More Records Fall In Ga Dome

Shredman

well we all saw M Ryan Break the single game yds Mark in week one, well he is up to it again, Tonight he Broke The Falcons all time comp % record for a game (20 passes or more)

and we all saw D Hester Complete his assault on the Record Books ... very good night for Falcons indeed

saw the MVP thread , if Ryan Could play 1/2 as good on the road as he does in the Dome, There would be little Debate about who is the front runner for MVP to start the yr lol....

anyway, gonna enjoy this one for a few days.....

Cant wait to see what Record Falls Next

Dome emptied in record time. Saw the clean up crew slaving away middle of the third quarter

there was still plenty there during the hester interview

they were chanting his name so loud you could not hardly hear him talk lol

thing about that is

those same guys were probably the ones saying he was done and we payed to much for him lol

that money is looking like a good investment atm huh

Matt Ryan (2-1; 2-0 home, 0-1 road)

2 wins vs. 0-2 teams at home

1 loss vs. a 2-0 team on the road

76/111 (68.5 completion%)

965 yards (321.67ypg)

8.69ypa

7TD

3INT

If he continues at this rate:

@home

208/268 (77.61 completion%)

2936 yards

10.96ypa

24TD

0INT

@away

192/352 (54.54 completion %)

1848 yards

5.25ypa

8TD

24INT

Total:

400/620 (64.5 completion %)

4784 yards

7.72ypa

32TD

24INT

OCDNESS

Matt Ryan (2-1; 2-0 home, 0-1 road)

2 wins vs. 0-2 teams at home

1 loss vs. a 2-0 team on the road

76/111 (68.5 completion%)

965 yards (321.67ypg)

8.69ypa

7TD

3INT

If he continues at this rate:

@home

208/268 (77.61 completion%)

2936 yards

10.96ypa

24TD

0INT

@away

192/352 (54.54 completion %)

1848 yards

5.25ypa

8TD

24INT

Total:

400/620 (64.5 completion %)

4784 yards

7.72ypa

32TD

24INT

OCDNESS

do you really believe he will throw 3 ints in every road game with Jake Matthews back now ????

lmao

i know you are hoping he will lol

i dont see that happening

Falcons put NFC South on alert with romp of Bucs

A collection of 53 men pretending to be the Tampa Bay Buccaneers invaded Atlanta on Thursday night.

Their ruse was quickly exposed, as quarterback Matt Ryan and the Falcons left the visiting contingent in tatters during a 56-14 hammer-drop.

Atlanta's quick-strike air attack carved through Lovie Smith's injury-riddled defense from wire to wire, as Ryan completed his first six passes and never looked back for an offense that piled up 16 first downs before Tampa earned its first.

If Ryan's handiwork against the Saints in Week 1 hinted at a monster campaign, Thursday's romp was further proof. Exiting midway through the third period, Ryan finished 21-of-24 passing for 286 yards with three scores and a passer rating of 155.9.

Facing a swarm of three-wideout sets, the Bucs were no match for the combination of Julio Jones and Devin Hester. Jones piled up an outrageous 121 yards by halftime, while a rejuvenated Hester drove a nail into Tampa's coffin early in the second quarter with a 20-yard end around that carved out a 28-0 lead.

Hester was a revelation. After reversing a would-be Tampa fumble recovery with a strip of Bucs safety Mark Barron, the jitterbug broke Deion Sanders' record with his 20th career return touchdown. It's especially embarrassing for Smith that Atlanta has found a way to showcase Hester on offense when Lovie's Bears never cracked that code.

Why Tampa continued to kick the ball to Hester deep into the game remains one of life's rich mysteries.

The Falcons were equally dominant on defense. After allowing 472 yards in each of their first two games, coordinator Mike Nolan's bunch tightened the screws to force five turnovers while allowing just 3.9 yards per play.

Before exiting with a right thumb injury, Bucs quarterback Josh McCown steered a lost vessel as Tampa was held to 63 yards on its first eight drives.

When the Falcons operate at this level, they rage around the field as a maddening headache for opponents. The Bucs offered no answer, no retort and no antidote for what Atlanta poured out on Thursday night.

The NFC South is on high alert.

do you really believe he will throw 3 ints in every road game with Jake Matthews back now ????

lmao

i know you are hoping he will lol

i dont see that happening

Do you honestly think Matt Ryan is going to be 24TD/0INT at home?

