Gloria Allred In Atl To Discuss Alleged Abuse By Nfl Player

JBourneMurkedU

Los Angeles-based attorney Gloria Allred has called an afternoon news conference in Atlanta to discuss what she calls "two individuals who allege that they or a family member were victims of violence and abuse by an NFL player".

Allred, who also represents the Women's Equal Rights Legal Defense and Education Fund (WERLDEF), says in a press release: "The victims will discuss how the NFL and Commissioner Goodell failed them." Allred is also expected discuss changes that Goodell needs to make in order to insure "a process that is fair to victims."

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/26556194/attorney-gloria-allred-to-discuss-nfl-player-violence-allegations-in-atlanta

Doesn't mean it's a Falcon but ****!

Forget concussions, PED's, or player safety being the downfall of the league it will be crap like this. There is a feeding frenzy and all these lawyers are gonna be ambulance chasers. Definitely not saying domestic abuse is justified or should be tolerated but look at Brian Banks. For as many people that come forward because they are victims as many if not more will use threats of alleging abuse to extort money from players. If it happened file a freaking police report and let the courts decide not the court of public opinion. Because of the publicity this has gotten and the pressure on the teams and league it will get to the point where teams are putting possibly innocent players on that reserve list just to keep from dealing with public scrutiny. And while I'm on this rant all these special groups need to F off. People demanding the NFL to use purple gear for a month or game is stupid. Go to UPS to paint their trucks purple for a week or Delta to paint purple ribbons on their planes and see how it goes. The game is not a platform for every **** cause.

Man, I really don't care at all about any of this. I also didn't care when Aaron Hernandez killed people. Or Ray Lewis. I just don't care.

I have no expectations of professional football players being wonderfuly well balanced/calm individuals. They are athletes, not role models. If you can't teach your kid the difference, thats on you. I don't at all understand why I should be in any way bothered by any of this.

I get that Allred has to take a stand for women she feels are victims but if it is Steven Jackson and it's in regards to a 4 year old incident where no charges were filed and she is just being an attention whore by holding a press conference in Atlanta the day before we play then she can kick rocks. Seriously...

You know what F it if it's about the Atlanta Falcons I might be done for the season I can't take this anymore. People might call me out for being a bigot I just don't care anymore I WANT MY FOOTBALL BACK **** IT.

Edited by Zone#7

1) Not us...WHEW!

2) Seriously? Brandon Marshall? Just a rumor at this stage but that's probably who it is. Have several seats Allred. The Marshall stuff has been well documented and I hope this isn't the girlfriend who stayed with him and only went public AFTER they broke up and he refused to give her and her family $.

Are we sure of this I'm telling y'all now even if we dodged a bullet in due time they will call our name. Guaranteed it will happen.

Looking down the list

SF Ray Mcdonald

Carolina with Greg Hardy

Ravens - Ray Rice

Vikings - All Day

Now Chicago Bears with Brandom Mashall(pending)

I'm almost certain that Detroit Lions and Miami Dolphins are next with Oakland Raiders in the mix.

The Marshall stuff has been well-documented. People might not buy it but he's talked about his issues openly and tackling mental health (something that I think is very taboo among black men) and I think that's commendable. He's owned up to his mistakes. This Allred move just seems like her being an opportunist to put HER name out there MORE than trying to help any victim out, etc. I guess if you know her track record though that shouldn't be a surprise.