Official Rushing Stats Today

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well sure....we threw 3 interceptions. i never said it was just one wink.png

I have the same convo often on this board. Nowhere else. I call it like I see it. Not how you WOR or anyone else see's it. You are free to disagree, I don't need anyone to agree with me anyways. I don't think we have the right personnel for what we are trying to do. Its my opinion. So far they haven't proven me wrong.

If that was some kind of comment towards me, it was incredibly unnecessary.

It wasn't but I guess your comment aimed at me was.

I have the same convo often on this board. Nowhere else. I call it like I see it. Not how you WOR or anyone else see's it. You are free to disagree, I don't need anyone to agree with me anyways. I don't think we have the right personnel for what we are trying to do. Its my opinion. So far they haven't proven me wrong.

It wasn't but I guess your comment aimed at me was.

The comment I quoted you and directed at you? Yeah. You call passing whatever crap because you believe in a running attack. What I said wasn't false. If it doesn't match what you believe you act like it's wrong.

its been two games. we won one of them. nothing has been proven yet. sample size is way too small

The comment I quoted you and directed at you? Yeah. You call passing whatever crap because you believe in a running attack. What I said wasn't false. If it doesn't match what you believe you act like it's wrong.

i hear ya.

passing teams can be successful. look at NCAA teams. there are plenty of teams that pass 80-90% of the time. its all about execution. it doesnt matter what you do run vs. pass. its about execution

i hear ya.

passing teams can be successful. look at NCAA teams. there are plenty of teams that pass 80-90% of the time. its all about execution. it doesnt matter what you do run vs. pass. its about execution

I like rushing but im not going to act like that's why we lost. Saints been winning for years without a rushing attack. How many games had Brady thrown 45 times or more? When has Andrew Luck had a run game? Eli Manning? Rodgers? I can go on. It's not impossible to win when you only rush 2 times.

Every team has a different idea of how to win. Theyre not all the same. I know a lot of us do not agree with Koetter but at the end of the day that doesn't matter. This is how the team is run. If you beat the table for a Seattle like run game you're going to waste a lot of energy and cause a lot of added stress for yourself.

Its false because I believe in a more balanced attack. I am watching games and seeing the same as it has always been. Whoever can stop the run and run the ball. We won in OT on a turnover. We proved nothing man. You have to run the ball still. Total passing teams don't win the SB that frequently. I have done the numbers already there have been two in ten years.

Its as ignorant as the guy who thinks I only like power runners even though i had Quizz in my mock and wanted Spiller...a few others too. I like balance. Right now I don't think we are running enough. If we were at 5 yds per carry you capitalize on what is hot.

I like rushing but im not going to act like that's why we lost. Saints been winning for years without a rushing attack. How many games had Brady thrown 45 times or more? When has Andrew Luck had a run game? Eli Manning? Rodgers? I can go on. It's not impossible to win when you only rush 2 times.

Every team has a different idea of how to win. Theyre not all the same. I know a lot of us do not agree with Koetter but at the end of the day that doesn't matter. This is how the team is run. If you beat the table for a Seattle like run game you're going to waste a lot of energy and cause a lot of added stress for yourself.

exactly. thats the beauty of this game. there are so many ways to win. this aint 1950's football lol

exactly. thats the beauty of this game. there are so many ways to win. this aint 1950's football lol

Ummm....Luck hasn't had a SB win. Brady had Dillon, Eli had Bradshaw and Jacobs...what are you guys talking about. Last year was a total with the run game. In ten years only two total pass teams have won and I think Peyton had Addai.

The problem with me isn't that I am wrong, its you are in love with the passing league. tell me. If there had been more running, do you think they would have kept blitziing? Do you think we still would have gotten 3 INT's? You lessen those chances when you run more. You know they put up 170yds running on us right?

The only place I go where people get their feelings hurt when I bring up the run is here.

Ummm....Luck hasn't had a SB win. Brady had Dillon, Eli had Bradshaw and Jacobs...what are you guys talking about. Last year was a total with the run game. In ten years only two total pass teams have won and I think Peyton had Addai.

I'm not doubting, because the stats might follow it up, but the falcons "have" sjax.

In 7 years we would fit your argument. Id need to see how much Peyton threw, but addai was decently involved.

Its false because I believe in a more balanced attack. I am watching games and seeing the same as it has always been. Whoever can stop the run and run the ball. We won in OT on a turnover. We proved nothing man. You have to run the ball still. Total passing teams don't win the SB that frequently. I have done the numbers already there have been two in ten years.

