Bucs Stink, Yet Still Four Reasons This Win Was Big

Kaptain Krazy

1) The regular season is only 16 games, it'll likely take 10 wins to make the playoffs, and the Falcons are now 2-1, 2-0 in the division. Every win following a 4-12 season should be considered significant.

2) The offseason moves are paying off. Matthews returned from missing game 2 with an injury and continues to play like what you would want a top-6 pick to play like. Hester has radically changed the dynamic of the Offense/Special Teams by adding another home run threat. We've all been saying since 2011 this team had been constructed in a way that meant the Offense needed to carry the load and we're finally seeing one that seems capable of just that when the starters are healthy.

3) Going into this game, the common wisdom was that if the D was anything near or above average, it had to dominate this sorry Tampa offense...which is exactly what they did. Doesn't make the D great, but gives the players the confidence they will need to deal with the offenses coming up on the schedule.

4) least importantly for the team, but signficant for the fan base, the Falcons played on prime time national television and looked great, beating a bad team the way bad teams should be defeated. As much as many have lamented the Birds laying an egg in the national spotlight, we have to acknowledge that last night, at least, they looked awesome.

I am starting to think the NFC South is wide open. Unless the Saints can magically bounce back, I really do think it is ours for the taking. Sadly, I think the division could be won with ten wins (or even nine). I still see 4 or 5 more Saints losses (Bengals, Lions, GB, SF, and Maybe an ATL, CHI or CAR loss). That could make them 10-6 or 9-7.

Panthers barely beat the Bucs, but did handle the Lions. I am still unsure of who the real Panthers are. They lost Hardy, and we all know they have WR issues. Right now I cannot seem them running the tables.

And the Bucs, well...yea.

I think we will have our losses, but I think we can compete in the division. Who really knows? I just think we are kind of the NFC West from a couple years ago.

We have 2 more wins than the Saints and one of those wins was against them. That means unless we tank at some point along the way, we're in a race with the Panthers for the division.

And I think we can beat the Panthers. The question is whether they'll go on some kind of run when we hit the tougher part of our schedule. They barely beat the Bucs, but they had a backup QB, so I don't think we can read anything into that. And their schedule is brutal in the coming weeks. I like our chances to win the division outright this season if we can beat the better teams (or even just beat the folks we ought to beat). I'm not so optimistic about our playoff chances, but I'll take a winning season at this point. We can get a pass rush next season and make a run.

The thing that stands out the most to me is that I have no idea what to make of the RT position. One week Holmes is doing alright, the next terribly, the next he's fine while Carimi is getting thrown around, is invisible, then once he's put in that is when the Bucs started putting pressure on Ryan. My kingdom for consistency at that position!

Also, it would be great if they'd stop doing outside runs to the right so much.

As Great as the Win was. I still wanna remain realistic.

The Bucs outright Stink. They lost the 1st 2 games to backup QB's. this was the first game they played against a True QB and it showed.

Had we played better against the Bengals I'd be thinkin that we are superbowl bound, however we are 2-1 and both teams we beat have still yet to win a game.

Yes it was a great win and it does make us all feel better about this season seeing what this team is truly capable of, but it doesn't hide the fact that we Still have work to do and issues to correct

The thing that stands out the most to me is that I have no idea what to make of the RT position. One week Holmes is doing alright, the next terribly, the next he's fine while Carimi is getting thrown around, is invisible, then once he's put in that is when the Bucs started putting pressure on Ryan. My kingdom for consistency at that position!

Also, it would be great if they'd stop doing outside runs to the right so much.

Difference is Matthews on the other side. With Matthews in, they can help the RT out, because LT is good. Matthews stays healthy, this Oline is solid.

And Holmes should get better over the season, with better conditioning, better coaching and better players around him on the Oline.