Expectations For Thursday Night Game

MD-FalconFan13

So here we are, a nationalnationally televised game. Nobody else on. Playing at home. So why do I have a sinking feeling about the outcome?

Sincerely hope we win, but sincerely disturbed by Sunday's debacle. For the record, I don't buy the cral about the Bengals being this great team. They are good no doubt. But not so good they should be the snot out of us like they did. That disturbs me.

So what do we expect tonight? I am truthfully unsure.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Such a great game. My favorite Julio touchdown catch is in that game. Beautiful stuff.

(Off topic, but I thought I was going to have to lock the entire front page)

I think that I know the one that you're talking about. I was watching that game with my Dad, and I remember at the time, I asked if he had really caught it, since, in real time, you just couldn't believe it.

My favorite Julio touchdown still has to be the one against Tampa, where he argued on the sideline that he could beat the DB one on one, and then actually did. I could watch that one all day and never tire of it. That one created two gifs, the catch, and Julio's imitation of the Tampa DB on the sideline.

If Kroy starts, expect his side to get repeatedly gashed on runs. TB has a couple of RB's that can fly. If the Falcons DL does not get a push, it will be a long night for the defense.

I expect someone in the Falcons organization will see Biermann is struggling and make an adjustment. I expect someone in the Falcons organization will see Bartu is struggling and make adjustments. I expect Shembo to get more playing time. History shows Mike Smith will stick with the vets for way to long.

Vegas has the Falcons line at plus 6. Roddy is "Probable" for the game. TB has been destroyed by lesser QB's, so the Offense should be able to score. On paper it is a Falcon win. If the Defense shows up, it will be a multi-score win.

This is a divisional opponent of course, so I'm thinking it's going to go something like this: Falcons will jump out to a quick 14-0 start (with two TDs on their first 2 drives), only to allow the Bucs to get back into the game later (say . . . Falcons up 20-13 in the middle of the 3rd). Final score:

Bucs 20

Falcons 30