Some Props To A Guy That Has Been On The Upswing Since Pre Season Yet Seldom Mentioned

jdawg4876

Im talking about 7th rounder and back up safety Ishmael. dude has been getting better every game. he has no fear to lay the hammer just like willy mo, and is prob one of our best tacklers on defense. he is really good in run support and his pass coverage skills have steadily been improving each game. I know it was against a journeyman qb but that int was beautiful he looked the ball in and quickly hit the afterburners for a td

Im talking about 7th rounder and back up safety Ishmael. dude has been getting better every game. he has no fear to lay the hammer just like willy mo, and is prob one of our best tacklers on defense. he is really good in run support and his pass coverage skills have steadily been improving each game. I know it was against a journeyman qb but that int was beautiful he looked the ball in and quickly hit the afterburners for a td

I've prayed that he'd get more snaps. Met this guy numerous times when he was at UCF and was so happy for him when he got that pick 6. biggrin.png

I wouldnt go that far but he def needs to improve

He looks like doodoo to me. Missed tackles, dropped picks, blown coverages, no impact plays. And the whiff in CIN last week was just down right embarrassing. I just checked his PFF overall ratings. They've steadily gone down since he signed the fat tract. The only defender with a lower overall rating in 2014 is Kroy Zolciak.

I was just reading through the 'what they said' headline, and he had a good quote in there on the pick 6, that was pretty darn impressive:

"on his pick-six interception return: “It was the perfect alignment. We worked on this in practice, when studying their routes. I noticed it, recognized it and when I saw the opportunity, I jumped in there and made a play."

glad to see the time in the film room paying off with a guy who's obviously smart enough to learn from it and use it.....