I Was So Wrong About S.jax....

Theyhateme : )

I like him in short yardage situations and goalline situations. Still would like a better primary back but Im fine with him and Quizz getting the bulk of the carries. Antone and Freeman aren't reliable enough

Freeman will be eventually just not yet. Anyway j appreciate SJax's effort

I couldn't believe they took Jackson out twice inside the 10 in favor of Quizz.

Thank you for admitting your wrongness. All SJax supporters appreciate it and accept your apology.

LOLOL...I mean...with his art and pretty boy physique...I just didn't get the impression that he was serious. But he was smashing into defenders last night. I'll still call him out as I do all of our players, but I now feel like I can defend him as well.

LOLOL...I mean...with his art and pretty boy physique...I just didn't get the impression that he was serious. But he was smashing into defenders last night. I'll still call him out as I do all of our players, but I now feel like I can defend him as well.

And you should. But now you understand the meaning of a "Power running game". Wearing defenses down.

And you should. But now you understand the meaning of a "Power running game". Wearing defenses down.

Also putting 8 and 9 in the box to open it up for Matt and crew. Even in Turners down years he still forced 8 or 9 because you HAVE to respect him. Speed guys aren't always good starters. Antone isn't a starter. Great change of pace. Freeman is an eventual starter once he learns a bit more under jackson like he did under Faulk.

When I think of power run game...I think of power AND speed. I've watched...William Andrews, J. Anderson, Turner....they had the speed to hit the hole and the power to run you over...Jax, right now...does not have the speed. But its okay...he was scooting a lil between the tackles. So no complaints.

When I think of power run game...I think of power AND speed. I've watched...William Andrews, J. Anderson, Turner....they had the speed to hit the hole and the power to run you over...Jax, right now...does not have the speed. But its okay...he was scooting a lil between the tackles. So no complaints.

Not all "power" backs has speed (like YOU think they should have). Did Jerome Bettis have speed? But he was very effective in wearing down the defenses with his runs. And his bruising runs helped the Steelers win a SB before he retired.

Jamal Anderson was painfully slow. It actually is why he was so effective that one year. The hole had time to develop.

You also have to take in account Taller guys LOOK slower than shorter guys. Hester LOOKS faster than Julio at sight because he takes lesser quicker steps. Long guys have longer strides but if you REALLY look at the long runs he's broken he was running passed guys before somebody grabs his legs and they gang tackle him. Turner was 5'10. Took many more steps than SJax.

I'm not only an ex football player but I also ran track and ran against tall guys like SJax that looked slower than me until the race was on. PLUS those long striders have build up speed. 50 yards in Jax won't get caught just like turner if he breaks.

He's on pace to produce what most of us were asking for, 800 yds. and 5 or 6 TD's. The RB by committee is working nicely.

^^this^^

It's odd to me that the "power back" is taken out inside the 10 yard line, but through 3 games, the Falcons are averaging 121 rushing yards, and so long as they can have any semblance of a running attack, the Offense will be able to score the points necessary to win games.

I loved last nights game.....but things could have went wrong with the fumbles we had. I hope they really stress that to our guys. Levine, Smith and Freeman. Not trying to be a negative Nancy because I truly loved seeing us finally dominate someone. But those turnovers against a better opponent could have been devastating.

Okay...some of you are missing my point about speed....I'm saying that S.Jax need the hit the hole a little faster. I'm not talking break away speed.

He's hitting the hole fast. He's averaging about 4 yards on the year so far. Just doesn't look like it. He's also a patient runner and sets blocks up too. A trait vets pick up learning the position in the nfl.

Just because he's averaging 4 yards doesn't equate to hitting the hole fast...sooo....LOL...

Ok. I played the position bro. There's no slow way to hit a hole. Just because it doesn't look that way with our eyes. Speed can be very deceptive. I've talked to my cousins Jeremy Mincey, Justin Houston, Asante, other players I know and they all say some players have sneaky speed. He doesn't hit the hole like he used to I'll give you that but he's still hitting it pretty fast and decisive. There's just no way to average 4 yards a carry being slow to a hole. Just not. They close up too fast in the nfl.

Ok. I played the position bro. There's no slow way to hit a hole. Just because it doesn't look that way with our eyes. Speed can be very deceptive. I've talked to my cousins Jeremy Mincey, Justin Houston, Asante, other players I know and they all say some players have sneaky speed. He doesn't hit the hole like he used to I'll give you that but he's still hitting it pretty fast and decisive. There's just no way to average 4 yards a carry being slow to a hole. Just not. They close up too fast in the nfl.

Truth.