Running Game Issue?

TrufantIsland

I've seen a lot of posts regarding our tailbacks. Most of them suggesting more playing time to Freeman and Smith.

I think this is a dumb dispute. Wake up! look at the game tape y'all. Smith and Freeman will se reps, but only if we create 1st downs. Jackson and Rodgers did a nice job 2nd week in a row. I'm not worried about our running game, despite an effortless performance by our Right Tackle ( who would usually be the guy we run to football at) they still came up with 1st downs. But you can not go 3 and out 10 times and be dissapointed with few reps for the 3rd and 4th stringers..

I've seen a lot of posts regarding our tailbacks. Most of them suggesting more playing time to Freeman and Smith.

I think this is a dumb dispute. Wake up! look at the game tape y'all. Smith and Freeman will se reps, but only if we create 1st downs. Jackson and Rodgers did a nice job 2nd week in a row. I'm not worried about our running game, despite an effortless performance by our Right Tackle ( who would usually be the guy we run to football at) they still came up with 1st downs. But you can not go 3 and out 10 times and be dissapointed with few reps for the 3rd and 4th stringers..

our issues are with the playcalling....they just WILL NOT commit to the running game...it will be the thing that just kills us....look at chip kelly with the eagles...they do all types of exotic playcalling but they continue to run the football....shady mccoy had 20 carries for 79 yards...is it great? no...its the commitment to the run even though the colts got zero pressure on the QB all night long

SJax is going down with arm tackles...Tarzan above the waist and Jane below it. Watch the tape of that long run(cincy for 13 2nd qtr 9:29ish).. not touched until the 2nd level and he's brought down by a single(1) arm

tackle around the waist...pathetic.

SJax is 6ft2in 240lbs...does not run like it anymore. SJax is 3.3 ypc w/o that run and wasn't touched until brought down with an out stretched, already by him, fingers tackle...is he that weak?

Give Quizz the extra touches...makes more sense to the offenses in all facets(no huddle particularly).

Edited by Mid-Nite-Toker

SJax is going down with arm tackles...Tarzan above the waist and Jane below it. Watch the tape of that long run(cincy for 13 2nd qtr 9:29ish).. not touched until the 2nd level and he's brought down by a single(1) arm

tackle around the waste...pathetic.

SJax is 6ft2in 240lbs...does not run like it anymore. SJax is 3.3 ypc w/o that run and wasn't touched until brought down with an out stretched, already by him, fingers tackle...is he that weak?

Give Quizz the extra touches...makes more sense to the offenses in all facets(no huddle particularly).

we didn't run the ball 20 times in the entire game, but we threw it 44 times...thats the issue, we can get quizz and antone and devonte snaps IF we run the ball...the team has fallen in love with the passing game and completely forgot about our run game.....shady mccoy is probably the best rb in the league and his team was getting beat all day, but they still gave him the ball...he had 20 carries and it was only for 79 yards...its about making the defense turn its attention from rushing the qb and look for the run. that split second is what we need...we are not gonna win games running the football, but running the football will keep us balanced and help to protect the weak defense. this has been the formula for success for this team since 2008

we didn't run the ball 20 times in the entire game, but we threw it 44 times...thats the issue, we can get quizz and antone and devonte snaps IF we run the ball...the team has fallen in love with the passing game and completely forgot about our run game.....shady mccoy is probably the best rb in the league and his team was getting beat all day, but they still gave him the ball...he had 20 carries and it was only for 79 yards...its about making the defense turn its attention from rushing the qb and look for the run. that split second is what we need...we are not gonna win games running the football, but running the football will keep us balanced and help to protect the weak defense. this has been the formula for success for this team since 2008

Quizz deserves more touches than Sjax...fact. Rewatch the 13 yrd run by SJax...he goes down like a Miami hooker on Eugene Robinson before the SB. That should have been a bigger play from a 240lb back.

Quizz as a starter if pass blocking is a factor.

Forgive my rudeness...but just what I see/feel.

Edited by Mid-Nite-Toker

Quizz deserves more touches than Sjax...fact. Rewatch the 13 yrd run by SJax...he goes down like a Miami hooker on Eugene Robinson before the SB. That should have been a bigger play from a 240lb back.

Quizz as a starter if pass blocking is a factor.

Forgive my rudeness...but just what I see/feel.

you are talking about 1 run that was a good run...im talking about both games that we have played....insert whatever RB you like, we aren't running the ball enough....ALL of them can get it done in their own way...they all bring something different to the table...to say this guy needs more or that guy needs less is not the issue....we need to run the ball more and they all get more.....if quizz got all 12 of the carries that sjax got....do we win? no. how about freeman? no. sjax has not run the ball bad at all this season....nothing that has happened is his fault...the guy has run the ball well

you are talking about 1 run that was a good run...im talking about both games that we have played....insert whatever RB you like, we aren't running the ball enough....ALL of them can get it done in their own way...they all bring something different to the table...to say this guy needs more or that guy needs less is not the issue....we need to run the ball more and they all get more.....if quizz got all 12 of the carries that sjax got....do we win? no. how about freeman? no. sjax has not run the ball bad at all this season....nothing that has happened is his fault...the guy has run the ball well

We didn't need to run the ball more against NO and we ran the ball enough against Cincy...the right guy wasn't getting the touches. Anything we want to do on "O" is better with Quizz than Sjax.

