Jones Ready To Perform

birdz4i

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Negatorris

I'm curious, you gonna single Mr.Over-Rated out of your game videos now?

If I did that I would have had to do the same for Turner two years ago as well as SJax...

Guest Negatorris

You can't tell me you think Julio has played down to the level those two you outlined played at. It's the second game of the season and he's got 14 catches and 204 yards so far. Over-rated?

Let me explain myself.

I think Julio can be be a great wide receiver. He has had a GREAT game before and has made GREAT plays but to be considered great than you must play at a high level more often than not. And you must be able to stay on the field.

Julio has not accomplished this yet but he is treated like a GOD who cannot be criticized. Falcons fans are quick to jump on anyone who doesn't think JJ is the best thing since sliced bread which is crazy to me since even Ryan has never been glorified in such a way. That's why I say Jones is overrated because he is.

His yardage is mostly empty and his only TD came when it didn't matter. For a guy worth 5 draft picks you'd expect more naturally.

You see Josh Gordon all of last season? I want to see Jones do something that before I put him on this godly pedestal like 90% of Falcons fans. Forget what he is/was on pace for.

Let me explain myself.

I think Julio can be be a great wide receiver. He has had a GREAT game before and has made GREAT plays but to be considered great than you must play at a high level more often than not. And you must be able to stay on the field.

Julio has not accomplished this yet but he is treated like a GOD who cannot be criticized. Falcons fans are quick to jump on anyone who doesn't think JJ is the best thing since sliced bread which is crazy to me since even Ryan has never been glorified in such a way. That's why I say Jones is overrated because he is.

His yardage is mostly empty and his only TD came when it didn't matter. For a guy worth 5 draft picks you'd expect more naturally.

You see Josh Gordon all of last season? I want to see Jones do something that before I put him on this godly pedestal like 90% of Falcons fans. Forget what he is/was on pace for.

What Gordon did last year was mostly empty yardage. His team was down more often than not and barely anybody on the defense cared for who he was until halfway through the season.

As for Ryan not being glorified, let me ask you a rhetorical question: who has a better season? Ryan without Julio or Julio with another QB? I'm not saying at all Ryan is made by his weapons;however, Julio's great combination of speed, strength, and height would thrive anywhere, while Ryan would certainly have a more difficult time(not a bad one) without him. His stats last year were down to his first two years with Julio and that shouldn't surprise you.

But I'm not turning this into something about Ryan, or the QB/Weapons debate. What I'm saying is Julio has a unique combination of skills that you won't see much elsewhere in the league. The only knock against him is his tendency to drop and fumble. But as I recall, Roddy has had those same problems in the past. Where's the Roddy is over-rated thread? Where exactly do you pull the "Falcons fans treating him like a god" thing from? Everyone here knows his flaws, but also recognizes his pure talent and potential. You seem to think it's either one or the other.

Let me explain myself.

What would Julio have to average a game for you to consider him worth it? Seem like you want him to be perfect

Let me explain myself.

Insert picture with truck full of thumbs up....

Guest Negatorris

What Gordon did last year was mostly empty yardage. His team was down more often than not and barely anybody on the defense cared for who he was until halfway through the season.

As for Ryan not being glorified, let me ask you a rhetorical question: who has a better season? Ryan without Julio or Julio with another QB? I'm not saying at all Ryan is made by his weapons;however, Julio's great combination of speed, strength, and height would thrive anywhere, while Ryan would certainly have a more difficult time(not a bad one) without him. His stats last year were down to his first two years with Julio and that shouldn't surprise you.

But I'm not turning this into something about Ryan, or the QB/Weapons debate. What I'm saying is Julio has a unique combination of skills that you won't see much elsewhere in the league. The only knock against him is his tendency to drop and fumble. But as I recall, Roddy has had those same problems in the past. Where's the Roddy is over-rated thread? Where exactly do you pull the "Falcons fans treating him like a god" thing from? Everyone here knows his flaws, but also recognizes his pure talent and potential. You seem to think it's either one or the other.

You do realize Roddy White has had consecutive 1k yards seasons up until his injury last year. The man rarely missed the field before 2013 and he has better hands than Julio can hope for. Julio has never had any season like Roddy did in 2010.

Ryan did not struggle because he didn't have Julio. He struggled because we had one of the worst OL units known to man. He STILL had 4.5k yards and 25+ TDs.

If all the Julio praise is coming from his physical skill set then we might as well go ahead and crown Hageman DPOY.

Guest Negatorris

What would Julio have to average a game for you to consider him worth it? Seem like you want him to be perfect

For 5 draft picks he should be churning out 150+ yds a game and a couple of TDs.

Realistically speaking I don't have any averages. Like I stated I want him to play at a high level consistently. He's capable but he hasn't done it so far. There are stretches where he disappears and times where he just flat out blows opportunities. I expect mistakes but it seems like he's the only player on the team who can't be called out on his mistakes.

A guy(Falcons fan/broadcaster) just last week criticized Jones and a bunch of Falcons fans called his radio station just to tell him he's crazy for saying anything negative about Julio. It makes no sense.

150 yards a game is nearly 2500 yards....

Right now over the last 7 games he has played he has averaged 112 yards per game....... if he did that all year that would put him at 1792 yards for the season which would be third highest in the HISTORY of the nfl.

He also over the lst 7 games he has played is on a pace for 125 catches a year........ which also would be one of the top 3 seasons in the history of the nfl

Even off of just this year alone he is on pace for 114 catches for 1664 yards.

AND that is with him splitting catches with Roddy, Hd, Hester, and the backs

Yeah to make any sort of suggestion he should be producing more than what he is is flat out stupid

Let me explain myself.

Excellent points. He needs to step it up and be more consistent.