Keep The Hammer Down

caver50

It was the 4th quarter and we were up a ridiculous amount of TD's. Pretty sure that qualifies as "keeping the hammer down".

The great teams never let up, besides this was on MS not the players, but if you ask any of the players which would they rather have..... a shutout or give up 14 points, what do you think they would say ?

I think you need to learn the definition of "let up". That was the last thing that happened last night.

We let up when we took the starters out. Belichik doesn't do that until 5 min left in the game. Also players want shutouts too. Smitty should've obliged them. Plus he could've got some practice himself in a challenge senerio.

To be fair, the officials were the ones that recovered the ball.

It was blown incomplete straight away with nobody on defence or TB picking up the loose ball. Genuinely not sure where it would be spotted or who would have possession after a challenge

If anything, if they were going to rule it a pass, then it was a lateral and that should have been a live ball

To me this is why you do it, the Bucs aren't to be feared and they ARE a rival. Continue to blow them out and humiliate. Smitty ball began to appear late.

Eh, if the tables were turned you'd be pissed if Lovie Smith had called for a challenge there. We had already humiliated them by trouncing them 56-0 through 3 quarters. I thought easing up a little once we went up 49-0 by pulling Ryan, Jackson, and Jones was just fine. Plus, maybe Mike Smith and Mike Nolan just wanted to see if the defense could pitch the shutout on their own. I still think they possibly could have if not for the lack of a flag on Vincent Jackson's push-off against Alford.

There was no clear recovery on that play. Best we would have gotten out of it is a loss to the spot of the fumble.

Up by 6 TDs in Q3 we did keep hammer down. No reason to rub salt in a wound up by 8 TDs with 10inutes to play.

Smith played it right.

Thanks for bringing that up, because it's another great point -- even if we had challenged, we wouldn't have gotten the ball back, because there was no clear recovery (I believe the refs blew the play dead before anyone from either team actually recovered the ball).

We let up when we took the starters out. Belichik doesn't do that until 5 min left in the game. Also players want shutouts too. Smitty should've obliged them. Plus he could've got some practice himself in a challenge senerio.

Thank you very much. You said it better than i did.