2 Games And Still Not One Sack.

THE ICEMAN

Smith better hope this offense looks more like they did against the saints in week one vs today otherwise he won't be here next year.

It does fall on both Nolan and Smith. I don't buy the no talent crap we may not have elite players but we have some capable ones. heck Rex Ryan had nothing besides Revis when he first got to NY and he still produced a top notch defense. So I don't buy that talent crap we just have the wrong man leading us and we always have.

Smiths a great coach for young teams that are growing because he teaches them discipline and how valuable protecting the ball is but for a team that's trying to contend and win a Superbowl he's just not the right guy and needs to go.

Seeing games like this is getting old man Smith just doesn't get his guys motivated some times there was no effort there and they caved. The defense has played with effort sense 09 probably that extra effort just isn't there and that's why they miss tackles and generally rarely make plays.

This game reminded me of the giants game were it was competitive early and they just gave in. Then we play the faints the next year same team and whipped them like they were our little bother.

Its simple its always been Smith he's lost the locker room the guys only play with urgency When the seasons on the line hint the effort.

Both these lines have issues I'd be having one on ones and just very physical practices to fix the probably. Because it seems this defense really struggles when other teams play phyiscal and the same for the OL.

Not buying the no talent excuse???

*In 7 years TD has not drafted a front seven player that has went to the ProBowl

*We do not currently have a first rounder or second rounder that TD has drafted in our starting base 3-4 front seven. (Weatherspoon aka mr glass is hurt (AGAIN)

* Our coaches have not developed ANY players on the front seven effectively. Even Corey Peters was from KENTUCKY of all of the SEC schools you can pick from. Had a lot of us scratching our heads.

Just 3 examples. Offense puts buts in stadiums but defense wins championships.

Not buying the no talent excuse???

*In 7 years TD has not drafted a front seven player that has went to the ProBowl

*We do not currently have a first rounder or second rounder that TD has drafted in our starting base 3-4 front seven. (Weatherspoon aka mr glass is hurt (AGAIN)

* Our coaches have not developed ANY players on the front seven effectively. Even Corey Peters was from KENTUCKY of all of the SEC schools you can pick from. Had a lot of us scratching our heads.

Just 3 examples. Offense puts buts in stadiums but defense wins championships.

Your missing the point

Let me break it down for you

Sounds like you want a team build around a defense and there for has an elite one. Well were not build that way so we more so fall in that solid to good category.

But were not even that and even then like I said we have some decent players on defense heck PW has 29 tackles in two games he's on pace for like 220+ tackles that's crazy.

The scheme were playing on defense is Elementary And Smith being a defensive guys has a huge say in how he wants his defense to play him and Nolan have been horrible really sense being here yes Nolan even sucked when we nearly got to the Superbowl remember the huge leads we blew.

The 4-2-5 isn't working. Considering our only D player worth having is Worrilow, why not try a 3-1-7? We can't put pressure on the passer, so clog up the routes. Maybe the old "Prevent" defense is worth a try. <sarcasm off>

Our only D player worth having is Worrilow? We are in desperate need of an upgrade at ILB and Worrilow is one of the main reasons along with Jop. They are currently quality backups and that is all

Seriously. Can we just stop the "sacks are overrated" comments?

It sounds so douchey and condescending. First, it's really old. We get the point. Secondly, you know what you're implying is not what he meant.

Look at me! 2 years later and I can still quote a comment out of context! Hyuck hyuck hyuck.

We all agree our pass rush sucks. What are you trying to prove?

Our only D player worth having is Worrilow? We are in desperate need of an upgrade at ILB and Worrilow is one of the main reasons along with Jop. They are currently quality backups and that is all

No, we don't. Worrilow is one of the better MLB's in the league if he keeps this level of play up.

At least we tried an all out jailbreak blitz and gave up a long TD pass today.. we tried

we are always a step too slow on our blitzes - have you ever noticed that? the blitz just never gets there fast enough - it almost does but it never f'n does. Falcons almost made a couple of plays on the blitzes but we did not and both ended up being HUGE plays for the Bengals.

always a step too slow.

No, we don't. Worrilow is one of the better MLB's in the league if he keeps this level of play up.

He's not though. He is a below average starter who is a sure tackler but struggles shedding blocks, is slow in pursuit, and very poor in coverage. His ability to rush the passer on blitzes is average at best

He has solid instincts but his physical talent is simply not there to start in the NFL

He's not though. He is a below average starter who is a sure tackler but struggles shedding blocks, is slow in pursuit, and very poor in coverage. His ability to rush the passer on blitzes is average at best

He has solid instincts but his physical talent is simply not there to start in the NFL

You shouldn't need to shed blockers on most plays as an MLB, in theory. He's not slow in pursuit, that's simply untrue, and look around the league and tell me how many MLB's or ILB's or any sort of LB for that matter are shutdown players in coverage. He's pretty **** good rushing the passer as well for an MLB. You don't seem to understand what an MLB is supposed to do.