State Of Falcons - Defense

mattyicefalcon

Taking the worst case scenario what if the team is unable to stop opponents in run or pass including No sacks week after week.

When do the front office or when should be the state of urgency be recognized and addressed?

What are available options in F.A or UDFA if any?

Do we have enough salary cap to make some additions?

Thursday night should indicate lot of things....

Edited by mattyicefalcon

You talking about what are the options this year? None unless a trade happens which is very unlikely. There are no UDFA or FA's out there right now who will help our pass rush.

I'll be happy with a playoff spot.

Barring few players on team I don't think this front office is in "win now" mode......

It is what it is.....excited to see how this all will unfold. Very critical year though.

This involves the offseason.

I don't care how we do it, but somehow we get it done. If NO can sign whoever they want, in cap He!!, then we should easily be able to do so.

Go all in for Houston and Orakpo, in FA.

Draft

1st. Best OT

2nd Best pass rusher

3rd Best LB

4th. WR. Roddy getting old, injuries are creeping up on him and every time Julio makes a play, I get scared he's going to come up hurt.

5th OG to groom for Blaylocks spot.

6th RB to replace SJax spot.

7th FS. With an improved pass rush, our current DB group should be fine.

This involves the offseason.

I don't care how we do it, but somehow we get it done. If NO can sign whoever they want, in cap He!!, then we should easily be able to do so.

Go all in for Houston and Orakpo, in FA.

Draft

1st. Best OT

2nd Best pass rusher

3rd Best LB

4th. WR. Roddy getting old, injuries are creeping up on him and every time Julio makes a play, I get scared he's going to come up hurt.

5th OG to groom for Blaylocks spot.

6th RB to replace SJax spot.

7th FS. With an improved pass rush, our current DB group should be fine.

What you have just recommended - drafting for needs- is exactly why we are in the state we are in now. Draft BPA always with the exception of a few key positions like QB, cb, punter which are set right now. Use FA to supplement your roster not create it. Pigeon holing positions gets you Holmes, Konz, Jamaal Anderson (DE not the rb).