Next Years Offseason?

JiveAF

I know it's FAR too early. To be honest, I think this season we'll have at least 10 wins. I honestly think this teams offense is as explosive as the Colts Offenses were back when they had that SB run with Peyton. I think Pass Rusher is still a glaring need, it just..is. There's no other way to put it. We have a pretty good secondary. I think Trufant is a really good corner, and Alford is as good as a #2 can get. . The problems we have with pass defense is because the QB has all day to throw. Now, I'll concede more than a lot of you and point out, I think our middle of the defensive line is stout and the QBs haven't really been able to step up into the pocket as much as last season..it's just every pressure we've have [i have seen some] the Defensive lineman was Babs or another guy who's simply too slow to get to the QB.

Now, I'd be ecstatic if soon we put Shembo in there and let him rush the QB and him actually excel, and that'd allow Nolan to create more schemes. Now guys, remember - we still haven't blitzed a lot. The play I saw us Blitz against the Bengals, if Alford times his dive for the ball a second better, that's an incomplete pass obviously, caused by the pass rush. We got there, he just got rid of the ball.

Anyway, fast forwarding - let's look at some DL and OLBs that are possible free agents next year. I honestly believe the reason we didn't target one this past off-season, was because NEXT off-season, it's FILLED with them..

Defensive Ends:

Greg Hardy - No chance. The guy is a woman beater and he shouldn't be able to play another down in the NFL. It's unfortunate because he can rush the QB. Moving along...

Adrian Clayborn - He's 280, so he actually fits as a 3-4 DE if needed. Could also play 4-3 DE. I think we're more of a hybrid / multiple defense..we haven't really committed to a 3-4 or a 4-3.. His sack numbers aren't astounding but he is a pretty good force. I must say though, he probably benefits from having Mccoy on the same line.

Cliff Avril - He's a guy we should have gotten when he was a Free Agent before. The guy may be benefiting from a great Seahawks secondary and other DL pieces, but he can get QB pressures anywhere.

There are probably more DE's, but let's look at DTs who can probably play DE in a 3-4 or DT in a 4-3.

Gerald McCoy - NO WAY, right? But I can dream :[

Ndamukong Suh - Same as McCoy

Nick Fairley - Probably won't leave DET, but I see one of them leaving [suh, or him] I don't see them being able to keep both.

There are probably more realistic DT's, but I was anxious to get to the OLB group.

Brian Orakpo - I don't think he can be tagged this time around. The guy is a very good pass rusher, and it's been on a line that hasn't had TOO much help, also. He can play OLB, and DE as well.

Jason Worilds - Same as Orakpo. Except younger. Maybe not as polished as Orakpo, but the guy has a super bright future and has proven a lot of ability already.

Justin Houston - OLB is clearly the best unit of Free Agents coming up.. the three guys I've mentioned at OLB are better than any LB we have, and they rush the passer. . Houston wants out of KC, or so it seems..and I see no reason why we shouldn't target him.

Jerry Hughes - He got 10 sacks last season, he's young and improving. Could be one of those guys that become a premier pass rusher.

---

There are plenty of other LINEMEN/OLBs available, or could be available, shall I say..who do YOU want us to get? [i may not have listed one you want]

What's your draft for us looks like?

I say we go out there and try to get Houston and Orakpo.this talk of being soft and not getting pressure will be gone. If not those 2 then we sign one of them and sign a high level/ probowl DL. Put In Hageman next to them and draft for a pass rush and holly ****. We Actually have a front 4!!!

Imagine:

Orakpo--Fairly-Hageman----(Draft or FA)

In the draft we can also get high round linebackers and son. We are set to get a Superbowl. If we can just find a average RT which Carimi might be but just in case as of now.

SUPER Bowl son.

I am prolly dreaming too much. :(

Edited by FalconBlood23

"I say we go into the offseason needing front 7 help badly. So we sign a backup punter, a WR, and an aging TE, and then draft a corner, 2 o-linemen, and a QB with our 1st 4 picks. We can spend the rest on pass rushers."

/s/ Thomas Dimitroff

All must have received gold stars in pre-k or they don't pass the filter! And don't forget they must all be from Wisconsin or a no name school like North Dakota State or Montana.

2 games and already we are looking forward to the off season.

I watched 5 minutes of the Aints game and turned it off.

I watched the 3rd Quarter of the Bangles game…..

I can't wait to watch the Bucs .

Oh yeah,,, regarding Worrilow???

He may not be the best Line Backer in the NFL,, but the kid plays with the heart of a Lion and

with speed………...

I will take that any FN day and twice on Sunday,, and so will every Coach in the NFL.

Same goes for Bierman!

Hopefully we lose Baker and get a solid veteran to play RT to a league average standard. If we can then get another year out of Blalock then our o-line is solid. Pass rusher would obviously be the huge priority. Hopefully we could get one (or two) in FA then get the best safety/tight end/linebacker in the draft depending where we are picking.

We are going to have to draft and sign several FA pass rushers if we truly want to fix this broken defense. The time for "cutesy" bullcrap is over. I seriously doubt TD is fired next year regardless of record, but if he doesn't address the pass rushing need and address it aggressively he darn well should be. Blank needs to watch him closely the next off season and if he doesn't seem to be attacking the problem then he needs to go. That simple.

We are going to have to draft and sign several FA pass rushers if we truly want to fix this broken defense. The time for "cutesy" bullcrap is over. I seriously doubt TD is fired next year regardless of record, but if he doesn't address the pass rushing need and address it aggressively he darn well should be. Blank needs to watch him closely the next off season and if he doesn't seem to be attacking the problem then he needs to go. That simple.

I think you nailed it pretty good. Next off season is the time to empty the bank on what we really need as a team.

On the note of TD he won't be gone next off season unless we are a 1 win team. But if he doesn't attack the weaknesses of the team with players that can legitimately fix it, then "I'll tip my hat to him and hope he can be resilient in his next job."

We should throw money at the best rusher out there. Bring in a decent MLB if one is available.

Pick a rusher or Gurley in the first round. O-lineman or rusher in the second, then another rusher/linebacker in the 3rd. Big NT, short yardage RB and some more depth in the later rounds. Trade a 5th-7th for a vet like we did Asante if one is available, I wouldn't mind.

We will have to find out what shembo can give us first but I think MLB may be a big need as well. But of course as of now bringing on two pass rushers should be be our first priority. I'm not so sure I want to leave the decision making up to TD though. A change in our leadership might be our best bet.

He may not be the best Line Backer in the NFL,, but the kid plays with the heart of a Lion and

with speed………...

I will take that any FN day and twice on Sunday,, and so will every Coach in the NFL.

Same goes for Bierman!

You only watched 5 min of the first game and one quarter of the second?

with speed………...

Same goes for Bierman!

you turned off the saints game after 5 minutes?

"I say we go into the offseason needing front 7 help badly. So we sign a backup punter, a WR, and an aging TE, and then draft a corner, 2 o-linemen, and a QB with our 1st 4 picks. We can spend the rest on pass rushers."

/s/ Thomas Dimitroff

Haha... I see what you did there.