100 Greatest Sports Movies

Flip Wilson

My observation about the first list is that if movies about poker and pool are going to be counted as sports movies, then they need to be given a fair shake, and the Hustler, Color of Money, and Rounders all need to be moved up the list.

Also, 16 and 17 struck me odd. Glory Road at 17 and Coach Carter at 16. I thought Glory Road was spectacular and Coach Carter was just OK. I'd move Glory Road up a bunch of spots and Coach Carter down a bunch of spots.

Also I think He Got Game is a better movie than a bunch of the movies in front of it.

The first list seems like it is pretty old.

I think the movie Warrior is my favorite sports movie of all time, and I'm not even a big MMA fan.

The first list doesn't have it at all, probably because it is too new. The second list has it at 39. I think that is way too low, but at least it is on there.

Eh, these things are always too subjective. Personally, I'd have Major League in the top 10, with the sequel being in the top 25. Anytime either of those movies are on tv, I will watch them, edits and all. The entertainment value is too high, even on a rewatch. Once you watch a movie like Rudy, how many more times are you likely to watch it? Sure, it's a great movie, but the replay value is extremely low, IMO.

Again, too subjective.

Eh, these things are always too subjective. Personally, I'd have Major League in the top 10, with the sequel being in the top 25. Anytime either of those movies are on tv, I will watch them, edits and all. The entertainment value is too high, even on a rewatch. Once you watch a movie like Rudy, how many more times are you likely to watch it? Sure, it's a great movie, but the replay value is extremely low, IMO.

Again, too subjective.

"Are you trying to tell me Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?"