Is Anyone Actually Surprised By Todays Outcome?

PriMeTiiMe

Bengals are the 2nd best team in the AFC and a top 5 team in the NFL. They are as physical as any team in the NFL. We were playing in their house in their season opener where they have not lost in 2 years. We were coming off a huge emotional win vs our biggest division rival.

I stated in someones thread downgrading the Bengals D-Line that we would lose this game even if Geno and Burfict did not play.

We will rebound and win our next 4 vs rather weak NFC teams and be sitting pretty at 5-1 with a 5-0 NFC Record and 2-0 Division record before another tough road AFC North matchup with the Ravens.

Remember, Taking an AFC loss is not nearly as bad as an NFC or Divisional loss. Would you have rather lost to the Saints and beat the Bengals? **** no. Coming out 1-1 in those 2 tough games is a win in my book. Now the schedule lightens up some and we can gel as a team.

I can't put this all on coaching or the gameplan. We flat out stunk in all phases. Offense had way too many 3 and outs. Too much pressure, Ryan missing throws he normally makes, WRs dropping passes, RBs not finding the holes when their were some...Defensively Benard seemed to get a 1st down everytime he touched the ball. We left him wide open almost every play. We bring a **** jailbreak blitz for whatever reason and leave our CBs on an island to get beat which really opened up the game.

Endless endless amounts of mistakes. From top to bottom, We got our azz kicked. We were lucky it was only 24-10.

All that sounds good, but Carolina looks like the best team in division and Browns beating Saints means that maybe we are not that good. From looking at us today, we have no pass rush for 3rd straight year, no TE worth a ****, lack of depth on Oline meaning we are pathetic at OT without our rookie draft pick. This will equal about a 6-10 year which is better than last year, but what we deserve. We should win this week, but BUCs have a good D-line and I don't assume we win that game.

I was surprised. I wasn't 100% sure we'd win but I definitely thought we'd keep it close.

The Bengals D was outstanding. Their offense did well too -- the WR pass and the blitz-76 yard TD were just great plays by their guys.

They are clearly a good team, but maybe they are better than anyone thought too. Without their best weapon they dominated us. Look out for Cincy.

It's hardly surprising that the Falcons lost, when they play the way they did.

The whole team seemed to be having an off-day, and you can't have one of those against the Bengals. Ryan didn't play well, but our o-line and our receivers did nothing to help him. And our defense was a huge disappointment as well.

Hopefully they are going to look at the tapes and get things turned around against the Buccaneers.