Tks12 , A Fan From Australia Has A Few Questions For Everyone About The Cardinals Game!

Tuggle'2

"Hey, I was hoping to post a new topic to ask people about this but I'm not authorized to do so. I'm from australia and I'm coming to the states in November/December and I'm doing a day trip from New York to atlanta to come see the game against the cardinals.. Was hoping to get some ideas off people to see what to so before the game and other things that might be worthwhile ?

Cheers thanks!"

Posting this on his behalf because he doesn't have the required amount of posts to start his own thread. If anyone could help him out please do.

Floor is yours my fellow Falcon fan from Down Under. happy.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Negatorris

Well I don't know how much free time you'll have before the game but you can go check out the GA Aquarium. If you're into college football, there's the College Football Hall of Fame downtown too.

He's a weird question that you may or may not be able to answer but do they tailgate in other countries? Frankly I've always just assumed that (European) soccer fans come straight from a nearby pub before a matches as opposed to grilling out with store bought alcohol.I guess I've never put that much thought into it.

Well I don't know how much free time you'll have before the game but you can go check out the GA Aquarium. If you're into college football, there's the College Football Hall of Fame downtown too.

Yeah we only arrive at 10am so would only have 2-3 hours to have a look around. .. Might head straight to a bar haha

He's a weird question that you may or may not be able to answer but do they tailgate in other countries? Frankly I've always just assumed that (European) soccer fans come straight from a nearby pub before a matches as opposed to grilling out with store bought alcohol.I guess I've never put that much thought into it.

Well I follow AFL here and a lot of people used to have BBQ's in the car park with a few beers but no'one really does it anymore. Im from melbourne and there is no real pre-game rituals here which is pretty boring!

I hate saying this, but can you spend that time in NYC before coming down to ATL for the game? If so, I would strongly recommend doing that. NYC is like nothing else in the world. Atlanta is just alright.

I'm spending a week in NYC so I'll have plenty of time in the other 6 days to have a look around.. Well that's how I sold it to my mrs about taking a day trip to see the falcons.. I thought if I'm going all this way to the states I've gotta see them play!

Edited by TKS12

Not really what used to happen when fans go to big Rugby games back in the day they used to do a pub crawl basically start at our Railway station and do as many bars as you could before you hit the venue,this would probably start at 10amish in the morning for a 2.30-3pm kick-off.

Hazard to say everyone was pretty happy before game time.Mind you now these days they have clamped down on this sought of shinanagens so its very watered down and pc now.

Not really what used to happen when fans go to big Rugby games back in the day they used to do a pub crawl basically start at our Railway station and do as many bars as you could before you hit the venue,this would probably start at 10amish in the morning for a 2.30-3pm kick-off.

Hazard to say everyone was pretty happy before game time.Mind you now these days they have clamped down on this sought of shinanagens so its very watered down and pc now.

That actually sounds pretty awsome, thats similar to what me and my buddies do for out of town college football games.

From what I've read you're arriving at 10. By the time you get through the airport and ride the train in to downtown (assumption), it will be close to noon.

I recommend exiting at 5 points station, walk down Marietta St. To centennial park. Walk around take pictures of outside of aquarium, coke museum, etc. You will have time to visit Coke museum. I actually have not been to the new one but hear it is cool. Walk through CNN center to Falcons Landing and enjoy before entering game. You may also have time for a CNN tour which I recommend researching to see if you can schedule in advance as this will be a popular weekend (Sunday after thanksgiving) and later kick off of 4:05.

You could also exit at georgia dome station. However, by the time you change trains you could walk up the street from five points.

I recently moved from Atl to NYC area and am flying in for a few games. Coming in for this one as well.

Thanks everyone for the advice... I wish I had of organised myself better and allocated the whole weekend to stay in atlanta! But I'm so excited to see a falcons game live, the way things are going it could turn out to be a crucial game against the cardinals! I just hope we get the win