Your Ideas For A New Regime.

FalconBlood23

Well after that terrible game and all of 2013 to go along with it. I wanted to see who you guys want us to get as a new head coach and a new GM. Now I haven't given up on this season. I just want your ideas for a new regime and who you want. Also what players would you like for the Falcons to sign next off season and also draft.

Personally I want Orakpo and another big name DE. Screw the bank we need help in those pisitions. In the draft I say we go either DE Again OR LB. In the second DL.

Personally I don't have a clue on who I would like as our new coach. I was thinking maybe Harbaugh out of the 49ers as I heard he most likely won't be back after this year. For GM....... no clue.

What about you guys??

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we are 1-1, only 3 teams in the NFC at 2-0, the Saints and Bucs 0-2 and there's a thread about a new regime.

Can you wait until we at least beat the Bucs Thursday night before starting this? 2-1 would be a perfect time to fire the HC as this will give him an extra 3 days to prepare for our 4th game of the season.

Whew!

Here we are 1-1, only 3 teams in the NFC at 2-0, the Saints and Bucs 0-2 and there's a thread about a new regime.

Can you wait until we at least beat the Bucs Thursday night before starting this? 2-1 would be a perfect time to fire the HC as this will give him an extra 3 days to prepare for our 4th game of the season.

Whew!

Like I said I am not giving up on our season yet. I just wanted to see who you guys would like to be in charge if things go sour.

Smitty ain't getting fired.

Blank brought in Pioli as TD's replacement. I think TD is gone after this year.

GM rarely, and I do mean rarely gets fired before the head coach.

Smitty will go before Dimitroff.

For Falcons next GM I would hire Duke Tobin. Right now he's the director of player personnel for the Bengals. He is the son of Bill Tobin, who most of you have heard of. Opposite of Dimitroff in that he's not flashy, but is a solid football talent evaluator.

For the Falcons next head coach I would hire Seahawk's Defensive Coordinator Dan Quinn. Again, not a flashy hire but a solid one. Unlike Smitty, I think Quinn's years as a defensive coordinator will help reform the Falcons defense into a better-than-average unit.

These are 2 proven talents who could get this team to the next level.

Overreaction_393761_334848.jpg

It's just a "what if" thread. No one is having an aneurysm over anything that I can see. I like my 2 choices though.

Dan Quinn is going to be a hot commodity for a HC gig soon and if the Falcons crap the bed again this year I would love to have him as our new HC.

Dimitroff will probably get one more year but if he doesn't Tobin would be an excellent GM IMO.

Beats all of the "bring in Gruden or Cowher" crap that gets thrown around here all the time.

Check with me in week 6. I think we would have lost under any HC/GM last week. I explained it in more than one thread. A non-conference game on the road sandwiched between division games with short rest is a loss looking for a place to happen. Add to that the the Bengals are at least 3 times as good as the walk over fodder this forum was expecting. The week 2 loss was going to happen. I think only one road team won a non-conference game this week. Other notable road non-conference losers were NO and Seattle. Don't act all surprised we got beat on the road in this situation.

This team will look much better on offense next Thursday. We will all be standing on the other end of the see saw. My guess is the staff split time between game planning the Bucs and Bengals last week anyway. One of these games means a lot more than the other in the grand scheme of things. I think Matthews will be on the field Thursday, and was only inactive Sunday because we had short rest going into the division game.

The emotional back-and-forth on this board is maddening. I want to wait for about 1/3 of the season to see if the overall pattern is changing. If not, I'll join the witch hunt then.

With the way this team is about injuries I doubt if Matthews suits up Thursday night. Just my opinion.

Ryan will be running for his life once again....especially if Katie Holmes is starting at RT again.

It's just a "what if" thread. No one is having an aneurysm over anything that I can see. I like my 2 choices though.

Dan Quinn is going to be a hot commodity for a HC gig soon and if the Falcons crap the bed again this year I would love to have him as our new HC.

Dimitroff will probably get one more year but if he doesn't Tobin would be an excellent GM IMO.

Beats all of the "bring in Gruden or Cowher" crap that gets thrown around here all the time.

There sure is a lot of "fantasy" threads after a loss... mellow.png