How To Fix The Front 7

Dirtybird#11

FRONT 7  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Which Front 4 Lineup Would You Most Prefer?

• Jackson,Babs,Soliai,Biermann
    • Jackson,Babs,Soliai,Massaqoui
    • Jackson,Babs,Soliai,Umenyiora
    • Babs,Soliai,Hageman,Goodman
    • Goodman,Babs,Soliai,Massaqoui
    • Biermann,Babs,Hageman,Umenyiora
    • Hageman,Soliai,Babs,Jackson
    • Peters,Soliai,Babs,Jackson
    • Peters,Soliai,Babs,Massaqoui
    • Other?
  2. 2. What LB Lineup would you most prefer

• Bartu,Worrilow
    • Bartu,Shembo
    • Worrilow Shembo
    • Maponga,Worrilow
    • Bartu,Maponga
    • Maponga, Shembo
    • Other?

Realistically i agree with Trud. That being said out of these option this is what i picked.

1: Other. Mass-Tyson-Sol-Kroy should be our base starters. Swap out Tyson and Sol for Goodman and Peters/Hageman on passing downs.

2: Picked Worr-Bartu. Shembo's gaining on me but Bartu's still over him at this point.

I would like for us to go to a true 4-3 for a little while.

Babs, Soliai, Hagemen, Goodman one running downs.

Mass, Babs, Hageman, Goodman or Osi on passing downs.

And Shmebo, Wor, and Bartu as the LBs.

Im getting tired of the 4-2-5 we run occasionally

I'm going to get flamed for this, but here it goes anyway. Our front 4 on defense is perfectly fine. We are 13th in allowed yards per carry. Meanwhile, we have the 4th MOST rushing attempts against us. That's actually pretty impressive. Typically, if a defense has a large number of attempts against them, they give up higher yards per carry because they get winded.

The problem, IMHO, has one solution. We need to start faster on offense. Through 2 games, we have been playing from behind the entire game. That's not because of the defense, it's because the offense has not started fast. If we start playing with a lead, we will get sacks, interceptions, less rushing attempts against us, and less time on the field for our defense. If we continue playing from behind, opposing offenses will be less predictable, will run more trying to control the clock, and that slows down what little passrush we have.

Realistically i agree with Trud. That being said out of these option this is what i picked.

1: Other. Mass-Tyson-Sol-Kroy should be our base starters. Swap out Tyson and Sol for Goodman and Peters/Hageman on passing downs.

2: Picked Worr-Bartu. Shembo's gaining on me but Bartu's still over him at this point.

No Babineaux, but you'd leave Biermann in?