That 13 yrd run spoke volumes IMHO...not touched until brought down in his tracks by an arm tackle...dude is 240. I'll take Quizz for that...as good pass blocker, runner, and better receiver. WTF is a SJax?

I didn't predict a win against Cincy anyway, but SJax was no help.

We didn't need to run the ball more against NO and we ran the ball enough against Cincy...the right guy wasn't getting the touches. Anything we want to do on "O" is better with Quizz than Sjax.

That 13 yrd run spoke volumes IMHO...not touched until brought down in his tracks by an arm tackle...dude is 240. I'll take Quizz for that...as good pass blocker, runner, and better receiver. WTF is a SJax?

I didn't predict a win against Cincy anyway, but SJax was no help.

we actually did need to run more to keep that saints offense off of the field. remember we couldn't stop them at all. we got some fortunate turnovers and that was the difference in the game.

we can't beat anybody running the ball less than 20 times in a game...i don't care who you want lined up in the backfield

tackle around the waist...pathetic.

Is this post a joke? While SJ hasn't been busting through the whole, what he has been doing his pushing guys backwards.

Before the Eagles game last night, I looked at a few RBs that had the similar number of attempts as SJ39. Take a look...

Steven Jackson: 23 carries, 98 yards, 4.3 per

Adrian Peterson: 21 carries, 75 yards, 3.6 per

LeSean McCoy: 21 carries, 74 yards, 3.5 per

Eddie Lacy: 25 carries, 77 yards, 3.1 per

we actually did need to run more to keep that saints offense off of the field. remember we couldn't stop them at all. we got some fortunate turnovers and that was the difference in the game.

we can't beat anybody running the ball less than 20 times in a game...i don't care who you want lined up in the backfield

We needed Ryan to outplay Brees and win the t/o battle which happened...to beat NO. Funny that Quizz made a decisive play in the run game.

Please, rewatch the SJax 13 yrd carry(Cincy) and tell me why he should get more touches than Quizz. Nobody named J. Anderson, W. Dunn, M Turner, BrakeWood(jerious), Snelling, Quizz, Freeman, or Smith is going

down like that in your tracks untouched with 12yrds head of steam. That is not the same SJax I feared when we played the Rams.

We needed Ryan to outplay Brees and win the t/o battle which happened...to beat NO. Funny that Quizz made a decisive play in the run game.

Please, rewatch the SJax 13 yrd carry(Cincy) and tell me why he should get more touches than Quizz. Nobody named J. Anderson, W. Dunn, M Turner, BrakeWood(jerious), Snelling, Quizz, Freeman, or Smith is going

down like that in your tracks untouched with 12yrds head of steam. That is not the same SJax I feared when we played the Rams.

i have game rewind...i have watched both game at least 10 times. he should get more touches because he is the starting RB for the Atlanta Falcons... If you think Quizz needs to be, well that's your opinion. I don't. This is the guy we have...he has an average of 4 yards per carry....its not all doom and gloom from SJax as you seem to think. He isn't the same guy...neither is roddy...thats not the issue...the issue is to use the guys you have to be successful. We haven't used ANY of our RBs like we should...you can take Sjax out completely and 19 runs from quizz antone and devonte won't get you a win...the scheme is flawed...not one of the RBs

I have seen harry douglas fall down over blades of grass several times, but quite frankly SJax is playing better than you are willing to admit...quizz isn't a starting RB. Smith isn't a starting RB. Devonte isn't a starting RB. they all have something to add to the running attack and they all should be used more

our issues are with the playcalling....they just WILL NOT commit to the running game...it will be the thing that just kills us....look at chip kelly with the eagles...they do all types of exotic playcalling but they continue to run the football....shady mccoy had 20 carries for 79 yards...is it great? no...its the commitment to the run even though the colts got zero pressure on the QB all night long

Just to be accurate, Philly has the smallest playbook in the league. Offense plays fast but only uses about 10 plays in run and 10 plays in passing game total. A few different formations here or there but that's it. it's not exotic. Not that this adds or subtracts from your point, I just felt compelled to interject about a common mis-perception.

Just to be accurate, Philly has the smallest playbook in the league. Offense plays fast but only uses about 10 plays in run and 10 plays in passing game total. A few different formations here or there but that's it. it's not exotic. Not that this adds or subtracts from your point, I just felt compelled to interject about a common mis-perception.

yeah.....10 plays from 20 different formations and personnel groups