So, Who Do We Fire Or Replace Now?

Quarterback

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest facelessman07

We just beat the worst team in the NFL, that didn't even field a few of their best players. Chill

Let's do this against some of the best teams in the NFL now

We just beat the worst team in the NFL, that didn't even field a few of their best players. Chill

Let's do this against some of the best teams in the NFL now

I agree the Bucs aren't very good, butI enjoyed the thrashing we put on them. Smith didn't let up on them. I enjoyed it. We do have alot of work to do and may struggle against some of the better teams, but I am gonna enjoy this beatdown until next week .

Some people need to learn how to celebrate and enjoy life.

Amen!

I agree the Bucs aren't very good, butI enjoyed the thrashing we put on them. Smith didn't let up on them. I enjoyed it. We do have alot of work to do and may struggle against some of the better teams, but I am gonna enjoy this beatdown until next week .

Amen, again!

Also, it's a heck of lot better feeling this Friday morning than last Monday morning!

I think that the power has finally been transferred to the coordinators. Last night game was the anti-Smith...Staying aggressive on both offense and defense even with a large lead. And very little zone and no 3-man rush. Koetter called an excellent game and Nolan was equally good! That Falcon defense was the best I've seen in years. I hope that we continue to crowd the line of scrimmage like a real defense does on a regular basis.

I think that the power has finally been transferred to the coordinators. Last night game was the anti-Smith...Staying aggressive on both offense and defense even with a large lead. And very little zone and no 3-man rush. Koetter called an excellent game and Nolan was equally good! That Falcon defense was the best I've seen in years. I hope that we continue to crowd the line of scrimmage like a real defense does on a regular basis.

Go to NFL.com and watch the Mike Smith mic'd up from last nights video highlights. A few times he told his coordinators "good call, good call." Then he also said something like, "keep laying the hammer down on em" before Ryan went back on the field. Pretty interesting if you ask me.

Exactly. I think our boy has learned to hand out power where it needs to be, and he has also become a little more aggressive. Maybe we could teach the old dog new tricks...

So what exactly does Smith do now? Is he even necessary since everyone else is running the team? The team can just hire someone to keep up with penalties during the game.

I'll say it since nobody else will. Whomever is responsible for getting our players the right gear to play outdoor games needs to go. I said it last week and I'll say it again this week. When we play outdoors, our entire team looks slow. When we play indoors, our entire team plays with an extra gear.

Go to NFL.com and watch the Mike Smith mic'd up from last nights video highlights. A few times he told his coordinators "good call, good call." Then he also said something like, "keep laying the hammer down on em" before Ryan went back on the field. Pretty interesting if you ask me.

Nothing new there. Anybody without an agenda and willing to look can easily find video from past seasons of Smith telling his coordinators to stay aggressive.

Players executed against a really bad team last night. There's your difference.

I'll say it since nobody else will. Whomever is responsible for getting our players the right gear to play outdoor games needs to go. I said it last week and I'll say it again this week. When we play outdoors, our entire team looks slow. When we play indoors, our entire team plays with an extra gear.

We should wear black pants on the road. I hear the very sight of a team wearing black strikes fear into the hearts of their opposition.

Good god the sh*t people come up with on this board.

Nothing new there. Anybody without an agenda and willing to look can easily find video from past seasons of Smith telling his coordinators to stay aggressive.

Players executed against a really bad team last night. There's your difference.

Exactly.

It's funny to me how Smitty is "conservative" and the playcalling is bad when we lose, but Smitty is "aggressive" and the playcalling is good when we win.

Just because **** doesn't work doesn't mean it was a conservative bad playcall. It just means it didn't work.

I think it more about two reasons: one, we came off an emotional win against the Saints and just didn't appear from the first snap our heads were in the game: two, the Bengals watched that game and defensed us perfectly.

As we saw against the Saints and now the Bucs, we can compete against anyone with the right game plan, the necessary motivation, and...having Matt Ryan at QB.