I see it making the most sense. I could lay out why, if you want me too.

Not even trying to be testy. I was literally just wondering if this was supported with something. It'd make me happy if true.

Not even trying to be testy. I was literally just wondering if this was supported with something. It'd make me happy if true.

Oh, I'm not either. I just didn't want it misconstrued that I had any documented evidence, stating this. He just seems to be fine, whenever talking to or about players. I find it hard to believe that he's mad at them. The FO on the other hand, based on what we heard of his dissatisfaction during 2013, he sees as being responsible for ruining his last season, as well as being unwilling to trade him, and then wanting to bench him for what was left of his last season. He also then "forgot' to file his retirement papers, forcing us to cut him, and giving him the ability to sign with any team, rather than just us. That's the way that I see it anyway.

Oh, I'm not either. I just didn't want it misconstrued that I had any documented evidence, stating this. He just seems to be fine, whenever talking to or about players. I find it hard to believe that he's mad at them. The FO on the other hand, based on what we heard of his dissatisfaction during 2013, he sees as being responsible for ruining his last season, as well as being unwilling to trade him, and then wanting to bench him for what was left of his last season. He also then "forgot' to file his retirement papers, forcing us to cut him, and giving him the ability to sign with any team, rather than just us. That's the way that I see it anyway.

I've never seen the factual evidence to this. But of course, if it's on the internet, it must be true....

I've never seen the factual evidence to this. But of course, if it's on the internet, it must be true....

Any of it. He looked pretty hyped up last night. He looked glad to be back in Atlanta again. I just don't see it. I bet he was frustrated with how the season played out. Everybody was. The coaches, the players, the fans, even the owner. But I just don't see the bad blood that is supposedly supposed to be there between TG and the Atlanta Falcons.