Its as ignorant as the guy who thinks I only like power runners even though i had Quizz in my mock and wanted Spiller...a few others too. I like balance. Right now I don't think we are running enough. If we were at 5 yds per carry you capitalize on what is hot.

there you go again. "i believe in this so it must be true".

if you said had a sloppy passing game with no rhythm, i would accept that, but saying it was bad because it went again your "beliefs"? that is nuts. balance isnt about run/pass. it is about keeping a defense honest and exploiting the defense when they cheat to defend something you are beating them with.

example: we are beat a zone with high low concepts so the defense goes to man. then we have enough balance to adjust and run crossing patterns and slants to beat the man coverage.

or

you are running outside zone all over a defense so they begin to overcompensate to stop it and commit to heavily to one side of the field, then you start burning them with inside zone or counter.

it truly doesnt matter if you run the ball. it doesnt. my belief is that spreading defenses out and having a good passing attack is going to lead to more points. im not gonna force my belief on you, because you can succeed in many ways, but my way isnt wrong.

I'm not doubting, because the stats might follow it up, but the falcons "have" sjax.

In 7 years we would fit your argument. Id need to see how much Peyton threw, but addai was decently involved.

Dominic Rhodes too. They ran for 1700 yds and 17 ground TD's. 4 by manning. Every time I find a team (except the Packers that year) there was a solid run game.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/clt/2006.htm

Manning got over 4000yds passing too. That's called "balance". That thing i like so much. The only thing is the defense was rarely on the field, so the sack total was low.

Over the past half decade I think it's hard to find an offense that has been more consistent than that of the Saints.

And we all know they're not big on the running game.

It's all about how you execute the game plan. You can win doing whatever you want as long as you do it in a way that's better than your opponent.

there you go again. "i believe in this so it must be true".

if you said had a sloppy passing game with no rhythm, i would accept that, but saying it was bad because it went again your "beliefs"? that is nuts. balance isnt about run/pass. it is about keeping a defense honest and exploiting the defense when they cheat to defend something you are beating them with.

example: we are beat a zone with high low concepts so the defense goes to man. then we have enough balance to adjust and run crossing patterns and slants to beat the man coverage.

or

you are running outside zone all over a defense so they begin to overcompensate to stop it and commit to heavily to one side of the field, then you start burning them with inside zone or counter.

it truly doesnt matter if you run the ball. it doesnt. my belief is that spreading defenses out and having a good passing attack is going to lead to more points. im not gonna force my belief on you, because you can succeed in many ways, but my way isnt wrong.

I believe in a balanced attack because that has been the case for SB winner in more recent years. Don't believe me do the research. I already have. The only team exempt was the packers. You belief is emotionally based, my is based on proven facts. Not factoids.

Over the past half decade I think it's hard to find an offense that has been more consistent than that of the Saints.

And we all know they're not big on the running game.

It's all about how you execute the game plan. You can win doing whatever you want as long as you do it in a way that's better than your opponent.

They have one SB. and rushed for over 2000yds while passing over 4000 yds. Balanced. Then the defense tallied 35 sacks and 26 INT's.

http://www.pro-footb...ms/nor/2009.htm

The problem with me isn't that I am wrong, its you are in love with the passing league. tell me. If there had been more running, do you think they would have kept blitziing? Do you think we still would have gotten 3 INT's? You lessen those chances when you run more. You know they put up 170yds running on us right?

The only place I go where people get their feelings hurt when I bring up the run is here.

wait, first of all, lets not define success with super bowl rings. you can be a successful team and not win a superbowl.

second, peyton, brees, brady all were clearly pass first teams. but im not even having that argument because it is futile.

third, the running game isnt the only way to stop a blitz. if you have a quick, efficient passing game that is executing, there arent many things a defense can do to stop it. like i have said this entire conversation, the turnovers killed us. but that is the execution part. and even those INT's werent bad. the last one was just a desperation heave. the second was a forced pass to harry that matt would certainly love to have back. and the first was a great play by the defender on a tipped ball.

if you run the ball 45 times you are just exposing yourself to more fumbles.

fortunately this isnt 1950. you should read up on woody hayes and bo schembechler. i think you like them lmao

and fwiw, its not hard to get 170 rushing on 45 carries. they only averaged 3.8 a carry. like i said, we out averaged them 5.1/3.8