Bryan Cox , We're Waiting, And Waiting, And ......

roguebeaver

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest facelessman07

Had the same problems for YEARS. Don't even start blaming Cox

Look higher up on the totem pole

Edited by facelessman07

Personnel isn't there yet so not sure why people are expecting huge changes right off the bat. I admit I saw so many QB's step up in the pocket last season that I thought the addition of some strength in the middle of the DL would yield improved but not spectacular results, but QB's are now merely stepping up and slightly to the side now. As KOG rightly pointed out early this offseason, there is still no edge rush.

Now I hope that as the season goes on either Kroy regains his preinjury form (which would mean he is adequate, not spectacular) or the younger guys like Mass, Maponga and Goodman earn more reps, and this leads to improvement. However I am taking a wait and see approach now.

Personnel isn't there yet so not sure why people are expecting huge changes right off the bat. I admit I saw so many QB's step up in the pocket last season that I thought the addition of some strength in the middle of the DL would yield improved but not spectacular results, but QB's are now merely stepping up and slightly to the side now. As KOG rightly pointed out early this offseason, there is still no edge rush.

Now I hope that as the season goes on either Kroy regains his preinjury form (which would mean he is adequate, not spectacular) or the younger guys like Mass, Maponga and Goodman earn more reps, and this leads to improvement. However I am taking a wait and see approach now.

They can also chill as far back in the pocket as they want because no one gets pressure on that space. The best edge rushes I saw were bull rushes that don't exactly limit a QBs ability to throw for further behind the line

i dont see how you can blame cox. look at what he has to work with. biermann, massaquoi, maponga, osi.....that sucks. soliai, babs, goodman, jackson, etc have all been pretty solid up front. its the lack of edge talent that is hurting us. blame Dimitroff for that, not Cox

Had the same problems for YEARS. Don't even start blaming Cox

Look higher up on the totem pole

Exactly man. Can't believe someone is already thinking of blaming Cox. He isn't in control of who is getting played and who sits. I seriously doubt Cox would have the guys starting/playing the most that we have.

Remember what Alge Crumpler said on the radio last Nov about these Falcons

He said -

"One of the Falcons biggest problems is When bad players practice against other bad players the head coach actually believes they are much better than they really are and then on Sunday when they go up normal good players the truth is evident."

He also said Mike Smiith.......that boy gotta go

So two weeks in, how are things working out? No sacks in two games, qb's looking like pro bowlers and opposition runners are ballin every week!

Just a rah, rah goshdarnit sort of guy?

Remember what Alge Crumpler said on the radio last Nov about these Falcons

He said -

"One of the Falcons biggest problems is When bad players practice against other bad players the head coach actually believes they are much better than they really are and then on Sunday when they go up normal good players the truth is evident."

He also said Mike Smiith.......that boy gotta go

So based on Alge analysis: Tru practices against Julio and Roddy so he's the real deal. But our Pass Rusher practices against scrubs and looks good (makes sense)

I TOLD you folks the DEFENSE sucked during PRE-SEASON. Lol..bwahahaha...FIRE MIKE SMITH!!!!!!!!!!

why is it funny that the defense sucks...because you were right? didn't most people know d was a big question before the season started? I don't find anything funny about the product that I paid to watch on Sunday.

I don't think our fan base understands which players our position coaches have responsibility for. Cox has the NT's, DT's, and 3-4 DE's. The OLB coach has the edge rushers, Bierman, Mass, Maponga. With the exception of Jackson, Cox's group is playing ok. The OLB coaches guys? Nope.

Starting to think Cox is all talk, we're worse than we've ever been