Bengals Game Thoughts With Db#11

Dirtybird#11

Ok this is a warning before you continue reading...... By this I mean I will rant about things. So here it is...

First off I have to say this, and it will hurt some of y'alls feelings. Ra'Shede Hageman will be a bust. He has played 2 weeks, and the only thing he has accomplished is being stood up by lineman and sipping gatorade on the sideline. Coach Cox can coach him up all he wants but if Hageman doesn't wanna learn and grow from it then bench him... We should've drafted Attachou.

Another thing I wanna point out is how bad our defense actually was in this game. As we all know we spent millions of dollars to beef up the DLINE an get "tougher", but my god we look worse than last year at stopping the run. I also wanna point out that Worrilow and Bartu are trash. I know they were absolutely great for 2 UDFAs last year, but aside from tackling they are good for nothing. Worrilow has shown time and time again that he is a liability in coverage, and Bartu has done nothing to help the coverage cause. IMO we should start Shembo and Maponga as quickly as possible if we hope to get better in coverage, and also pass rushing...... Oh and this is the last thing I wanna touch on in my rant. What the heck is up with the pass rush? I mean Nolan cmon man remove your head from your a$$ and get us into a 4-3 or 3-4 set all the time! I can't stand this nickel stuff you're trying to pull. It obviously isn't working! I mean how do you expect to get a solid pass rush if we only have 2 decent pass rushers on the field 50% of the game (Babs an Massaqoui)? You need to put the best players on the field and stop being so loyal to players like Hageman,Biermann,Peters,and Bartu. In other words I best be seeing some more Shembo,Goodman,Maponga,and Osi next game or imma flip ish. #Rant End

Now lets move on to the offense....

Koetter so help me god if you send the ole mule (SJax) out there one more time as the starter I will be calling for your head come offseason. It is obvious SJax is done, and he has been outplayed by Quiz,Freeman,and Tone every week since the preseason. An the thing that bothered me the most is that you know they were bringing the blitz because we had Lamar Holmes and Gabe Carimi starting at tackle for us, so why not call a screen? I mean we have 3 electric shifty RBs and you let Ryan stand by an get killed because you were to stubborn in hopes that one of our WRs would get open downfield before Ryan was feeling the heat? Thats awful coaching. An the thing is if the screen didn't work then at least you would know the Bengals wouldn't be bringing the heat more often because they know Smith or Quiz could break free if they were to bring the heat on a passing down! Oh well thats none of my business. But seriously Koetter know your personnel better. # Rant End

I guess now is the time to move onto the positives.

Quiz great job bud you proved yet again that you should be the starter

Bosher I know your leg is probably sore after yesterday, but you made sure the field position battle wasnt so bad by booming punt after punt.

Jake Matthews get well soon!

Joe Hawley I liked you being the protective guy on the OLINE! You took up for almost everyone yesterday. Well done

Nate Stupar you are a special teams killer. I seen multiple times #52 around the pile on KR/PRs throughout the game. Awesome job big dawg way to earn your pay.

All in all the coaching staff needs to motivate, and grow a pair of balls before Thursday or they might just blow another one sending us Atlanta fans home embarrassed yet again. I guess what I'm trying to say is Rise Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by DB#11_And_The_Polls

Ok this is a warning before you continue reading...... By this I mean I will rant about things. So here it is...

First off I have to say this, and it will hurt some of y'alls feelings. Ra'Shede Hageman will be a bust. He has played 2 weeks, and the only thing he has accomplished is being stood up by lineman and sipping gatorade on the sideline. Coach Cox can coach him up all he wants but if Hageman doesn't wanna learn and grow from it then bench him... We should've drafted Attachou.

Another thing I wanna point out is how bad our defense actually was in this game. As we all know we spent millions of dollars to beef up the DLINE an get "tougher", but my god we look worse than last year at stopping the run. I also wanna point out that Worrilow and Bartu are trash. I know they were absolutely great for 2 UDFAs last year, but aside from tackling they are good for nothing. Worrilow has shown time and time again that he is a liability in coverage, and Bartu has done nothing to help the coverage cause. IMO we should start Shembo and Maponga as quickly as possible if we hope to get better in coverage, and also pass rushing...... Oh and this is the last thing I wanna touch on in my rant. What the heck is up with the pass rush? I mean Nolan cmon man remove your head from your a$$ and get us into a 4-3 or 3-4 set all the time! I can't stand this nickel stuff you're trying to pull. It obviously isn't working! I mean how do you expect to get a solid pass rush if we only have 2 decent pass rushers on the field 50% of the game (Babs an Massaqoui)? You need to put the best players on the field and stop being so loyal to players like Hageman,Biermann,Peters,and Bartu. In other words I best be seeing some more Shembo,Goodman,Maponga,and Osi next game or imma flip ish. #Rant End

Now lets move on to the offense....

Koetter so help me god if you send the ole mule (SJax) out there one more time as the starter I will be calling for your head come offseason. It is obvious SJax is done, and he has been outplayed by Quiz,Freeman,and Tone every week since the preseason. An the thing that bothered me the most is that you know they were bringing the blitz because we had Lamar Holmes and Gabe Carimi starting at tackle for us, so why not call a screen? I mean we have 3 electric shifty RBs and you let Ryan stand by an get killed because you were to stubborn in hopes that one of our WRs would get open downfield before Ryan was feeling the heat? Thats awful coaching. An the thing is if the screen didn't work then at least you would know the Bengals wouldn't be bringing the heat more often because they know Smith or Quiz could break free if they were to bring the heat on a passing down! Oh well thats none of my business. But seriously Koetter know your personnel better. # Rant End

I guess now is the time to move onto the positives.

Quiz great job bud you proved yet again that you should be the starter

Bosher I know your leg is probably sore after yesterday, but you made sure the field position battle wasnt so bad by booming punt after pun.

Jake Matthews get well soon!

Joe Hawley I liked you being the protective guy on the OLINE! You took up for almost everyone yesterday. Well done

Nate Stupar you are a special teams killer. I seen multiple times #52 around the pile on KR/PRs throughout the game. Awesome job big dawg way to earn your pay.

All in all the coaching staff needs to motivate, and grow a pair of balls before Thursday or they might just blow another one sending us Atlanta fans home embarrassed yet again. I guess what I'm trying to say is Rise Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Literally stopped reading after that. I was about to say that he's only played 2 games but you answered that yourself.

Too early to call hageman a bust, he was going to need time to develop.

I was the first on the anti sjax bandwagon, that signing was as bad as the ray edwards signing. 2 seasons of bureaucracatic high rb pay, and all we get is this overrated pansy tippy toeing his over sized *** to the line and half azzing his runs. Im so upset by that, I'd rather spend a day reading Mr. Right and hive sop dap posts.

I agree that our screen game to the rbs was missing. I have no idea why we nixed it, and didnt try a few screens to devonta or quizz.

As far as worrilow and biermann goes, Im ready to pluck my eyes out with hot needles before I can go and watch this defense again. They are God Awful.

Edited by osiruz