Roddy Is Right, 30 Points A Game...

Supes™

The D stepped up Thursday night and made some plays. We even got the sack monkey off our back! That was good to see! But if we can make it to the playoffs, it ain't gonna be the D that gets us there. It's gonna be our offense. When Matt and the boys are clicking, they are the very definition of "explosive". Unstoppable. Relentless Too much! So many weapons and so little time! smile.png

And then there's Special Teams. Devin Hester. I know he ain't just Special Teams, but how fortunate are we to have landed Devin? Give Dimitroff his due, right?

The D just has to be decent. Teams are gonna score on us, but can we outscore them? That's the $64.00 question. Put up 30 points average a game and you're gonna win most of 'em. As it stands after 3 games, we're averaging 35.6 points per game! I'm not much good at math, but THAT'S A LOT! ohmy.png

The old adage is; "Defense Wins Championships." Well, this is the 'new' NFL. The league has made it very friendly to offense, especially in passing. High scores are exciting and that's exactly what our offense is built to do,...score a lot of points. The D doesn't have to be the '85 Bears. They just need to be, as Smitty says, "resilient". We need to roll with what we do best,...score a bunch of points! Agree or disagree?

Roddy is a prophet! I want Seattle to miss the playoffs. I doubt they will, but I am hoping they get brought back to earth.

The Seahawks defense is not looking dominant right now like last season so I think that they are more vulnerable than what people think. Phillip Rivers carved them up a bit and Peyton will be looking for revenge Sunday.

The Seahawks defense is not looking dominant right now like last season so I think that they are more vulnerable than what people think. Phillip Rivers carved them up a bit and Peyton will be looking for revenge Sunday.

That's gonna be the game to watch! And yes, Rivers and his receivers EXPOSED Sherman. But maybe Richard just had a bad day? It happens. But one of the great things about the Seahawks D is their O and the way they move the ball and keep their D off the field.. We can do the same dam thing if we're clicking.

That's gonna be the game to watch! And yes, Rivers and his receivers EXPOSED Sherman. But maybe Richard just had a bad day? It happens. But one of the great things about the Seahawks D is their O and the way they move the ball and keep their D off the field.. We can do the same dam thing if we're clicking.

If the o-line stays healthy and continues to block well, this Falcons defense is tailor made to give the Seahawks defense a hard time. The Chargers spreaded them out and attacked them in many one on one situations. Sherman struggles against WRs that have blazing speed or quick route releases off the snap because he has to get his hands on the WR to redirect their routes and slow them down. That is why he struggled big time against TY Hilton during a game last season vs the Colts and was beaten by Roddy in the playoffs 2 years ago.

The Seahawks corners are big and strong but lack deep speed to just run with WRs. Earl Thomas can also be had in coverage despite what all the media says. He has good instincts but is not that great in one on one coverage. Need to find mismatches and attack their LBs as well.

The key to beating the Seahawks defense starts with just slowing down their front four a bit, then there will be mismatches in coverage that can be exploited often and aggressively at times.

I would love for Jackson to run tough like he did vs the Bucs, it would throw their defense off a bit.

[quote name=FalconBlood' timestamp='1411192356'

post='8820125]Roddy needs to help us and not be hurt. Get well buddy!

Glad we decided to sit Roddy last week! In retrospect that was a very good decision since we laid a historical beatdown on a division rival without even risking his health. I don't mind if we have to sit him several more weeks, we need Roddy to be healthy later.

I agree with you...BUT, I live in Denver and saw what can happen when a Great Defense/Average Offense (Seattle) meets a Great Offense/Average Defense (Denver). Defense still wins championships. This week's rematch will be interesting.

I hope you are correct!!!!

Atl gave Denver the blueprint how to beat the Hawks when we beat them in the playoffs and they didn't use it. They kept their wr's outside and never brought them in tight. Sherm complained about that after the loss stating the only way our wr's could get open was playing tight. I say that's good coaching and finding a kink in their armour. And with the offensive weapons we have we could pose a serious threat to them or any defense if we come to play.

Side note we're tough to beat at home so it's beat for us to try and have homefield again.

Defense still, and always will, win championships.

Ask the 2013 Denver Broncos.

The problem with Denver last season and any Peyton Manning playoff team is they always want HIM to win the game. Let the rb's run the ball in those type of games. I've seen where edgerin james was killing Pitt every time he carried the ball but they wouldn't commit to the run. They tried to throw it around. When he won a SB they HAD to run the ball with Adai because the weather was so bad.

Same with John elway. He could throw the Broncos to a SB but couldn't win one until he got Davis. Even Aaron Rodgers SB win was a balanced attack. If we get to the SB this year it can't just be the Matty ice show. It has to be balanced with the 4 horsemen carrying the ball. SB's are won by running the ball and stopping the run making the other team one dimensional.

There has been teams like us that have won a SB. The Rams had a high octane offense like us with an adequate defense like us. The saints was another. Colts another. We all have to play with a lead. We're not built to play from behind. We can keep up if it's close. Also can't turn the ball over in the playoffs.

The problem with Denver last season and any Peyton Manning playoff team is they always want HIM to win the game. Let the rb's run the ball in those type of games. I've seen where edgerin james was killing Pitt every time he carried the ball but they wouldn't commit to the run. They tried to throw it around. When he won a SB they HAD to run the ball with Adai because the weather was so bad.

Same with John elway. He could throw the Broncos to a SB but couldn't win one until he got Davis. Even Aaron Rodgers SB win was a balanced attack. If we get to the SB this year it can't just be the Matty ice show. It has to be balanced with the 4 horsemen carrying the ball. SB's are won by running the ball and stopping the run making the other team one dimensional.

There has been teams like us that have won a SB. The Rams had a high octane offense like us with an adequate defense like us. The saints was another. Colts another. We all have to play with a lead. We're not built to play from behind. We can keep up if it's close. Also can't turn the ball over in the playoffs.

good to see a few people around with a little common sense

good to see a few people around with a little common sense

I'm all about common sense bro and I'm def not gonna say Matt can win a SB on his shoulders alone because I haven't seen it yet in a SB. Every SB winning qb had help from his running game with a balanced attack, won the turnover ratio and played sound defense. Brett Favre even had a balanced attack. He didn't just throw it around.

I'm all about common sense bro and I'm def not gonna say Matt can win a SB on his shoulders alone because I haven't seen it yet in a SB. Every SB winning qb had help from his running game with a balanced attack, won the turnover ratio and played sound defense. Brett Favre even had a balanced attack. He didn't just throw it around.

completely agree. Seahawks just had one **** of a defense on their side last year. Got a fast start and never took the foot off. That only happens every so many years

Pretty sure Green Bay had a top 10 defense the year they won the SB with Aaron Rodgers. In fact they won the SB because of a defensive stop.

Edited by JerseyNo12

Pretty sure Green Bay had a top 10 defense the year they won the SB with Aaron Rodgers. In fact they won the SB because of a defensive stop.

I did t mention GB's defense. My point was they didn't throw it all over the place. They had a balanced attack and that's how they beat a Steelers defense that was #1 that year I believe. You can't just count on a qb to win the game by himself. It's about having a balanced attack. Had Rodgers just thrown the ball around they likely would've lost against a defense like the steelers at that time.