I never thought Ryan was a bad QB, he's far above average and borderline-elite, but as much as I'd like for him to do that since I have him in fantasy, he isn't.

Do you honestly think Matt Ryan is going to be 24TD/0INT at home?

I never thought Ryan was a bad QB, he's far above average and borderline-elite, but as much as I'd like for him to do that since I have him in fantasy, he isn't.

I think if his O Line holds up, and gives him Time

he will have a career yr, and threaten some season records in the process

2 records he may can get

(both owned by Brees I Believe)

yds and comp %

we will see

the O Line has to stay healthy

but he may can come close

but yea, O Line Holds up

M Ryan has his best yr yet IMO

Brees lost the yardage to Manning last year, but I honestly think Ryan needs a Manning-esque season to come close to that. The completion % is just unreal to be honest. Manning and Rodgers didn't even come close to 71.2.

Manning: 68.3 last year

Rodgers: 68.3 in 2011

Brees last year only hit 68.6 as well

Brees lost the yardage to Manning last year, but I honestly think Ryan needs a Manning-esque season to come close to that. The completion % is just unreal to be honest. Manning and Rodgers didn't even come close to 71.2.

Manning: 68.3 last year

Rodgers: 68.3 in 2011

Brees last year only hit 68.6 as well

there was a stretch there in 2012 , when the Line was playing well, that Ryan was about to break the con comp mark of 29 str8

then him being Ryan, he threw a Bomb that was dropped lol

if anyone can break that com % mark, its Matt Ryan with these WRs who Rarely Drop Passes...

Guest fibonacci

Running up the score...stat padding...where have I heard this before???

at least we put our back up in after the half basically. When do y'all?????

dif is we needed this for our own mentality

Saints were making a habit of it....

which maybe , we should do that too, a little Curb Stomp Attitude has been needed around here for a while now...

So it's ok for the Falcons to do it...but for the Saints,it's not!?

So it's ok for the Falcons to do it...but for the Saints,it's not!?

ehhhhh

I am Old School

I dont ever remember talking shyt about it in the first place....

its up to the other team to stop you.....

but yea

the way last season went down

they way the 2012 NFC Champ game went down...

Falcons need this kinda attitude IMO

Guest fibonacci

Tell me again what the score was!?

62-7 (winnless 0-7) colts and saints game. I don't think you ever brought in your back up.

Yeah that's padding

62-7 (winnless 0-7) colts and saints game. I don't think you ever brought in your back up.

Yeah that's padding

Saints sat Brees after the 3rd quarter up 48-7.

4th quarter, 2 drives, Sproles, PT, and Ingram ran the ball with Sproles getting a TD, Leigh Torrence had a pick 6, and a punt.

Saints didn't even attempt one pass in the whole 4th quarter.

Last pass attempt was 7:46 left in the 3rd.

Guest fibonacci

Saints sat Brees after the 3rd quarter up 48-7.

4th quarter, 2 drives, Sproles, PT, and Ingram ran the ball with Sproles getting a TD, Leigh Torrence had a pick 6, and a punt.

Saints didn't even attempt one pass in the whole 4th quarter.

Last pass attempt was 7:46 left in the 3rd.

ohhhhhhhh so sorry. After the third. Thanks. And they were up how much when he got pulled, and the falcons were at what when Ryan got pulled?

Please include alllll your stats. Not just score. Yards and all.

ohhhhhhhh so sorry. After the third. Thanks. And they were up how much when he got pulled, and the falcons were at what when Ryan got pulled?

does it really matter man ?????

who cares what they did

all i care about is what we do , now, in 2014...thats all that matters bro...

Saints were up 41 points when Brees came out (48-7)

Falcons were up 42 or 49 when Ryan came out (I missed the handoff at the 2yard line to Sjax, but either way its relatively the same score).

After Brees left, they put up 78 rushing yards out of the 557 yards gained

After Ryan left, they put up 111 rushing and passing yards out of the 488 yards gained

So really, you say the Saints ran up the score, but just accept the fact that the Falcons did as well.

Backups put up 22.7% of your yards adding in passes as well, even though you were up 49 points. Still trying to score eh!

Backups for the saints put up 14% of the yards, trying to run out time.

Running all of your drives up 48-7 = trying to finish a game = Saints

Running + passing on all of your drives up 49-0 = stat padding = Falcons

Guest fibonacci

Not sure if said already but Hester is the only player to ever Return a TD, Score a receiving TD, Force a fumble, and recover a fumble in a game too.

very cool