Scotland

Wokezone

Pro-independence Scots won't be able to blame the English for all their woes anymore, the UK loses Scotland's oil money (which in the grand scheme of things won't impact them too much since it was kept in Scotland to begin with), and the UK will probably remove the Scottish flag from the Union Jack. It will also fan the flames of independence movements elsewhere in Europe.

As for how it will impact us... probably little to no impact.

Scotland would be stupid to try and go solo. They are not Beyoncé or Justin timberlake, they are Michelle or one of the other dudes from Nsync.

totally agree. They would lose the pound. And that's about the only thing that makes them relevant.

They are a strange bunch up there, though. Extremely nice but strangely defensive people as a whole. I cycled through the country in 2011. Amazing place. I hope they stay.

My understaning is that they're going to keep the Pound..............and the Royal family! Why are they trying to leave again? The already keep most of the oil revenues anyway!

Are they keeping the pound? I heard that they were not. They lose out on Nato and EU also, until they are readmitted, which may or may not happen. I assume that if they are able to join the EU, that they will be forced to use the Euro.

I think they are keeping the Monarchs, because of taxes and tourism. Tourists, especially americans, love the royal family and their castles. Monarchs deal with the UK is that they get a lump sum payment, so the government has the rights to the tax revenue from the lands they own.

They do not even know how much debt they are going to be in. I would never vote yes( if I was scottish), until I knew about the debt. I sure as **** do not want to live in a country with crippling debt and no currency. Read that they may even collapse within a year, because of the debt, and that they may not even be allowed into the EU for 5 years.

if their problem is not having a large enough voice in parliament, then maybe they should talk with england and the other countries, instead of trying to go solo. I am sure England would rather give them a larger voice, than the mess that is going to happen.

With no pound, no Bank of England to prop up their economy, and no guarantee of re-admission to the EU, they would be making a big mistake in my opinion. They may do it though, because they have a sizeable % of the population that are consumer and defined by their hatred of the English and of conservative politicians.

If they do leave, I just hope that the UK government is strong enough to play hardball when negotiating the terms of exit. In that scenario the UK government needs to do what's best for the remainder of the UK. Negotiating the best deal for us invariably means and the least favourable deal for them, but so be it. If they aren't part of the UK then they are competing against us, and we owe them no favours once they decide to go.