Tks12 , A Fan From Australia Has A Few Questions For Everyone About The Cardinals Game!

Tuggle'2

Thanks everyone for the advice... I wish I had of organised myself better and allocated the whole weekend to stay in atlanta! But I'm so excited to see a falcons game live, the way things are going it could turn out to be a crucial game against the cardinals! I just hope we get the win

I am curious as to how you came to be a Falcon fan. Since we aren't media darlings we don't have a widespread following unless there is a "story".

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am curious as to how you came to be a Falcon fan. Since we aren't media darlings we don't have a widespread following unless there is a "story".

To be honest I started following NFL 2 seasons ago after 2012.. I saw the falcons missed the superbowl by a couple of points, looked through the history and saw they've never won a superbowl so that's basically it! I was regretting it last season but what's the fun in picking a side like the broncos or 49ers like everyone does..

Im happy been a falcons fan but I have noticed on the shows they play back here like NFL Live on ESPN, I don't think they've mentioned the falcons once ever!

Edited by TKS12

To be honest I started following NFL 2 seasons ago after 2012.. I saw the falcons missed the superbowl by a couple of points, looked through the history and saw they've never won a superbowl so that's basically it! I was regretting it last season but what's the fun in picking a side like the broncos or 49ers like everyone does..

Im happy been a falcons fan but I have noticed on the shows they play back here like NFL Live on ESPN, I don't think they've mentioned the falcons once ever!

Exactly which is why I hate all these Cowboys, Packers, and Steelers fans who only choose to be a fan of the team because they won a lot. Where is the loyalty in that.

Edited by demfalconsboyz

What's the go with tailgating ? How does it work ? Is it a bit weird for randoms to show up ? Haha. Just wondering how it works ... Thanks again for everyone's help & advice!

You could definitely walk around and find some tailgaters that would welcome you. They will be all along Northside Drive which is west of the Dome as well as sites north and south. You can get to them all by foot. There will be a large Atlanta police presence that will point you in the right direction. I would recommend entering the dome no later than 30 min before game to take pictures of team on field.

Yeah we only arrive at 10am so would only have 2-3 hours to have a look around. .. Might head straight to a bar haha

You might get more of the true GDE (Game Day Experience) to find some tailgaters and spend your time getting to know some of the fans while enjoying down home southern hospitality. Those few hours you have would otherwise be hard to, effectively, use prior to the game. I'm sure there are folks, here, on TATF that would be happy to help make your day representative of what we call fun.

Not a great deal, I'm not a huge basketball fan..

I also just got my tickets for the game... Think I'm sitting section 119 row 3 ? They seem like good seats ?

You'll enjoy those seats for sure! The Botanical Garden is also good, but may not be much going on in November. The Highland area is also always fun if you enjoy good times.

Jump on Marta from the airport. Go directly to the dome (two different stops.. both close) Walk around and check out the tailgates in the parking lots. Go talk to these people! Introduce yourselves, ask them what to do until game time... they will probably tell you tailgate before the game. If they don't, move on to the next tailgate. ;)

And yes, random people do walk up to tailgates... some charge a minimal fee for food etc... It is always a good time! Lots of good stories!

There are people on TATF that set up tailgates... ask around.

Good luck! If I were you, i'd just hang out at the dome and tailgate! (Southern Hospitality and all)

Jump on Marta from the airport. Go directly to the dome (two different stops.. both close) Walk around and check out the tailgates in the parking lots. Go talk to these people! Introduce yourselves, ask them what to do until game time... they will probably tell you tailgate before the game. If they don't, move on to the next tailgate. wink.png

And yes, random people do walk up to tailgates... some charge a minimal fee for food etc... It is always a good time! Lots of good stories!

There are people on TATF that set up tailgates... ask around.

Good luck! If I were you, i'd just hang out at the dome and tailgate! (Southern Hospitality and all)

Best post by far.......... To bad you do not have time to go to the Cheetah club......... Best one in the south.........

Good luck and Cheers...........

We have a long running established tailgate. One of the best in Atlanta IMO. Your welcome to drop in with us, it's 25.00 for all you can eat/drink and we have everything you could want. Including a live DJ at every tailgate.

The ATL Falcoholics are also another good tailgate. It's a lot of fun so relax and enjoy it. Don't stress!

We have a long running established tailgate. One of the best in Atlanta IMO. Your welcome to drop in with us, it's 25.00 for all you can eat/drink and we have everything you could want. Including a live DJ at every tailgate.

The ATL Falcoholics are also another good tailgate. It's a lot of fun so relax and enjoy it. Don't stress!

I'm only 23 so that sounds like my sort of thing! If you don't mind I'll drop you PM closer to the game and work out the details. Thanks again to everyone!

• 2 months later...

I'm making the trip next week! I'm pretty exited to see the falcons in the dome, but today's efforts have put a dampener on it! I was bloody filthy sitting there at the redskins/49ers game listening to it via the NFL app, sad thing was I wasn't even suprised how it went down! Anyway im hoping there'll be a decent turn out next week, although I wouldn't blame people for staying away.. Fingers crossed the saints get done n there's something to play for and a reason to turn up for next week!

Edited by TKS12